NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 7/29/2016 6:41:00 PM

I purchased this product in the shade Transylvania, incredibly excited that I'd found a dupe for higher end matte liquid lipsticks. I'm afraid I couldn't have been more wrong. It's incredibly streaky and patchy, doesn't at all dry down matte and feels like a silicone/greasy mess. It transfers onto my chin, and gets everywhere, it's just horrible. The colour isn't particularly impressive either and the scent is very chemical. It's just such a shame, and I would say maybe the lighter colours are better but I've seen swatches and you can tell it's the same formula. Try the Sleek Matte Me lip creams if you want a cheap matte liquid lipstick, far better.

I have two of these in the shades Stockholm and Istanbul. I love the formula of these as they are so creamy and pigmented. The only problem I have with these is staying power. It doesn't stay on for more than 2 hours!!! Unless you want to be reapplying this all day I would suggest spending a little more money on something else. They are pretty good though for the price, I would say these are very similar to the Australis velour lips but the Australis ones actually stay all day.

To Read all 435 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/24/2016 10:05:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in the color Milan, which is a bright raspberry pink color. This smells like a vanilla cupcake to me. The color is richly pigmented and matte. This does dry out my lips.

So far, I have three colors, Budapest, Istanbul, and Stockholm. Budapest is a beautiful wine color, Istanbul is a Barbie pink color, and Stockholm (which I don't like) is an orange/tan color. Here are the PROS: amazing smell, lots of colors, cheap price, not as drying as other matte liquid lipsticks, really are truly MATTE. Here are the CONS: I have found I need a lip liner (NYX has some good lip liners, I use Budapest with Currant), some colors (Stockholm) are patchy, they do transfer for the first 10-15 minutes, not the most long lasting but they do the job. Overall, I love them and wish to get more.

on 7/18/2016 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love all the smlc i've tried. awesome price, nice packaging, and very pigmented. cannes, amsterdam, and stockholm are my favorite my far. they last me months of daily use. smell super nice, sorta like vanilla. most of the ones i've tried have a nice applicator and don't go on streaky. they don't dry out my lips, but you definitely need to hydrate them before using!! so many colors to choose from for literally any occasion. :)

on 7/18/2016 11:02:00 AM

The only reason why i bought this product was because i have always been a kylie fan, and ever since it came out, i wanted kylie's lip kits.
I bought the shade "London" in target (its the dupe for exposed). it was pretty hard to find because in almost every target i went to, it was sold out, but the packaging was great. It's about as long as my middle ring finger, and the bottle looks pretty--its really good because it looks like it costs more than you actually paid for.
its something you can easily fit into a clutch or an evening bag.
when i first opened it, i wasn't expecting anything, but it had a strong scent. it was pretty sweet at first, but you'll get used to it (my younger sister who is 11 years old said it made her dizzy).
so, heres the thing, most of the time, i wear lip balm. i also exfoliate my lips once a month. as a result, my lips are smooth. it was kinda creamy when i first placed it on, but that was when it didn't set yet. once it finally settled, my lips dried up. it accentuated all my lip lines. it looks pretty normal from afar, but up close, in a mirror that zooms in, it looks REALLY wrinkly, and i must admit, i was pretty scared for a while.
the first time i opened it, i expected it to be liquid, so i turned the bottle upside down, but nothing spilled. it's literally a cream, and it stays at the bottom of the bottle. it's actually pretty convenient for when you're on the go/in a rush. the bottle may feel empty, but trust me, it's not. i bought two bottles, and i opened both since i thought one of them was really empty. it lasts long, too. i used it almost every day for a long time, and my first bottle isn't even finished yet.
the shade i got was really nice. its just a little more neutral than my natural lip shade, and it's perfect for a lazy day. the pigmentation is great, but when you apply it on your lips with a magnified mirror, you'll see that it doesn't apply creamily or smoothly. its streaky, but that's not noticeable (tip:before it sets, tap your lips lightly using your finger or rub in a circular motion).
it takes less than a minute to set, and when it does, it pretty much stays (except for when you wipe it away). when it sets, it's actually powdery.
it stays when you drink liquids without a straw (if you do it carefully). with food, not so much. only the outer options of your lips will be unaffected. you will definitely need to reapply after you eat (or you can just remove it before eating).
there's this tip for matte lip products in general: don't reapply (it makes it too drying). that really applies to this, and I'm not even exaggerating.

