Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture - Rouge Pourpre #2

No Image

1 review

on 8/21/2012 2:57:00 PM

So i've been on the hunt for a nice vampy red/purple kinda lipstick. After some researching I decided to take a chance and placed an order for this even though I was worried it wasn't quite the shade I was looking for due to a lack of pictures. From a YSL ad I saw, this looked like what I wanted, but who knows with ad pictures. At any rate, at first I was disappointed b/c in the tube it looks like another red lipstick to add to my multitude of reds. I gave it a go hoping it would surprise me (which in the end it did). Upon a thin application I was still feeling unimpressed....while it does give a nice just bitten lip look, not quite what I was going for. I added a thicker layer and BAM! It was just the shade I was looking for. A gorgeous mix between a deep blood red with a hint of violet and brown. This is a very flattering take on the purple/red vampy lip look that's in vogue this season. I love the sweet candied floral sent to these l/s and find these to be decently moisturizing and they do also have SPF15 which is a nice bonus.

Popular Lipsticks