Milani AMORE MATTE LIP CREME - DEVOTION

Not tested on animals

on 7/29/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the MILANI AMORE MATTE LIP CREME in the color DEVOTION. Wow! Where do I ever start off. Such a beautiful beautiful shade.

COLOR:
Dark, deep, rich red shade on my tan Indian skin
Think "retro" 1940's Hollywood glam red! Very beautiful color.

WEAR/LONGEVITY/TEXTURE
This wore for a total of 7 hours on me. Would have been longer but was getting down on the greasy foods :)
Even with oily foods, it only breaks down in the center of lips but corners were fine. I will admit these are drying BUT I will not shoot it down because 98% of liquid lipsticks are drying. If you want that matte, velvety perfection you have to suck it up! lol. Also, reapplying these were hard, as it becomes too thick layered and becomes flaky. I would advise removing color completely and starting fresh. Another thing is that this shade in particular is thin but goes on very smooth and opaque. That's another reason I love this. It looks so SMOOTH on the lips. Ugh just beautiful!

PRICE/WHERE TO FIND:
When these first came out they were very hard to find in the The part of NJ where I live. Now, they are currently sold in CVS and Walmart, although CVS did not have the full color line for some reason. When I first saw these at Walmart I was super excited because they are soooo hard to find or always sold out! Price depends on where you get it. MILANI website has these for $9 but I paid $8.49 in Walmart and CVS has them for about $10-11 a pop.

Bottom line, these lipsticks are beautiful and gorgeous and would recommend them to anyone.