Revlon Super Lustrous Shine - Berry Couture

Revlon Super Lustrous Shine - Berry Couture

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a new love for me - it is a beautiful, shinny berry-type of shade which isn't conservative (read: boring) and is therefore fresher, contemporary and modern. The shine to it makes it have a luxurious feel to it and more fun to wear than a usual matte type.

The berry tone brightens my complexion and makes the green specks in my eyes stand-out beautifully. I can image this looking beautiful on women with dark hair and eyes who have a natural pink lip where this will lipstick "pop" even more.This just pops on my skin so much - I am a pale blonde (natural) with fair skin and Hazel/Bright Green eyes.

This is a type of shade which I wear more on cooler days when I love all those berry tones even more but it is suited to summer as well. It is a not "in your face" type of shade which screams for attention like a few other shades that I own. Although, you can apply it over the top of MAC Rebel for depth! LOVE it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to try a color in the violet family without reading too purple or dark. Something easy for my very fair neutral/warm skin tone. This is a beautiful color that isn't too bright or shocking but definitely on the violet-pink side. I like the sheer but buildable formula and it feels moisturizing. I like that it is not matte (I haven't come on board with matte lipsticks because they always seem to dry my lips out!) but because it has a shiny finish, it doesn't last that long on lips. It's okay, I don't mind reapplying it. Great lipsticks. I own 5 shades from the Super Lustrous line. I haven't been disappointed yet! Love it!

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/14/2015 5:09:00 AM

Someone says this is a good dupe for MAC Plumful and i was looking for a sheer plum shade. So i got this. Honestly, i dunno why Revlon calls it "Berry" when its actually looks plum. Its not too purple-ly. It makes me look washed out. There`s another downside, the lasting power. Wears off fast. On its own the color is flat, so i add clear gloss. Then, the color pops but then it fades soon enough. I have to keep reapplying thru out the day or mix with another lipstick. The only reason i got this was cos its a dupe for mac plumful. But the QUALITY IS SOO BAD!!

I`m donating this! Wasted my money!

on 7/19/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful soft purple shade. I used it all up strictly by wearing it to the office. It glides on smoothly but major downfall is that it doesn't last very long so you have to reapply really often throughout the day. Ain't nobody got time for that! Really won't want to repurchase because of the poor lasting power but it really was easy to apply and a great shade that complimented my NC30-35 complexion.

on 11/2/2014 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very close dupe to Revlon's Berry Haute but its a tad darker. It's barely noticeable though. I love them both. This is shiny though and Haute is creamy. They both feel the same on the lips and have that pretty berry shade that is more pink toned and gorgeous. One of those lipsticks that everyone will love.

I absolutely love this lipstick. The color is a beautiful berry pink that's works nicely with my light-medium toned skin. I love the packaging, I think it looks very classy and sleek and the price is decent too. I love the pop of color that this lipstick gives me, and the color payoff is quite impressive. I will definitely be repurchasing this lipstick, and some more shades as well, I have pink cognito and berry couture currently.

on 10/6/2014 10:05:00 AM

I feel this is a good dupe for MAC Plumful. The color is very close with Plumful being just a tad bit warmer than this. The shine formula is very similar to MAC's luster formula too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Berry Couture is my second Super Lustrous Shine lipstick, following Rich Girl Red (listed here without the 'Shine' label ( http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=165476/Super-Lustrous---Rich-Girl-Red/Revlon/Lipstick )
so I will pull in bits of my Rich Girl Red review to comment on the formula, which I find similar between the two colors.

Berry Couture is a lighter pink/berry tone with a mostly clear (rather than white) base, so it will show up differently against different skin tones and on differently pigmented lips. My lips aren't very pigmented and have a cool, mauve tone to them, so the cool purple-y aspect of Berry Couture is increased on me, and it reads as flattering pinky-lilac shade. On my lips it's most attractive worn as it was designed to be - a *sheer* color. The formula is build-able, but Berry Couture is fairly hideous on me if I slap on several coats. Ironically, the built-up version looks great in the yellow light of my bathroom, but I had a moment of horror upon seeing myself in natural light via my car's visor-mirror: cue frantic wiping-off of lipstick! And so this is why I say it has a *mostly* clear base - if you build the formula up, it takes on more white-base opacity. On me, this wasn't attractive, but obviously YMMV!

On the other hand, the exact qualities that make Berry Couture a bit of a horror when built up on my lips actually make it quite a lovely pink berry blush on my cheeks, so it's been a happy inhabitant of my everyday jumbo tote, graced to rub shoulders with the likes of my mobile phone and the novel of the moment - everyone likes a two-in-one!

I'm a fan of the classic Super Lustrous (cream) formula for longevity, a nice level of slipery-ness vs stay-put-ish-ness, and being startlingly kind to my chronically dry, unhappy lips, especially for a fully-pigmented drugstore lipstick. (i.e. if I start out with my lips in a good state, I can wear a SL for the day without it looking and feeling like a dry, chapped, peeling mess. They'll still be a bit worse for the wear in the evening, with increased visibility of lip lines, but not destroyed.) With regular (light!) re-application, Berry Couture is about the same to my lips as the SL cream formula. SL Shine has a nice balm-y slip (more-so than the classic formula) at the time of application, without feeling like it's going to slip 'n slide all over my face. At first application, Berry Couture feels moisturizing, but on me that feeling fades within about 15min to a half-hour. After that, it simply feels not-too-drying. Over time, my lips will feel more dehydrated, and I'll see more lip lines, and this will cue me to touch up, or dive for a balm depending on levels of dehydration. Mirroring this progression, at first application the formula looks more moist/balm-y on my lips, but settles down to a natural lip texture - not glossy but certainly not matte.

I'd say lasting power is about average for the opacity - longer if I'm just sitting there, shorter if I'm talking, eating, drinking, or keep rubbing my lips together. Berry Couture is sheer enough for mirror-free touch-ups, which for me is always a bonus in an everyday shade. If you re-apply throughout the day, the pigmentation will increase somewhat as you go - but not to the heights of WTF weird purple corpse mouth I saw when I applied it to full intensity.

In keeping with my opinion of Rich Girl Red, I find Berry Couture nice for the price, but I still prefer my first SL Shine accquisition just because of the color. Personally I *don't* like the Revlon Lip Butter formula - I don't find it moisturizing AND it gives me lip-line break-outs (*shudder*). So I'm not interested in making direct comparisions between these formulas, especially since I know the Butters are so popular. Like Rich Girl Red, Berry Couture is shimmer free, in case you're wondering.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i bought this as a dupe for a purple look i've been craving. i don't love it because the formula is to wet/shiny for me. i like a more matte look.(i guess i should have payed attention to the "super lustrous" and "shine" on the label") also it's not as pigmented as i was hoping. but i guess it's good for a budget. next time i will buy my MAC. it's def worth the extra bucks to me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ignored this line until someone mentioned this shade to me. It is not a dull color for fair skin at all, and comes off as a sheer purple with a pink tone. Gorgeous on certain people. I think it's pretty with light skin and dark hair. It contrasts lovely with green or hazel eyes and a berry blush. If you use a lip liner and fill in, you can get hours of more wear time.