NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

3.9

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 5/31/2018 6:55:00 AM

Got the shade Morocco. Was excited about the color, but it's not that pigmented, had to apply several coats. And the worst part it, it wears off super quickly. Have to re-apply every hour, even if i don't eat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a couple of shades of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cremes. I generally like these best for bolder lips because they are more comfortable than a liquid lip, but stay put better than a regular lipstick. They are a little drying on my lips and I like using a lip balm under.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I would give this 4.5/5 lippies if I could, this formula is the closest to perfect liquid lipstick I've ever tried!

I have 3 shades of Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams: Budapest, Copenhagen, and Moscow.
I'll include a general review common to the 3 shades I own, followed by particularities I experienced with different shades, as well as brief comparisons to other liquid lipsticks I own.

GENERAL REVIEW
Overall, the three of them wear very similarly. There is some noticeable fading at the inner rim after 3-4 hours if I wear them alone; however, I sometimes use a lip liner all over my lips as a base with a lot of my lipsticks b/c I try to maximize wear time (for reference, I wore with essence "satin mauve" lip liner). In conjunction with the lip liner, the wear time increases to about 7 hours on me, with almost no fading.
All shades lasted through normal eating and drinking. I noticed some transfer on my coffee cup, but little difference on my actual lips. However, I am often teased by friends/family for being a particularly dainty eater, since I tend to take small bites, so idk if that is a contributing factor.
The SMLC are very comfortable to wear. They did not dry out my lips at all (with or without lip liner). It feels like they're part of my lips and not just a weird membrane sitting on top. I felt slight dryness around the inner rim of my lips after about 6 hours of wear though. I did not notice any particular scent.

INDIVIDUAL SHADE REVIEWS
- "Budapest": pink/mauve on me. I have worn this one the most, both with and without lip liner. It performed pretty well without lip liner. I didn't notice significant fading. I wore it over lip liner one night and it lasted through eating and drinking, talking, and about 7.5 hours and I didn't need to touch up all night. A single coat gives me full coverage.
- "Copenhagen": This is a dark red with a purplish undertone on me. It is slightly patchier than the other two SMLC I have, so I apply two coats. I tried it once with lip liner and once without lip liner. Both times, unlike the other two, it had some more noticeable fading after eating. It was fine with drinking coffee though.
- "Moscow": Deep navy blue. I only wore this twice, both times with lip liner. It is a very bold colour and I needed an occasion to wear it. It lasted 6-7 hours before I touched up, and it did not bunch up at all when I applied the touch-up coat. Surprisingly, it didn't apply patchily at all, considering blue can be a tricky lipstick colour. I could get away with just one coat, but I prefer two to even out the colour, not taking any chances with something as bold as blue. Stains a bit more than the other two after removal, but a little scrub with warm water fixes that.

COMPARISONS
I like the SMLC a lot more than the Nyx Lip Lingerie. Both dry matte, but the LL has a dryer and more hard-core matte finish than the SMLC. Not that SMLC isn't matte, it truly is matte, it's just not a "flat" matte, if that makes sense? Anyways, SMLC overall lasted pretty well with food and drink, whereas LL had very noticeable fading for me after eating.
I think the finish of the SMLC is more comparable to the Too Faced Melted liquid lipsticks or the Maybelline Color Jolts.

on 11/8/2017 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff burns my lips :( I guess because of the vanilla scent, but so far I haven't been able to use any liquid lipsticks or lip stains without a reaction. I used Stockholm and while the color is gorgeous, it dried my lips out and didn't stay looking even on me. It seems to work for some though, so maybe it's my sensitivity. I think I'll stick with semi-matte/classic solid lipsticks or moisturizing tinted lip balms. I'd rather my lips look soft and have to reapply my color.

on 4/13/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got the shade Stockholm. It's a really nice nude colour on my lips, lasts a decent amount of time. I do have to reapply after eating but that doesn't really bother me since it's so nude anyway. However, it does dry my lips a bit but it isn't too uncomfortable. I would like to try other nude-y colours in the future!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

The pink and nude shades are great. They look good and they are a good bargain. They run out fast but thats reasonable according to the price. The packaging is cute and you can take them everywhere with you. Darker shades are a disappointment after an hour without replying. Once i wore SMLC21 Transylvania out and i just had to reapply it over and over again. I got comments on it but for me it wasnt really worth it. I used a primer, lip lined my entire lips and put some translucent powder on it. But again I would wear it on photos because the colour is really gorgeous.

on 10/23/2016 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got these in San Paolo and Milan and was totally hooked. Jumped onto the NYX lip cream bandwagon immediately. What's there not to love? The colours are vivid and it's dirt cheap. But what really sold me was the formula - it glides on like silk and while I love bright colours (they brighten my NC25 complexion), I was always hesitant to wear them because they tend to transfer onto my teeth. Not with these lip creams - no worry about transfers and I don't even feel I'm wearing anything, that's how comfortable they are. Most brilliant lip invention this millennium!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Ok, I was severely disappointed with these.
Pros:
- scent
- naming (makes you feel like Indiana Jones, but in makeup :))

Cons:
- extremely patchy
- very drying, with or without lipbalm and exfoliation
- lasting power is so small it is ridiculous
- does not layer well on top of itself
- takes too long to dry
- gathers and budges on the inside of the lips if applied more than a tiny amount
- fades ugly

And I guess your question: maybe it was a bad one or maybe it was a fake one? Nope, double-checked, original and fresh. I had this in Prague, Monte Carlo, and Milan, and literally all of them had these issues. Especially Monte Carlo, which had watery consistency and took about 30min to dry... Who has the time? Prague has the best formula, but then again wasn't good enough. Even lip liner does not save the day. I wouldn't recommend these at all and don't get the hype.

Love the NYX matte creams. Smells like vanilla cupcakes. They come in a huge range of colors. They last a long time. I have three right now-Stolkhom, Cannes and London and I plan on buying more. The price is great too!

on 5/29/2016 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have Stockholm and Zurich, and I love them so much! I don't know how other people use it or the amount they tend to put on their lips, but for me I just put a thin layer on and it will dry down by itself to a very matte finish. It's a very comfortable moussy texture and I can rub my lips together without it tugging. It does transfer when I drink from my mug but reapplying does not alter much the finish. I'm thinking to get Cannes, Antwerp and Monte Carlo soon. As a liquid lipstick these are so good, I love the rubbery texture and the solid colour of the tube to tell the colour from, and the price is definitely fair. For me these are on par with my Stila Stay All Day liquid lipstick and my KVD ELLs.