Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.5

on 11/5/2016 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this lipstick! Its a very pigmented pinkish red. I love how creamy it is and this lasts me about 4 hours before I have to reapply. It is very bright and a bold shade. I will repurchase it when mine runs out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was lucky enough to get this on sale for 5$ and since revlon is normally pretty expensive at the DS, I was glad enough to snap up a backup as well. I loved the shade at first swipe and its creamy texture makes me love reapplying it as well. The shade is slightly cooler than Fire&Ice from the same line, which makes it more appropriate for wintertime. This bright red is not everybody's cup of tea but it awakens your complexion like no one's business. It's a must have for fair to medium skintones, as long as your don't have too much olive in your skin (it would clash with olive tones and turn pink). This looks great with a bit of mascara and a touch of coral blush.

on 7/9/2015 5:20:00 PM

This lipstick is so gorgeous! It's a vibrant red-orange, but it's not too orange. It's very creamy (it's not matte) and it's so moisturizing. It lasts on your lips for a decent amount of time, it's not as long-lasting as a lip stain, but it doesn't fade very quickly. I would recommend using a lip liner before putting on the lipstick (it makes it last longer and it is a very "in your face" kind of shade.) The price can't be beat and the packaging is decent, it's not the best packaging, it's quite nice, and it's definitely not the worst.

Overall, I really enjoyed this lipstick and the price can't be beat.

on 12/30/2014 6:26:00 PM

I love everything about this lipstick. The color, staying power , color payoff , creaminess and price. It's also readily available at drugstores. Except this time of year, somehow a lot of red lipsticks are out of stock. Anyway, this is a super bright lipstick. I would say a true red but looks kind of pink tone red in the tube. Hands down one of the best red lipsticks drugstore or high end.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LTR: Acronym for 'Love That Red'

Price: SGD $12 - I got this on a sale at 30% off.

Color: A beautiful neutral red. LTR is neither too cool nor too warm. In fact, I think it is really interesting red because it seems to change a little with the lighting. Also, it comes across as a slightly pinky-red on me. Hmmm, intriguing. Judging from my personal experiences and the other reviews on MUA, I'm pretty sure this is a shade of red that works with your skintone. I feel that LTR looks amazingly chic with an all-black ensemble - black dress, black ballet flats and a black clutch. I love to pair this outfit with China Glaze 'Merry Berry' nail polish for a Parisian chic flair. Quite Chanel, I think. Simple yet sexy. This is a color I would whip out for a formal event, a concert or even a classy dinner date with my SO. Yet I wouldn't hesitate wearing it everyday with a simple, minimalistic ensemble too. However, to each his/her own, so wear it with whatever fashion ensemble of your desire. (:

Formula: Perfect. Creamy, opaque in a single swipe and not drying. I like to slick on some chapstick just to add a little bit of moisture to my lips. Longevity is good because LTR stains well - say 3-4 hours. Reapplication is usually done is small dabs - a little goes a long way.

Highly, highly recommend this color. A really beautiful red lipstick. I dare say I love this more than CHANEL Rouge Coco 'Gabrielle' because it does slip and move around that much, and has better lasting power; I definitely love LTR more than my M.A.C. Amplified Creme lipsticks because the M.A.C. ones are slightly drying and cost more than what they can do for me.

on 4/3/2014 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Okay so I don't know what voodoo magic this stuff does to me but it's pink not red. And it look so awful on me. Thank god it's so cheap, or I would be really upset. If you have any way of trying it on before you buy, DO! It like all other lipsticks changes with your skintone. So whack it on and figure it out.

I love this color. It's such a fun red- I have a lot of darker, bloodier reds but this one is so much more easy going. Its a warm red, slightly orangey (like a poppy flower color, not an ugly neon). I first purchased Cherry Blossom, but as it was such a cool color it didn't suit me. Love That Red is the same intensity, but is basically the 'warm' version of Cherry Blossom :)

on 1/6/2014 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another fantastic red on my cool toned pale skin! It doesn't make my teeth look yellow. The formula is also hydrating and long lasting. This is my favorite out of all the red shades I've purchased by Revlon.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this shade. It really is the perfect red lipstick, and I have worn many HG red lipsticks. It is not too cool and it's not too warm. It pops against my mocha complexion and is not garish, but highly complementary. What I really love about it is that it is very creamy and not drying. What I really, really love about it is that I can apply it, blot it with tissue and achieve a beautiful matte finish that lasts. I only purchase Revlon lipsticks when they are on sale for half price or less, which happens quite frequently (btwn SDM and Rexall, these sales happen about 6x per year). After years of wasting money on HG lipsticks (tsk tsk...I was so misguided), I will stick with Revlon.

love that red is the shade i will always love :-)since it is a bright true red, it doesn't make my teeth appear yellow at all. the lasting power is good but has a tendency to smudge so i deal with this by covering my lips with lip liner before application so that it lasts that long . i'd definitely repurchase considering its performance and affordable price