Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural N9 Copper Pink

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural N9 Copper Pink
Rouge Artist Natural N9 Copper PinkRouge Artist Natural N9 Copper PinkRouge Artist Natural N9 Copper Pink

4.3

I just wasn't that impressed with this lipstick. For this brand and this price, I expect a product that will last longer. It's gone after a cup of coffee. It has a nice texture - maybe a bit too much slip? - and it's a nice, neutral color, so those are pluses, but that doesn't matter if it doesn't last. I also don't care for the fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I, like many others, received this as part of Sephora's birthday gift a couple years ago, and I recently finished it. I really like this color - it's a MLBB that has some rosy-brown tones in it. For my NC30/35 skin, it is very flattering and makes me look put together without overdone. The formula is what makes me hesitate to buy a full size version of these lipsticks. While they are very light feeling, I felt like there were almost a little too slippery - not quite like a glossy lipstick - but slippery enough to make me feel like I had to reapply every hour. I tend to prefer lipsticks with longer wear these days. However, one advantage of this formula is that it wasn't drying on my lips. I'm glad I got to try out a mini version, but I have other lipstick formulas that I prefer.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This product is definitely a MLBB shade for my light-medium skin tone. I got to try this lipstick as a sample for the Sephora Birthday gift box and liked it so much that I bought the full sized lipstick. It is a mix of mauve and red and looks great. There is a scent but it's not overpowering. The product feels light on my lips and does not dry them out after hours of wearing it. My only complaints are that the product does transfer easily and does not stay on for more than 4 hours. Overall, I would buy this lipstick in this shade again and am upset that it is no longer sold in the US.

on 11/29/2016 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great neutral tone for my skin tone. It's almost the same as my natural lip colour, but definitely an enhanced version. It doesn't have the best lasting power, but it's still a great tone that I think would look good on most people.

It applies very easily and evenly. I enjoy the way it feels on, but it doesn't stay put all that well. A little bit pricey.. My biggest problem with this is the scent. It smells like some kind of perfume that I wouldn't wear and certainly don't want in my mouth. It taste like it too. If that kind of thing doesn't bother you, you may enjoy this. I do think this color could work for anyone as an everyday color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Call me naive, but I would assume a lipstick put out by a brand called Makeup Forever would have a bit more longitivity.
I have to agree with the bulk of the other posters that this shade is gorgeous and maybe the ultimate MLBB. "Coppery pink" is not how I would describe it but I understand creative license is usually taken with beauty products. I would call it a neutral-leaning-warm rosy brown pulling a bit more rosy. I love that it has no purple or berry undertones popping through and just looks eminently natural in terms of shade.
The consistency is both a blessing and a curse for me, because it goes on SO smooth, SO shiny, SO moisturizing it almost mimics a really rich gloss, but that same gorgeous smooth formula also makes it ridiculously short lasting.
It has no tackiness whatsoever and just seems to glide- it is really very unusual for a lipstick but when first applied it is stunning. It really does come off quickly though and leaves an "outline" on me telling me it's taken its curtain call. I feel obligated to give a 3 lippies rating because I do still wear this and acknowledge it is gorgeous freshly applied, but I have to leave it at that because of its noticeably thin and short lived consistency.
Now for a drugstore lipstick this would be negligible or at most annoying, but for a more expensive lipstick I just expect a bit more. I can accept spending more on a product if it's firing on all cylinders, but this fades a little too fast for me to justify repurchasing it, or to recommend it. If you want a beautiful lipstick and that's all- I give my blessing- but if you are a bit more discriminating in terms of long-range wear, I would say there are dupes out there waiting to be found that last a little longer.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I didn't have this lipstick for too long before it expired :( I got it in the sephora birthday gift and only used it for a few times before it expired. This is a very moisturizing lipstick and definitely does not highlight cracked lips! This colour is a very natural colour and made my lips look healthy! However, the pigmentation does not really build up for a more dramatic finish. That's okay though because this lipstick is supposed to be a natural finish and I just love how healthy I look with this lipstick. PERFECT everyday colour that doesn't dry out lips!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

MLBB - the color absolutely wonderful glowy, dewy not shiny. I would never have guessed that the name Copper Pink (which ordinarily would send me walking in the opposite direction) is actually a beautiful natural neutral-to-warm shade - no glitter, no metallics- just perfect pout. Lasts OK too. Moisturizing, does not dry out lips.
I have it in a cute little evening purse size from eBay, I can apply it in the dark, it is so natural, I don't need to worry about it.

on 3/19/2016 2:07:00 PM

My first sample of this was also from the Sephora Birthday bonus and I grabbed myself the same size when I saw it come up as a 100 point perk. The lipstick is a MLBB colour and it is truly the most forgiving lipstick I have ever tried. No matter how chapped my lips are this lipstick did not catch onto my patchy lips and always help moisturize. It fades naturally and I can reapply this easily without a mirror too. I wear this nearly everyday and am definitely ready to splurge and buy the full sized version of it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is THE best my-lips-but better-lipstick for me! It is the perfect natural, everyday color. Even though it is sheer, it can be build-able to a more intense color. BUT note that this is a soft shine lipstick, which means that it has a very smooth application and a slight sheen on the lips, so the wear time is quite short. The packaging is not the prettiest but it is a standard twist up. In terms of the price, this is on the pricey side because it is a high end brand but I think this color and its natural finish is so worth it. So nevertheIess, I will definitely continue to purchase this lipstick!