4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

PURPLE LIPSTICK at its finest ladies and gentlemen!!! Matte & lasts forever. True purple/may lean warm but looks great on my pinky skin.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

from

a year ago

A daring and lovely weird color. This is not for everyone, but for purple lovers it is a must have. Even though it is purple, it is kind of a neutral purple? Really, I can see some warm undertones on it even though it is a blue based color, kind of lavender, so I think it works on pretty much everyone: From light to dark skin, cool and warm skintone. Not an everyday color, it does make a strong statement.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

My favourite lipstick shade EVER! I use this with the matching lip pencil and it’s a strong, bold but very wearable purple shade. It’s long lasting but can get dry on the lips as it’s in a matte finish. I feel like myself when I wear this and the shade will suit a lot of skin tones too. I had a drugstore dupe of Heroine but that didn’t compare to the real thing and it soon got decluttered when I brought Heroine. Heroine will always have a special place in my makeup collection ????

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Obsessed. First purple lipstick. Blind buy based on reviews. When I first opened it, it was pretty scary looking. Waited a few days to try it and was put off by it. I just wasn’t use to it. I’m a nude lipstick girl so I was definitely out of my comfort zone. Waited a few more days, and tried it again. It’s love! I can’t get enough of it. Surprisingly wearable and perfect for fall/winter. Edgy but girly and very different from all the other nudes, pinks, and reds in my arsenal.

About reviewer (360 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

I absolutely love this lipstick. It is in the purple/plum colored family and reminds me of the color of a purplish orchid flower. It's beautiful on, but intimidatingly bright in the tube. Don't let the color in the tube fool you-it's highly wearable for a number of skin tones. I'm an NC30-NC35-with a medium beige undertone and it just adds a beautiful purple highlight to my face. Yes-it's bright, it's bold, it's not your typical nude or my lips but better nude/beige/pale peachy pink. I love those colors by the way for their wearability and practicality-but sometimes a girl needs to bring out the big guns and rock a bold lip color! I love the color red-but when I want a bright statement lip-I also use this color to add some edge to my look. It's purple, it's orchid, it's plum, it's beautiful. Try it and see.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Such a pretty and unique shade! It is creamy and smooth although it is matte and it certainly looks even more gorgeous on darker skin tones.It also looks so beautiful if you use it to stain your lips (or after you remove it,then again it leaves a nice flattering stain). Only issue I have is that in cold lights it makes my teeth look greyish-yellow.Maybe it is just my imagination but it really puts me off when I think about it.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

I just bought my 2nd Heroine and I have grown to love this shade. I admit it was a little scary at first because of the bold purple color, but it comes out a beautiful purple violet shade on me. It is a bit drying for me, same for all other matte lipsticks i've tried. But I use a prep or ordinary lip balm before applying and it usually helps a lot. The bold vibrant color pops beautifully!

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

3.0

3 years ago

When I first tried this lipstick I didn't like it. Originally I had purchased MAC Lipglass in Heroine, this is bright purple/magenta and really suited me. It brightened up my skin and face. So I got the matching lipstick. I was disappointed. It felt like the lipstick version was darker, slightly more dull, with less blue and magenta. I loved the colour of the lipstick when I saw it in the packaging, it was mysterious, purple, and really unique. Only it didn't quite bring my skin to life in the way I had hoped. Then, I tried it with the Heroine lipglass dabbed in the centre of the lip, and got a whole new colour! It had the depth, mystery and sultriness of Heroine lipstick, but with the magenta/blue tones brought out. I have grown to adore this lipstick. It's gorgeous. I wouldn't wear it on its own, as it just doesn't have that X-Factor for me and my skin tone when used alone. But a bit of the lipglass and it's this beautiful colour. So, if Heroine lipstick doesn't quite do it for you, I suggest you use it with the lipglass and you may end up with a perfect colour just as I did. Despite the beautiful colour, I took a lippie off because I can't figure out how to wear this without looking like Morticia from the Addams Family. I have long black hair and when I wear it down with this lipstick it looks gothic.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Cool

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 years ago

This is one of the prettiest lipsticks I own, and I got it for free because a friend didn't want it. It is a bit daunting at first wearing Heroine when you're not used to wearing a lot of brightly coloured make up! I usually wear this over a Catrice long lasting lip pencil (100) to help it to set in place and it also makes it look a little bit brighter. It is a little bit drying but it probably doesn't help that I have two matte lip products over the other, so it is not the fault of the product. This is a great colour for people who want to experiment with new colours as it isn't totally out there like a blue or black lipstick, but it is eye catching and different! I usually would never buy MAC products but this I could definitely buy again, if I was purchasing again I would probably buy the lip liner as I'm not a fan of lipsticks and find it easier to apply with lip liner.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

from

4 years ago

This is the most beautiful and flattering deep shade of purple. It looks scary in the tube but is surprisingly easy to wear. I think this lipstick would flatter so many skin tones. It is matte but creamy and not drying, and feels so comfortable to wear. My only problem with this lipstick is that is stains my lips and leaves a pinkish stain but it comes off if I wipe it with makeup remover or a moist tissue. Heroine is so worth the effort though. It just brightens up the face so beautifully!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24