Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede - Socialite

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede - Socialite

2.6

on 4/2/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It was not pigmented at all and does not work.

on 8/6/2016 7:10:00 AM

i bought the shade socialite because it seemed a very good match for my lips as mlbb look. Yet the texture is so weird and it becomes horrific when you eat or drink something; it looks like you just applied a very horrid quality ancient lipstick! the colour is great though.. they should really change the formula. i am really dissappointed with this purchase that i made. won't buy it again, obviously.

on 2/17/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have never received more compliments on my lipstick than with this one.

on 7/13/2014 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Like other reviewers have said, this starts great and soon becomes terrible.
The couloir is gorgeous and I wish I could find a dupe. The texture though is awful: the lovely sheen soon turns matte and despite that it feels sticky. Does not look good as the color cracks but still stays put.
A great shame, it's my perfect pink.

on 7/13/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Horrible quality, there is not enough bad word to describe the bad quality of this lipstick, Very dry and chancky.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This shade is pretty. Its pink with a bit of mauve. It applies very smooth and creamy. But after settling it becomes dry and sticky. Yes dry and sticky. It will dry your lips out and when you touch them it will be sticky. I dont get it at all, but that's what happened. It starts out great but ends up weird as ever.

on 4/5/2014 5:04:00 AM

I bought this shade for a wedding, hoping that with the eating and drinking it would last! What I wasn't expecting was the chunks of waxy product to adhere to my teeth! Gross! It starts out well but heads downhill rapidly. It clumps and sticks in a very ugly fashion. Had to take it off and reapply as touch ups made it worse. Wouldn't recommend this lippy, gorgeous colour though. Shame.

on 10/16/2013 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read the reviews but, bought it anyway because my coupon combo at CVS reduced the price to $2.50. I actually really like the product. I put lip balm over it to counteract any drying and it really works well. Nothing stays on as long as they say it will but, this got me through a 90 minute interview and I was pleased.

on 8/11/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

REVLON COLORSTAY LIPSTICK
Colour: I have pale, yellow toned skin, dark brown hair and green eyes. I got this lipstick in "Finale" because I'd been looking for a daytimey red to add colour to my lips and go with outfits, without being an obviously bold red red, which I don't think I could pull off during the day. I'd tried a few other stains and lipsticks and this was finally EXACTLY what I wanted! Because I liked "Finale" so much, I went back and bought "Socialite", as I'd wanted a nice, subtle pink lipstick for a really long time and I hadn't found anything. "Socialite" is my perfect pink, I find it really flattering and it's exactly what I'd been looking for too.

Consistency: Nice and matte just how I like it.

Pros:
- First lipstick I have ever found that just STAYS PUT. You apply it. You lick your lips. It stays. Two hours pass. It stays. You eat lunch. It stays. FOUR MORE hours pass. IT STAYS. Now I don't want to exaggerate, it obviously does fade and doesn't look EXACTLY as it did when first applied after you put it through all that, but the fact that you can even
still tell I had lipstick on after all that is a first for me.
- Easy to apply and blend.
- Flattering colours.
- Matte consistency.
- Doesn't cake on my dry lips.

Cons:
- Because it's so matte, I do find it feels drying on my already dry lips, so even though I always apply Carmex before I put on lipstick, with this I feel like I need to put it on after too, over the lipstick. However I don't mind this because as I said above, it doesn't cake at all so it's really just a dry feeling as opposed to a dry appearance.
- Retails for around €11 in Boots, which I find pricey for high street lipstick.

Bottom Line: LOVE these lipsticks, perfect for daytime but I also wear them out at night - either layered under another for maximum durability, or alone if I want a more subtle lip. They're not the economical option but they're WORTH IT. Will definitely buy again and would recommend to anyone.

on 3/11/2013 2:45:00 AM

The lipstick is drying and somehow sticky at the same time. It wore off in a few places and i couldn't wipe the rest off. Won't buy from this range again unfortunately.