Clinique Long Last Lipstick - Watermelon

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this today and loving it! I may be too old for pink, I'm 43, but I don't care. It's so complementary to my complexion and just makes me happy. I can tell this is going to be a favorite.
Btw, it was $17.
It really is a beautiful shade and hours later I still feel it on though very matte. Like a stain on my lips.
I hope they always make this shade. It's a perfect pink without being too pink.

on 11/18/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm not a fan of pink lipsticks and I tend to gravitate towards coral pinks or red pinks as opposed to a 'true' pink.
I was on a mission to find a pink lipstick that wasn't too pale and would still give my complexion a boost without being too bright.

Clinique's Watermelon fits that bill perfectly. It's a warm toned pink (to me) and it doesn't have any red in it so it's not a 'watermelon' colour in that sense.
It's a darker Barbie pink shade that feels great on my lips and leaves behind a nice stain.

This will be my one go to pink lipstick in my stash.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When I first purchased this I hated it, but it's grown on me. I hated it at first because it reflects quite a bit and has a lot of shine for what I normally like in a lipstick. I didn't expect it to be matte by any means, but it definitely isn't like your regular lipstick. The reason I dislike glossier lipsticks is because I feel as if they make my lips looks thinner, which was an issue with this product.

However, if I apply a very thin layer the shine is quite minimal and the colour is absolutely gorgeous. It's a very pretty almost-barbie pink. It glides on nicely, and the packaging is unique with the (coiled? idk the word for it) tube.The only warning I have is if your teeth aren't very white and that's something your self conscious about, I'd tell you to skip this.

on 5/15/2013 10:47:00 PM

I got a tube of Clinique Watermelon as a freebie from my mom having purchased something else by Clinique. So it wasn't something I chose for myself. And I wouldn't have either.

I have a darker complexion and if you go by seasons, I'm a definite Winter.

On me, this lipstick is NEON PINK. I kid you not. It looks like Day-Glo. Turn on the black light, baby, and put on your leg-warmers! I'm ready for the 80's!

Not.

The good thing is, it's highly pigmented. And that's how it managed to achieve that fluorescent effect, even with my darker complexion!

on 2/3/2013 4:04:00 PM

Hi girls!!
Well Ive been on the hunt for a lovely sheer pink lippy for absolutley ages!
In boots, trying this on i loved it it really suited me and was so excited to buy it.
Maybe it was the light in Boots but when i got home and re applied i found it was a bit dolly-pink which is a colour i find really false looking and doesnt suit me.
It lasts a while kind of leaves a stain on my lips which is nice.
its lovely and smooth on your lips and its not chalky at all, you dont need to smooth it down with vaseline like you do with some mac ones.

Let down with the shade but the actual other qualities like packaging, consistency are great xo

on 12/5/2012 3:08:00 PM

This is my second in the long-last line. Again I feel it splits the difference, being neither drying nor super moisturizing - but to me, it's very comfortable and light - I know it's there because my lips feel protected. This shade is just *so* PRETTY! Watermelon isn't quite the right name, as on me it's more pink than that. I doubt that it would work on everyone, but it's got just enough red to work on me - a tinge more pink, and it would be too much for me. So, yes, I am so happy to have found this color. I would say for anyone who thinks pink doesn't work on her, you really *should* try this. I never had problems with the Clinique tubes, but this does seem a bit more sturdy. Will buy again and again.

on 3/28/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I love this color! I love that I can control the amount of color on my lips, if I want a hint of color I just dab this on my lips and it creates a pouty look for me. I love how it fades it just gives me a nice pink tint. People think I have big lips but in reality its this product that makes my lips stand out. I love this product, I have an obsession with this!

on 12/30/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful color. As others have said, it really brightens up my face. I'm wearing this on my upcoming wedding day. Lasts a bit longer than regular lipstick. Doesn't turn darker or red-ish on my lips as many colors do.

on 10/28/2008 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited when I found this color. I love the formula - it's soft but not super-moist and the color really brightens up my skin tone and it also makes it look tan. It's also more matte than a lot of brands offer. I love the case, especially compared to the Dramatically Different cases I'm used to from all the give-aways. I have fair/medium skin with olive tones and this really looked great on me.

on 10/26/2008 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I read about this in Harpers Bazzar and the photo looked red. I am so glad I stopped into Sephora and tested it. I love it, finally a true watermelon shade. I was wearing Mac's Lustering and that was pretty watermelonie (is there such a word??) :) But this is really watermelon and it brightens up my face. I think it has just enough pigment, not too much, but not too little. I can say the staying power is not really great, but I do like this lipstick.