Lime Crime Velvetines

Lime Crime Velvetines

3.6

on 9/19/2017 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The OG matte liquid lipstick is the best for a reason. I've tried a lot of other "dupes" or brands of the Velvetines, but nothing else comes close. It lasts all day through everything, it's super lightweight, it doesn't dry my lips out, and the shade range is awesome.

on 9/11/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Dream Girl. I have not experienced the problems that other reviewers have.
I take good care of my lips. I found a perfect lip balm made by a Greek company, and I use it every morning and night. I also exfoliate my lips. I don't know if these make a difference or not. But I don't have cracking or flaking issues.

Dream Girl is a vampy, dark plum, similar to a light coat or two of Revlon's Black Cherry. I love it. When I apply Lime Crime, I don't layer it or apply it thick. With this shade it's not necessary. I put a dot on my finger tip, then apply to my lips. I keep doing this until my lips have an even, but not heavy, coat. I'll apply the tiniest bit of lanolin over it, which gives it a moister effect. The lanolin doesn't dissolve the coverage like other lip balms. I don't know why that is?
Wear time before it starts to fade is maybe 4 hours. That's good enough for me. I like the wet formula, the smell, and the small form factor of the packaging.
I only wear dark lip color, and I love finding a stain that is truly deep. I like that I can layer it. One light layer is perfect for a daily MLBB look. A thicker application is great for the evening.

I will repurchase Dream Girl.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you were ask me on 2014 I probably said this is one of the best liquid lipstick in the market (aside from the horrible customer service and the scam stuff back in the day on 2014). I purchase this through a trustable online reseller in my country. My favorite colors are riot, wicked, and red velvet. But for now, since there are lots of brand new liquid lipstick which launch like almost everytime (from drugstore brand, indie brand, to high end brand), I don't really consider this brand anymore. I mean girl, there are lots of game changing liquid lipstick out there (and this brand is pricy imo) and you can just find the dupe in other brands. But it's up to you to purchase this product or not. If it's risking your credit card data and stuff (I don't know for now, because I don't follow lime crime anymore, thumbs up if the customer service is better and payment methods is safe) I don't think it's worth it, just buy it offline or through a trustable reseller.

on 7/18/2017 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I loved lime crime matte velevtines (Cupid Petal Pink). I just recently bought it few weeks ago. Colors are beautiful and pigmented. Suitable for routine wear. They look great and work really well. One can also check the results of shade - Cupid Pink at this site:

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

these are my ABSOLUTE FAAAAAAVORITE lippies! they stay on so nicely, smell great, look gorgeous, and arent too drying. sometimes they have bad batches or shades, but i've only encountered one (bloodmoon) and i've bought 15+. they also work sooo well as eyeliners.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have 14 shades of these. I love the range of shades and my favourites are: Elle, Prairie and Sasha. I like the smell and colour payoff however the formula isn't great. They crumble and flake quickly but the colours are just so pretty.

I am a Lipsense addict but thought I might try out some other long-lasting lip products. I bought Blondie and the mini champagne/nudes trio. Blondie is a really pretty color and the smell is awesome. The nude trio are not quite as wonderful, color-wise, for me, and I probably won't end up using all of them. I notice the wear is not nearly as good as Lipsense or Jouer (my other favorite) and they do feel like they're more drying. For the price I wouldn't buy them again. 😔

Ok so I recently just bought a CRAP TON of the velvetines in the sale that limecrime had. These lipsticks are vibrant and the colors are sooo unique and beautiful. They apply so easily and look amazing... for the first 10 minutes. No matter how much balm you use beforehand, they immediately become chalky and crumbly. And when I say crumbly, I'm being literal. I wore a white shirt one day when I was wearing the velvetine shade Saint... looked down at one point to see little balls of something the same color as my lipstick... and it was my lipstick 😑These are the single most uncomfortable lipsticks I've ever used... and I've tried a lot of liquid lipstick brands. Not sure if the reason for the sale was some bad batches or something... my cousin has used limecrime velvetines for years and she swears up and down that any ones she's bought aren't like that and the ones she received in the sale aren't like that either, but I'm starting to think she's just blinded by the pretty packaging or something.
I really can't stress how disgusting these feel on my lips. Ive experimented quite a bit with different balms and chapsticks to apply beforehand and even tried them on bare lips. Nothing helps.
I wanted sooo badly to like these because the colors are SO FREAKING PRETTY, but sadly the formula is terrible.
Don't waste your money on lime crime. I suggest Meet Matte Hughes for liquid lipstick. It's by far the best liquid matte lipstick formula I've ever incountered.

on 6/27/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I have this lipstick in two shades Riot and Wicked. Both colors are beautiful and pigmented. However, I must say I am very disappointed with these lipsticks. They are overly priced to begin with. You can find better quality matt lipsticks in a much affordable price. Mine were 32$ each because I bought them internationally. The thing that absolutely turned me off is how drying they feel on my lips. No matter how much I apply lipbalm and exfoliate they look and feel HORRIBLE. If I actually want to wear them for the whole day I have to constantly 1. wipe them off 2. Apply a heavy coat of lipbalm 3. Reapply. Another downfall is how difficult it is to apply wicked ( the dark color) the applicator doesn't give a precise application at all. Finally, it is obvious that I wouldn't repurchase this product at all. If you want to waste your money and throw a product in your drawer, buy this lipstick.

on 6/26/2017 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It ships from the UK, so it takes awhile to get here. I got the color Wicked, and while it's a gorgeous shade, I have to really work to build the color so it goes on evenly.

Popular Lips Products