Daiso Eyebrow Coat

4.7

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Edited: I've noticed that this will prolong your eyebrow makeup only if the area has hairs which will help stick to it but if you have sparse brows and the tail of your eyebrows is almost nonexistent, expect that it will be easily rubbed off, ESPECIALLY, if you have oily skin. It's not smudgeproof nor waterproof so don't think that this will change your life. I've noticed that my eyebrow makeup lasts the whole day with use of this, but the tail has already faded a bit, and i think that's because i always accidentally touch my temples a lot which rubs off the makeup. I'll only give 3 ratings because it doesnt do what i really needed from an eyebrow coat, which is being a smudgeproof/waterproof, but i guess no such product has been made yet in my knowledge or available locally and budget-friendly. for the packaging it's very handy and i love that its applicator is a brush which will make it easy for you to apply on your eyebrows. I'd still be repurchasing this until i've found an eyebrow product that will make my eyebrows smudgeproof, but i dont really know because this seems to last forever i've been using this product everytime i apply my makeup and it didn't look like i've used it at all. and i don't really wear makeup everyday so maybe that's why. i think this can last your for more than five months if you don't wear makeup everyday.

on 1/25/2016 9:24:00 PM

This is a fantastic product for the price!

I have a ton of backup of this although I've actually stopped using it after discovering a better product - but that better product (Heavy Rotation eyebrow gel) is 12x more expensive than this! In my case I switched because my natural hair isn't quite dark enough to use just my usual eyebrow pencil (Integrate Gracy Automatic Eyebrow pencil in Gray), so the Heavy Rotation 03 Ash Brown is used to lighten and tint it slightly brown to match the natural brown/black of my hair.

HOWEVER if you don't need to tint your brows a slightly different shade than your eyebrow pencil/powder, then this is something you can use that'll work fantastic without eating into your budget!

This comes in a bottle similar to a mini sized nail polish - the liquid is clear and the brush is attached to the cap (again like nail polish). after doing your browns with powder or pencil, simply layer this on top and your eyebrows will stay the same ALL DAY. This thing works really amazing, it's kinda like shellac for your eyebrows. I don't know if you can literally go swimming in it or vigorously rub your eyebrows, but certainly it works great for both every day and heavy sweating/working out without any issues. As test I've gone without before and my eyebrows are like gone by half day - with this on, my eyebrows stays properly on my face like they should.

This thing is only $1.50 in the US (100 yen in japan, which is actually .75 to .80 cents after conversion, but there's always gonna be some markup in the US), which is an amazing budget find!

A single bottle actually lasts forever but I noticed that some of the powder does get onto the brush which then gets into the bottle/liquid. But because this thing is so cheap I usually toss it at about the halfway bottle point since I can tell the liquid is quite dirty. But even just half the bottle lasts forever with daily use, so again this is an amazing budget item!!!

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a MUST HAVE item for me. I can't believe I only started using this so late in my life lol. I have combination skin and it gets quite oil around my T-zone area by mid-day, which in turn affects my brows because a bit of the pencil/powder fades for sure. Sometimes even if I reach up to casually brush away my bangs, I swipe away a bit quite easily. I just need one swipe/coat of this per brow and it STAYS and it LOOKS NATURAL. It's even better when I travel to humid countries like Malaysia/SG. It's a miracle product I need to stock up heaps on. Ladies, please get this if you don't already use a brow gel product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love Daiso and am lucky to live in relative close proximity to a HUGE one located in Richmond, BC (I think I once read it's the largest in terms of size, but don't quote me on this).

Bored, I Googled blog posts detailing Daiso hauls and came across this product with links to the Japanese Daiso website showing that this has been the top-selling beauty product for what seems like forever.

I picked one up and brushed it over my eyebrows after completing my makeup and my eyebrows looked perfect all day! I usually have fading in some sparse spots but my brow game stayed strong ;) It feels like nothing on and is undetectable to the eye.

This is amazing. I can be running errands, sweating in a hot, humid Singapore, all my makeup will usually melt off except for my eyebrows. You know how eyebrows really frame your face, that you can have zero makeup on except for your brows, and you will still look put together. I just saw this recently in my daiso outlet and I bought all 20 of it. Good as gifts, amazing quality. Nothing comes close. I also don't break out from it. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS, GET THIS!!
This is a fantastic, bang-for-your-buck cosmetic item that makes your make up last all day!!!
After reading rave reviews on blogs, I went and got this for $2.80 at Daiso (I live in Sydney). Now I wish I had bought 3 more since it's become my HG eyebrow and lip finish!
I applied this product onto my brows after lightly filling in any sparse areas - brows lasted all day (10 hours +) and when I used my hand to rub back and forth on my brows, my brow hairs stayed in place and so did the pencil strokes.
I have also been having a problem with lipsticks - I like my lipsticks to be preferably long-lasting, but yet many lipsticks just aren't. This little gem, however, lets my lipstick last so incredibly well! I applied a beautiful moisturizing lipstick by Face of Australia, then dabbed a little bit of the eyebrow coat onto my lips with an eyeshadow brush. 7 hours later, and after several intense eating sessions, my lipstick was still on - no need to touch up at all!
A very good thing about the product is that it is pretty much fragrance-free (but it has a very light chemical smell) and thus it doesn't feel weird on your lips. I would also suggest that you do not touch your brows or lips whilst you are waiting for it to dry, since by allowing it dry, you are effectively putting a "waterproof, smudge proof" barrier between your make up and skin.

Anyway, this is a fabulous product, I will continue to buy more once I run out, and I hope that Daiso will never discontinue this! Love love love love.

EDIT (October 2015): Still my holy grail eyebrow setter/gel. I've used 8-10 bottles of this and will continue to repurchase this as long as they continue to make this. I no longer apply this on my lips as a lipstick coat because it is drying and I prefer moisturising lip products.

I absolutely LOVE this product. It's basically an eyebrow coat/sealant which you brush over your brows to seal your eyebrow color. It also keeps brows groomed. I discovered that it can also be used to seal mascara and eyeliner ... no more racoon eyes!!! I have really oily lids. Mascara (even the smudgeproof and waterproof ones) barely last 2 hours leaving me looking like a panda at the zoo. I discovered that you can use this product to coat mascara and eyeliner and make them virtually budge-proof even in the most humid weather. It has become my make-up MUST. It's packaged in a small glass bottle - pretty much like nail polish. I use the tiny brush to coat a spoolie (for my mascara and eyebrows) or a small angled brush (for my eyeliner). The best part of all this is the price - Philippine Pesos 85 (around US$2). It's available in Daiso Saizen stores (Japanese dollar store chain).