NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 5/25/2017 7:14:00 AM

I have hemmed and hawwed about trying these for a few months. So I finally picked up Abu Dhabi at my local CVS. The color is nice, I would call it a browny nude color. Regarding the product itself, eh. I have been a lipgloss person for many years, while liking lipstick preferring gloss. Now while I still like gloss I find myself migrating back towards lipstick, and have been trying out some matte ones lately. I like the look of matte and also like the feel of not having anything or barely anything on the lips. I really have no interest in trying any liquid lipsticks though, I don't like the idea of applying a product and having to wait for it to dry, I can't be bothered with it.

Well, that is kind of what this product is and I should have listened to the reviews. The texture is nice, kind of moussy but it seems like it takes forever to fully dry and when it does I feel a cakeyness. Plus, it does seem drying to me and it's not long before I just want to wipe it off. I have tried with a lipbalm and that seems better but I am not over the moon with these. I am a huge fan of NYX other lip products (butter glosses and butter lipsticks). I thought or hoped these would be a matte lipstick type of product but it is a liquid lipstick type product which is just not my thing. I will pass this on to my niece who does dig liquid lipsticks.

I will give these three stars, and attribute my opinion to the fact that I am just not a liquid lipstick person. I will stick with the butter glosses and lipsticks.

on 5/14/2017 12:40:00 AM

I have the shade Budapest and it was my first NYX product. I like it, but personally prefer the Liquid Suede or lingerie over this.

on 5/13/2017 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought Prague & another color and while pretty enough and creamy they didn't have any staying power

on 4/28/2017 10:40:00 AM

It really has that matte effect,but isn't very long lasting. Also you need to apply few layers. But decent value for the price.

on 4/28/2017 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Amsterdam and Monte Carlo shades:

I wrote separate reviews for Amsterdam, an orange red, and Monte Carlo, a red with a fuschia undertone (Monte Carlo alone looks very pink on my skin). I apply a thin coat of Amsterdam, blot, then a thin coat of Monte Carlo for a true red that can be worn for evening. Amsterdam alone is more of a daytime look on my skin tone.
I am new to red lip color, but have enjoyed experimenting with NYX matte lip products. NYX matte lipstick called A Perfect Red also works, but, like Monte Carlo, skews abit fuschia red on me. If I apply sparingly and blot, these can last for 4+ hours and then fade evenly.

Berlin:

Ive had two tubes of this. It's thinner and more moussey with less coverage -- more like a stain -- than Amsterdam or Monte Carlo. This is a lovely warm toned medium brown on me. Dubai, which I do not have yet, is a cool brown. NYX matte lipstick called butter (a taupe) and Maison (a cool plum brown) also work. Edit: I picked up Dubai and have a slight preference for it over Berlin.

I am NC 30-35, olive skinned Asian with highly pigmented lips with a cool undertone.

on 4/25/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have these in Milan, Stockholm, London and instanbul. I love love love these!!!!! They look lovely and soft on the lips and patted into your lips with a little lip liner gives you that perfectly soft blotted lip look. Also I find them incredibly versatile and have been using them on my cheeks as a cream blusher. Because the texture is soft and moussey they look great on the cheeks and blend in really easy and seamlessly. They don't last that long but that's okay because they aren't meant to be liquid lipsticks. I really love the look, feel and texture to these products for an everyday wearable lip that is easy to achieve unlike a traditional lipstick or matte liquid lipstick. Worth a try and for the price you really have nothing to lose!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This lip cream is SO GOOD. I use it everyday, since it's really cheap and easy to put on. Honestly, this is much better than the liquid suede one or the lingerie liquid lipticks. The color selection is so wide, my all time favorites are London, Stockholm and Athens and they are the most flattering nude colors on me. It takes quite some time to dry, but once it does, it doesn't feel drying AT ALL. It's a very soft matte. The only problem I've had with this is that it's not long-wearing, so everytime I eat, I have to re-apply it again, but that's fine with me. Pigmentation is 10/10
Packaging is 10/10
Odor smells like my grandma's perfume (not in a bad way)
Longevity 6/10

I bought this lip cream in Sydney, a blue based true pink. It is a stunning color! It complements my fair and cool coloring so well. It is a matte shade, but not drying like some other matte lip colors, so I can wear it comfortably for hours. It passes the drink/straw test, but doesn't survive a meal, but that's not a big problem for me. I use this with NYX's lip pencil in Dolly Pink (a perfect match) and if I want a glossy finish I layer on NYX butter gloss in Merengue, a lovely shade of pink that borders on lilac. I can't wait to try other colors from this line! I recommend this shade to anyone with fair/cool coloring or anyone who loves a barbie pink lippie.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

There's a reason Kylie jenner has recently launched a new semi-matte lip line. 😏 These has got to be one of the most comfortable liquid matte gloss I've tried. It feels so creamy and smooth on lips. It boots out the cons of a typical matte lipstick drying and flaking out. Id say pigment is there but lasting power for me is 3-5 hours before reapplying. Which is fine, i don't ever feel the need to apply lip balm or base beforehand, I'll just exfoliate. It honestly feels as if the formula nourishes my lips as i wear it. Not bad.

on 4/13/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got the shade Stockholm. It's a really nice nude colour on my lips, lasts a decent amount of time. I do have to reapply after eating but that doesn't really bother me since it's so nude anyway. However, it does dry my lips a bit but it isn't too uncomfortable. I would like to try other nude-y colours in the future!

Popular Lips Products