all in all, this product isn't that great, but it's a great replacement for kylie's lip kits (there are more colors, not justfor exposed), and it's at a great price, too.
just don't forget to moisturize your lips at night, before you sleep, when you're not using this product. i suggest you use aquaphor, and not things like chapstick, blistex, burt's bees, or anything with menthol because of this thing called lip balm "addiction" (it's completely unrelated, but people have to know).
there's this whole page dedicated to spread awareness about it.
www.lipbalmanonymous.com/
and there are some posts like these
www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/can-you-actually-become-addicted-to-chapstick
www.refinery29.com/lip-balm-addiction

i'll probably not be able to explain it as well as some experts, but this is the best i can do:
some lip balms contain ingredients that dry your lips out, so you'll end up applying more, and finishing tubes and pots of product. some of the after effects aren't only physical (irritation, swelling, etc.), but some are psychological like dependency on the lip balms (even if you know how bad it is for you). technically, aquaphor isn't a lip balm (even the one for lips, specifically), but its not bad for your lips (it's basically petroleum jelly and mineral oils), but covering your skin, especially lip skin will make your oil glands inactive, so once you're off the aquaphor (especially after doing it for more than a week consecutively), your lips will chap and lose its moisture since your oil glands won't be able to produce oils to keep your lips supple.

anyway, back to the product: it's great if you don't mind having dry lips when it's on. it's very affordable, even though it may leave a bad taste in your mouth, but i would definitely repurchase (i got the dupes for candy k and koko k a week after i got the this one)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have three of them: Antwerp, San Paolo, and Ibiza. The positive thing about these lip creams lines are the colors are so gorgeous and it is so pigmented, you just need to apply it once to get nice color payoff, it also glides smoothlyy. However, the formula is so drying, it settles on the lines of my lips and it crumbles on my lip, making my lips soooo flaky. It also transfer REALLY easily.

on 7/17/2016 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I have 3 of these in the shades Stockholm, Tokyo, and Addis Ababa and here's what I think.

Pros
-Gorgeous colors (my fave is Stockholm)
-Affordable
-Comfortable on the lips
-Smells sweet

Cons
-Is patchy and a little clumpy when applying
-Gives lips a crackled look
-Can be a tad bit drying
-Transfers

This lip cream lives up to its name- it has a mousse like consistency and is matte. I love the colors and it is comfortable on my lips. Applying it can be a pain though. It is hard to get an opaque layer or even use one layer because it goes on patchy and clumpy. It definitely has to be built up. Also, when I smile it gives my lips the crackled look. I do notice this the most with Addis Ababa not as much with the other two.

I can't say how long it lasts because I don't wear it for the whole day. I did eat with it on though. I ate a bag of popcorn and drank some water. It stayed on my lips but, came off a little in the middle. It did transfer to my straw and transfered to my hand each time I put popcorn in my mouth.

Overall, even though I like NYX I don't think I would repurchase this product.

on 7/17/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the color Cannes, a very nice vintage rosy mauve. The formula is really opaque on the first layer and it feels very confortable on the lips also. Even though I only have one color so far, I think the color range is also really good.

The only thing that disappointed me was the duration. Unlike Sephora liquid lipsticks for example, this will not last through a meal, and it fades in the center of the lips so you would need to reapply.

I bought the shade Prague thinking it would be a deep pink/purple, but it ended up being more of a bright pink. I still love it! it smells great and is so creamy going on ge lips. after a few minutes it completely dries and does not transfer at all. I wore it all day and even ate and drank with it on, and it stayed on nearly perfectly. at the end of the day I took it off with olive oil and it was pretty easy.

Popular Lips Products