Lancome Rouge Sensation - Crushed Rose

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.8

I love this lipstick! It looks so lovely on my NC20(ish) skin (I wear Mont Blanc in NARS). Definitely reminds me of a dark rose color and it's not at all orangey. I'll lightly dab it for a day look or do a darker lip for a night out. This lipstick kind of needs a liner though, so you should probably get one of those to guide your application. I also find that it has a really really slight sheen to it (not completely matte).

The only issues I have with this product are the smell/taste and the packaging. Initially the smell/taste was really off-putting but I found that after a week or so it faded. Still, not sure I would wear this to a restaurant...I also found that the round packaging made this product roll off my vanity (then again, my vanity is angled because my bedroom is at a slant). The higher price might also be a downer for some people (apparently not for me).

Anyways, overall I would buy this again for its durability, lovely, versatile color and moisturizing capacities. It's the perfect lipstick for the office, a lowkey evening or a date.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Lovely colour, easy to apply and non drying.

After a morning of drinking lots of tea and coffee it was immaculate.
I was especially impressed by its wear after lunch it had faded into an even pink lip stain effect. No bleeding, sinking into fine lines or fading completely in the centre.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This lipstick--along with Clinique's "Just Gorgeous"--are the ones I always reach for when I have a job interview or need something with impact that isn't overly bright. The formulation for "Crushed Rose/Bordeaux" is creamy, and while I'm usually the first person to become annoyed at a lipstick fragrance, this one is suble enough that it doesn't bother me.

The color could be described as a medium intensity pink-rose-brown on the cool side. The coverage is opaque with no shimmer/pearl whatsoever, but it does have a soft shine to it. It certainly is not "Cherries in the Snow" bright, but definitely there.

I have light brown hair with slight red undertones, cool, porcelain skin and blue-gray eyes, and it it is very flattering on me. Pricey at $20 or so, but worth it, IMO.

I have been using Lancome lipstick for about 10 years, it is definately the best! Stays on pretty well, great colour choices, great for keeping the lips moist in cold weather. Would
highly recommend the absolue creme in any variety of colour.

I have no complaints for this lipstick. The color is truly a soft rosy red shade. Nothing too dearing. This is nice for casual wear. The staying power is very good and I dont find this shade as drying as Marachino velvet. The shade is just like made for my PPP red undertones skin.