Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

3.9

on 1/11/2017 6:35:00 AM

to be honest, the product is not nearly as good as some cheaper alternatives. it is never smooth and easy to use, the pigmentation is great but the product dries up really quickly.

When it comes to my eyebrows, I'm quite a minimalist, and doing the whole carving out the brow + using more than two products + setting it all with gel is just too much...I always felt I should avoid this product because it usually seemed like such a hassle, but it depends on your technique. You can get a really intense "Instagram" brow with this as most of us know but it is possible to get a really natural brow look as well.

My brows are thick, but they have a skinny shape, if that makes sense. They're a bit uneven, and until now I preferred using brow powder to fill them in, but with my oily skin combined with the natural oils of my hair resting around the sides of my face, the tails of my brows would always disappear, and it sucked. The Dipbrow Pomade is bulletproof, lasts all day, and does not come off under any circumstances without makeup remover, which I adore.

As I was saying earlier, it is possible to achieve a natural look with this product, so don't be intimidated by how pigmented it is. Just use a very thin angled eyeliner brush (I use the Sonia Kashuk one) and do light strokes, avoiding filling in the gaps between hairs completely. I'm very pleased with finally making this purchase after procrastinating on it for so long.

Love love love this stuff. If you use it with a light hand it will last you forever and ever and ever and even if you don't it will still last you quite awhile. I like the color selection especially since they added "Granite" which is a cool toned almost black shade, I walked away from it for awhile because I was trying other brow products and when I ran out of those I came back and was so sorry I left. The day I came back was the best my brows had looked it months. One complaint is the packaging, I feel that the jar is unnecessarily thick (weird complaint I know) as well as glass (which is bad for me personally because I drop everything). Additionally I feel like it doesn't keep enough moisture in because occasionally I have to re hydrate the product either with and oil or with eye drops. I don't find it to be waterproof or smudge proof though, let that be known. After many many (let's say like 12-15) I start to see the edges wearing a little bit but I have found two ways to alleviate this problem: Outline with a brow pencil (ABH Brow Wiz in my case) or use a layer of ABH Beauty Genius (but that's a whole other can of worms y'all).

All in all a great product that will have your brows looking fantastic. Best in the market IMO.

I opened this product at Ulta and you know what it smelled like? Poop! Disgusting. Whatever ingredient they are using in this is foul!

on 5/28/2015 10:21:00 PM

This is first color I bought and I was very impressed with the staying power. It also works really well as an eyeliner.

This one is very creamy unlike the Soft Brown (defective) one I got months later.

I have noticed that it does come off patchy if I touch it too much throughout the day so I only use it as an eyeliner every now and then.

on 4/29/2015 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I did like this product but I think you could use a normal brown gel eyeliner and have the same outcome. Which I did! I purchased the Rimmel gel eyeliner in brown and got the exact same results so, I don't think it's worth the money or the hype.

My go-to brow product! I was shy to try this at first because I'd been so accustomed to filling in my brows with powder. But it was cake! Easy to manipulate, stays all day, and can be used for light filling in or to create a bold, sculpted brow. I was quite pleased with the price as well, granted I work at Beauty Brands and got a small discount but I would have gladly paid the full $18. I definitely see myself repurchasing in the future.

on 9/3/2014 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Alas Mama Time has lightened and lessened the density of my once thick brows. That and years of plucking. But this amazing pomade used with a stiff eyebrow brush has restored my brows strong glory! A teeny dab brushed deeply onto the brow lasts forever! Till you wash it off. Amazing product and a jar will last me a lifetime it's so concentrated.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this product!
I am naturally blonde so my eyebrows are practically see through, so I have always tinted and filled in my brows but have never found anything that gave me that perfect brow look I so wanted. I ordered dipbrow off netaporter and I was so amazed how little amount of product is needed to do both my brows, and the glass jar is wonderful.
Even though this jar will last an amazingly long time, I am going to buy a backup or two just in case it discontinues because it is my HG!

I have dark brown hair and eyebrows to match, so I thought if I bought this stuff a shade lighter than my hair it would be perfect. For some reason though, this stuff seemed WAY too dark and pigmented for my brows- I had to use a very VERY light hand with it, and even then my brows kind of looked clownish. I bought another one of these in taupe, which is pretty far from my actual color, and that worked a little better. I'm not sure why this is the case, as usually the Anastasia chocolate/dark brown colors work for me, but this did not. All I would say, try to test out the shade you're buying beforehand, because while I *do* like this product, I don't like the shade that should work for me.

UPDATE: After working at a makeup store for 3 months, I've learned that the issues I had with Dipbrow seem to be pretty universal. The formula is such that most women should actually get a shade or two lighter than the one they think they need, and still use a very, very light hand. I guess maybe if you were doing some serious eyebrow drawing, as opposed to filling them in a little, you might want a shade closer to your true shade. But for most people, I would suggest trying to go lighter. Dipbrow is great product for someone who does a very exaggerated brow or who has extremely sparse brows, OR who wants something that's gonna be more long wearing than pencil or liquid formulas. However, if you're just doing a little shaping/filling or you already have thick brows, I don't know that this is necessary. That said, I haven't tried the "mashing a bit on the lid" trick that others have mentioned, and it sounds like that might help to soften the application a bit.