NARS Jungle Red

3.5

on 10/29/2010 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Like other reviewers, I concur this is a *perfect* red. I am *extremely* happy with the balance of 'orange' and 'blue' undertones.

This is the longest lasting lipstick I own - this includes cups of coffee, a meal and several hours at work. I do not find it drying, but then again I do not have dry lips (and do not need to use lip balm etc.) I also do not find it feathers, what a pleasant surprise. I love the rich, soft, velvety look this lipstick gives me, like something off a movie poster.

I am taking off one lippie because I feel the cost of $30CAD to be ridiculous. Given how I feel about the shade and its staying power I am willing to deal with it ... for now.

*Update: This lipstick is just so great I wanted to update my review with a note saying 'Omg, I really love it!'. I typically need to use lip liners to prevent feathering and especially with darker shades. But I do not need to use a lip liner with this and I am really just amazed. There is not an evening, when I wear it, that someone doesn't stop me and tell me they love this lipstick on me. If you are considering a red then consider coughing up the $30 and trying this. At least try it on at a Sephora and walk around for a few hours and admire the staying power and the compliments you get ;) (Still 4 lippies because I think the price is ridiculous but its NARS and this price range is sorta standard for them.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is NOT a orange-red. It is a bright blue based red. I have golden olive undertones and this doesnt quite work with me. It looks bad actually. For a real orange-red go for heatwave. That color is phenomonal. Jungle red is great for blue cool toned gals.