MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam Nicki II

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam Nicki II
Viva Glam Nicki IIViva Glam Nicki II

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lipstick unfortunately looks uber cute in its tube, but very pale on the lips.
I don't mind spending my money on it, because in the end it all goes for a good cause fighting AIDS. Yet I have to make it work in order for it to look decent.

If I just leave it on its own - I end up looking like a clown. Yet with a deeper gloss or other lipstick on top of it, it actually might work!

If you already bought yours and don't know how to use it or what makeup to pair with it, I have read this blog post here which gave me some good ideas. Hope it helps!

on 2/13/2013 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Many people seem quite put off by the light lavender-pink lipstick that is Viva Glam Nicki II.
However what should be considered is all the possibilities/ways to use this shade. Use a darker lip liner (MAC night moth) to create an ombré effect, sheer it out by sparsely applying it to your lips and blending or even apply it in the middle of your lips on top of another darker shade to create dimension. Experiment and have fun.
Also, spring/summer is coming soon, so why not have a little fun and try something new! If you are comfortable and happy with a bold lip then forget if others dislike it or think it doesn't go with your skin type/color.
As for the shade, it is a light lavender pink with an amplified finish. It is creamy and applies well (second coat is lovely) and has a great lasting power! It can get cakey so make sure to blot or remove some color and slowly build layers.
Personally for my fair, cool skin tone I use NYX lip liner in Flower (I like similar lipliners to lipsticks) and build Nicki II on top for the perfect lavender pink pout!