NYX Wicked Lippie

4.1

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have Envy, Risque, and Wrath, and out of the three Wrath is my favorite. It is a coppery brown shimmer that is actually super-wearable on my fair skin. This formula is a little drier than the NYX round lipsticks, but it isn't as dry as a matte lipstick. The bullets look very metallic, but on the lips they're more of a semi-metallic finish. The colors are fun and funky and I am glad to have them in my stash since they're fun to play with or wear at night.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I own Betrayal, Cold-Hearted, and Risque.

I love how beautiful the colors are, and they are very pigmented. BUT. They slide around and wipe off too easily. I have to reapply with these far more often than I do with other lipsticks. I would repurchase just because I've never seen these colors anywhere else, but I don't wear them as often as I'd like to because of the whole constant reapplying thing.

I bought three of these a few months back, and I LOVE lipsticks in wacky colors.

Immortal- It's a very pretty bluish purple that's surprisingly flattering and applies the easiest out of the colors I bought. I recommend it if you want a more wacky spin on a purple lipstick.

Risque- This is a very metallic emerald green color that applies very well for a wacky color. It's very beautiful and perfect if you love green.

Scandalous- I love the teal color of this lipstick, but it's not as easy to get opaque color like the other two I bought.

I do like these lipsticks, but like other Nyx lipsticks, I can't really use lip balm underneath it. It makes the lipstick look more streaky on my lips. I also wish the packaging was more sturdy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought two shade, Risque and Sinful.

Risque is the most beautiful, metallic emerald green I have ever encountered outside of online indie shops, and I'm not entirely sure I'll ever see a colour that applies as well to the lips as this one does again. It glides on beautifully, and the pigmentation is amazing. You might need to go over it a couple of times, but the resulting colour is worth it. It does, of course, wear down to a rather unattractive greyish colour, but if you're daring enough to go out with this then you should be prepared to reapply during the day to keep on looking as fabulous as you did when you first walked out the door!

Sinful is a darkish blue that is slightly on the greyer side. I was originally tossing up between this and Envy, but chose this as Envy appeared to be a more purple electric sort of blue, while this was more understated and sophisticated-looking. I find this one to be a little more dry than Risque, and it takes a few more passes before it looks good, but the end result is exactly what I want it to be. This also wears down rather unattractively, but again, reapplication is only to be expected when wearing these shades of lipstick.

The packaging is better than a lot of lipsticks I've tried, but I have noticed that the caps are a little loose from the main packaging and rattle around a bit when shaken, so I probably wouldn't let this fly around in your purse; put it in a separate makeup bag or something just to minimise all chances of mishaps.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

(I wasn't done with my review and accidentally posted it!) I love the way they feel on my lips. Very creamy, yet extremely pigmented! They last for about a couple hours, then I get the dreaded "lipliner" look and have to fill in where the lipstick wore off (curse these dry lips). They only get a four out of five for not being long lasting. These would be perfect for cosplaying, and I'm considering using Risqué for a Kanaya Maryam cosplay (proud Homestuck trash). I would love to own every single one of these neat little lippies, and I continue to keep an eye out for them!

i bought risque and envy and so far i really love these it suits me perfectly. I will say that the envy really needs a lip liner since it does apply patchy and you can see your lips underneath it no matter how many layers you apply. But risque is really opaque you dont need an lip liner for it. These lippies are pretty hydrating and has a 5 hr wear.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Honestly, I'm not crazy about the more "out-there" lipstick colors. Maybe I'm just boring, but something about blue or green lips is extremely unappealing to me, except maybe at Halloween or a party. They look okay on other people, but I feel like they look bad on me. So at first I didn't think I was going to buy these, since most of them are along those color lines.

Then, one day, I wandered in to Ulta while I was waiting to go to an appointment in the office next door, and saw they were selling these colors. I admit it, I was curious, and the Ulta actually had testers out for these. I tried out Power and Wrath- a sort of pinkish metallic color, and a coppery brown-red, respectively. I liked the finish and colors of them, so I bought them. I actually quite like them, they're unique without being too over-the-top.

