Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Ash Brown

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Ash Brown

on 7/15/2016 12:35:00 AM

I have been cursed with sparse brows with no tails.... so I have used endless brow products over the years. For the past 10 years or so, I've been using a slate grey pencil by Marcel (cheap drugstore brand). I have an oily t-zone, so by the end of my 12 hour shifts, not only is my face an oilslick, but my brows begin to smear. I was reluctant to use this product because I am not so handy with makeup brushes. However, the smaller angled brush by Anastasia is so lovely to use with this brow gel. It is long lasting and looks so much more natural than my cheap brow pencil. This stuff is fantastic.

on 9/11/2015 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

small brag: I do get constant compliments on my brows. Before I started using this I was on everything else: Pencils, pens, self sharpening mechanical what nots, powders, etc. You name it, I've used it. Each product has its strengths and weaknesses, and I came to accept the flaws my previous brow tools had. When I stumbled upon Dipbrow, I realized just how inferior all these other products are.

The only downside I can think of for this product, is that it's in a jar, and you have to use a brush. (And that's not even a downside...but it might be tiresome to some).

My brows now look even more perfect than before, and stays on ALL day.

Seriously love it to pieces. Take it from someone who NEVER leaves her home without her brows, this is a MUST HAVE.

on 7/10/2015 9:13:00 PM

This is amazing the new ash brown is the perfect match for my mac nc15-20 skintone with jet black hair. The colors are more intense than powder great for those with gapy or uneven eyebrows because if you need to fill in the gap or over draw one side to make the brow look more even it's less noticeable that you over drew it. I first tried dark brown but it was to brown then ebony it was too dark. You only need a tiny amount but the con is it expires in 6 months and dries out within 2-3 months especially living in a hot humid climate. I still have a lot left is not cheap $18 . When it dried out I mixed it up with a tiny spatula but the consistency got more oily and wet harder to apply evenly.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Dipbrow pomade has been my brow life-saver since it came out. I have extremely spare brows so before this product came out, I was really struggling to keep my brows on for the whole day. I was using pencil and powder, but at the end of the day, my brows would have been rubbed off or sweated off because the pencil and powder had very little to cling to. Enter this product, and I haven't had disappearing brows since. Because it's a cream product, it easily clings to my skin creating the look of full brows. I like that you can control the product and make it as light or heavy as you want. I use the #12 angled eyebrow brush from Anastasia and it works perfectly with the dipbrow pomade. I also like that the product lasts forever and only really starts to get dry when you're almost out, but even when it's a little dry, the product still works well, but is just less creamy and spreadable. I've owned 3 colors. When it first came out, the only brown color was chocolate. Chocolate has a bit of a reddish tone and I realize looking back, that it was not a good match for me (light skinned Asian with natural black hair). Then they came out with more colors and I've been using medium brown for about a year now. I think this color works well for me. However I just purchased and used ash brown for the first time today, and it really is the best match for asian eyebrows. This product is great and just to make sure my brows really stay on all day, I top it with urban decays all nighter setting spray and lightly brush on NYX brow powder in ash/taupe. My brows are the best they have ever been.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I cannot live without this on my brows especially in the summer, it stays on forever! I have very dark brown hair and my brows are almost black, I don't really need much filling in I just use this to fill in the sparse areas and give more definition, I like a strong brow.
I originally purchased this in dark brown and that was fine but I felt it was a bit too warm and I wanted something that would blend in and look more natural, ash brown is perfection.
The best part is that one jar lasts pretty much forever, I had my dark brown for more than a year and after daily use I still had a little less than half left. For me it's a much better deal than buying pencil after pencil.

If you werenít exactly born with full, luscious eyebrows (or any at all) and insist on having them, thereís a pomade for that! Gels are great, but what about when you air kiss your fancy friend after leaving a fancy brunch and accidentally leave a brown streak on her forehead? Do you spit on your hand and wipe it off like youíre her grandmother? You shouldnít. You should just set it with powder. But two steps to achieve full brows? Thatís one too many in my book. These pomades donít need to be set and are more precise than using powder which means you get a more hair-like line. This makes them the ultimate brow product, regardless of your specific brow needs. The reigning champion right now is Anastasia Beverly Hillsí DipBrow Pomade, but is Nyxís Tame & Frame option just as good for 1/3 of the price? Letís see!

Wear Time. Even in extreme heat and humidity, these should last you all day. Iíve worn the ABH DipBrow in Miami in million degree heat with 1,000% humidity and my brows didnít budge. Maybe Iím being dramatic, but you have to admit thatís kind of miraculous. I havenít tested Nyxís formula in such extreme temperatures yet, but the wear time in regular weather seems to be the same.

Pigmentation. The Nyx formula is just a bit more sheer than ABHís. This makes it great for beginners because you wonít have harsh lines all over the place. It can be a tad annoying though for people who are used to the pigmentation of ABHís DipBrow.

Color Selection. In addition to being a little more sheer, Nyxís color selection is definitely limited. Anastasia Beverly Hillsí pomade comes in 11 different shades whereas Nyxís only comes in 5. This will definitely be a problem for some people: no matter how good the formula, if itís the wrong color it just wonít work.

These are two very good products, whether youíre looking to create brows out of thin air or amp up the ones you already have. If youíre just beginning to fill in your brows and can find a shade that will work for you, I definitely recommend trying Nyxís Tame & Frame. If not, the DipBrow by Anastasia Beverly Hills is well worth the money and since you only use the tiniest bit for every application, you definitely wonít need to be repurchasing throughout the year.

www.AllTheBestBeauty.com

on 5/18/2015 2:04:00 PM

I have black hair and sparse eye brows due to age and overplucking. The dark brown shades in Anastasia's line all look reddish on me, but this one works well. I have old but combo skin so it does fade by the end of the day but I am trying it with eyeshadow primer and it should do the trick.

on 5/15/2015 5:45:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My hair and eyebrows are black while my skin color is fair. Originally I bought this product in the color Dark Brown thinking it would be a match but turned out it was way too harsh a look. I then ordered Ash Brown from the new color range and I'm very happy!

I have an annoying color of my eyebrows that has been very difficult to match. They aren't black or brown but grey. Yes grey but not completely grey. Apparently I have also a touch of brown in them...sigh. Until Anastasias Dipbrow in ASH BROWN came out I had not found a color to match my eyebrows. This is my HG for my brows.

I'm a super fanatic about having good brows. I shave them with a shaving tool specifically designed for brows. I also trim them. I have a weird shape near the "middle" where on eyebrow is longer than the other and also on eyebrow has more height than the other. A nightmare I have yet to see on anyone else. Also I got some gaps here and there.

This is THE perfect match I have come across for my eyebrows. I literally waited every time the sun would shine, go the department store and try a dipbrow color, go home and examine my eyebrows in day light so to see that the color matches my eyebrows EXACTLY.

I don't use a slant eye-brush. I use an eyeliner brush to paint my eyebrows. I'm in need of precision coloring not general thickness or definition. I only do that when I go out with the girls.

I give this a 5/5

Pro:

*I got this for about 22 dollars with a coupon.
*Color match was exact.
*The texture is lovely.
*Stays put all day.
*Good amount for price
* A little goes a long way.

Con:

* Maybe price but you have to think about this they way when you buy food --> Price per kg in this case price per oz. It's a great deal for the price and amount.
* Maybe not for those that only fill in their eyebrows on rare occasions.