Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Face Primer

Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Face Primer

2.0

1 review

Let me start out by saying I SO wanted to love the new Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Face Primer.  I love the idea of a glowing and hydrating primer.  However, even for my dry skin, this was too glowing and too hydrating for me.  It doesn't start out that way, but by the end of the day I looked like a greasy, glowy mess.  The other bummer was that this includes several potentially irritating fragrance ingredients- orange, lemon, parfum, aroma/flavor, Citral, limonene, and linalool.  Once I saw the Citral word I was ready to run for the hills!  Citral is one of the biggest irritants that is used as fragrance.  I prefer to keep my morning routine as fragrance free as possible to help skin fight off pollution, UV rays, and free radicals.

I also found that the Banana Bright Face Primer had a tendency to settle into fine lines and crease. The Ole Henriksen Primer also pilled when paired with certain foundations and beauty balms.  This happened most often with foundations that contained SPF protection.  I was hoping for something with more of a subtle glow that helped blur imperfections, sadly this primer did not fit the bill.  My video review can be seen here:

Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Face Primer Full Ingredients List:  Water, Squalane, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Coconut Alkanes, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Cetearyl Methicone, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Xylitylglucoside, Dimethicone/Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate Crosspolymer, Anhydroxylitol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Stevioside, Polysilicone-11, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xylitol, Tocopherol, Parfum/Fragrance, Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glucose, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ascorbic Acid, Aroma/Flavor, Sodium Chloride, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.