So why three stars?

The packaging is the absolute worst out of any product I've ever had, and that's saying something. NYX products often feel a little cheap to me, but I don't usually feel like they're going to crumble to dust just by looking at it wrong. I had Power for all of two days before I took it out of my handbag only to discover that the cap had broken and the lipstick part had fallen out of the case and got completely smushed. It was unsalvageable (and managed to ruin my wallet and coat my phone in lipstick), so I had to throw it out. When I went back to Ulta to buy a new one, they were completely sold out. While it wasn't that expensive, it's the principle of the thing, really. I don't care if I spent $6 or $600, my stuff shouldn't be that easily destroyed.

Wrath does seem to be holding up better, but I also haven't put it in my handbag or backpack, for fear of the same thing happening.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was very excited when this line of lip sticks was released. I love that NYX is making unconventional colors that are inexpensive and easy to obtain. I love purple so the 2 purples were the first 2 I bought. Betrayal is a very deep dark purple and Immortal is more of a mid-dark blue toned purple. They both apply fairly well but Betrayal is a bit patchy and has so much slip it moves around a lot. I used a purple UD eyeliner (I think I used Empire or Voodoo) to line my lips and it helped a ton with the feathering and bleeding. My main complaint with Betrayal is that it contains silver glitters. Even with the liner I still found several glitters outside my lips. So between the glitter, patchy application, and bleeding/feathering issues Betrayal is not a color I would purchase again. But I am happy to say Immortal is much better. It has a metallic finish but no actual chunks of glitter. It applies more evenly and while it still has a lot of slip, it stays put much better than Betrayal. Both shades require frequent touch ups, and they both tend to be a bit high maintenance. Matching liners would be great for this range! I will probably buy a few more shades since they are affordable and the quality is decent for the price.

I LOVE avant-garde colors, so when I saw these in ULTA, I got so excited. I only had enough money for one at the time, so I had to choose between the mermaidy-teal color, the silvery white one, and the gold one- I ended up picking Mischeivous, the bright gold one, and I adore it! It goes on pretty smoothly and it is actually very opaque- it makes it look as though your lips were gilded entirely in 24k gold. I wear this when I'm wanting a power boost, because I feel like a greek goddess in this. 10/10 would reccomend. I'm pretty sure these are limited edition, so I'll be super disappointed when they take them away.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought three of these, Power, Cold Hearted and Betrayal. I have to review these separately since they are different.

I reaaallly wanted Betrayal since it's so purple and I just had to have a purple lipstick that was vampy but not so dark that you couldn't tell it was purple (I already got one of those lol). So color wise I like it a lot but it is a glittery shade, not a metallic. I wonder if the Immortal would have been the true mid purple metallic, but it looked so blue in photos (as blue purple often does) so I didn't get it. :\ Also now that I have Betrayal idk if I'd bother to get Immortal too, and it could be a glitter shade as well. So oh well. As for formula, it's much different than the other two I bought, which are metallics. This one is more moist and at times there can be slight pachyness but overall it's very slidey and covers ok. I worried about it smearing, that kind of feel. And I'm really not a fan of the glitter... But worst of all, it bleeds SO BADLY!! I sort of became a lipstick junkie over the years and this is by far one of the worst offenders. I really hate that. I try to"fix it" with primers etc if I remember but even drugstore lipsticks are often better quality. There's no excuse for that anymore, plus it's such a huge pain to have to work extra just to make a lipstick wear passibly.

Power I freaking love, it's such an awesome color. This and Cold Hearted are metallic and it's such an awesome finish. They really don't budge. It's a little drier/matte feeling, but I can move my lips around but much less slide than Betrayal. Cold Hearted appears more patchy because it's gunmetal so you can see some lip through it, while power is so close to lip color. So you have to work on that one a little more, but it's still nice. I can't comment on the longevity of the Cold Hearted yet since I only wore that for a little to try it, but power lasted for me suprizingly well without touching up.

I like these, but I would stick to the specifically metallic finish ones.