NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 9/23/2016 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For reference: I am NC10/NC15 fair Korean.

I am so fond of these lip creams primarily because they are so comfortable to wear. Has a cupcake scent which I initially didn't like, but it grew on me. Better than a chemical scent!

I own Tokyo (pale baby pink), Buenos Aires (pale bright peach), Athens (light nude), and Stockholm (peach nude.)

First off, I found the best way to apply these is wipe off excess product against the tube to prevent globs of product on your lips that would just turn out to be a mess. Light, thin layers apply nicely with these lip cremes.

I know Stockholm is a HG for many ladies, but unfortunately it is the exact shade of my lip color so I gave it away. Athens on the other hand is similar in undertone, just a shade lighter so it compliments me better.
Tokyo is my current favorite baby pink, and Buenos Aires is my current nude peach. I do believe that these two are the least popular shades from the line, but it's probably because most people apply these full on. A light, layer with these two shades is perfect and opaque enough for the lips; subtle, lovely colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's one of my favorite lip products of all time. I own 6 shades: Tokyo, Stockholm, Antwerp, Morocco, Transylvania & Sao Paolo. The only one I don't like is Tokyo- it's patchy. Stockholm is definitely my favorite.
It's not super long lasting- staying power is similar to a "regular" lipstick. You can reapply the product easily and it won't get patchy. The shade range is amazing, the product is easy to use and you can throw it into your bag for touch ups. SMLCs are not drying, the finish is satin matte.
For the price, you cannot go wrong.

To Read all 454 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/19/2016 3:16:00 AM

I have lot of colors, and I love them all. Really easy to apply and it is great for everyday use. It is also affordable and is really good for its price. Also, it is not sticky on the lips. Very comfortable to wear! The thing is it doesn't lasts for hours like other pricey lippies, but for me this is one of the bests!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not really into these, I have Stockholm and Antwerp. Both shades are a lot different on my lips than they look in the packaging. Like completely different. Like other reviewers said they are not transfer proof and don't last a very long time. Good price and I like the scent. I would not repurchase just due to the shade differential.

on 9/16/2016 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(I would have given this at least one extra star if not for one problematic shade.)

In general, this is a good product - not terribly drying (as matte lipsticks go), good color selection, budget-friendly, and (with one exception) easy to work with.

These are the shades I own:

Seoul - My favorite. Kind of a purply fuchsia shade that works surprisingly well for me.

Budapest - a dark berry shade

Abu Dhabi - a nude shade

Havana - This bluish-purple shade is perfect for me and would probably be my favorite if it did not apply so inconsistently. It's a streaky mess when it goes on, and it takes an inordinate amount of time and effort to even out the color on my lips. This would have gone back to Ulta long ago if I didn't love the shade so much.

I tried two colors Stockholm and the red one. Easy to apply, color last long even after you eat. It gives a soft touch to my lips. I love them but wont repurchase as I dont look good with matt lips.

on 9/13/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I tried Milan and Athens. I was looking for a color that was more on the neutral side and didn't brighten up my lips too much but just added a touch of color. I got the opposite.

Milan looked like a gorgeous dusty rose in the bottle. What came out was a bright pink.

Athens looked like a very warm sand in the bottle. What came out was an orange-y peach.

I am going to see if I can return the Milan to Ulta, I'm not sure if they will take returns for opened lip products, and while it's not their fault that the lip colors are so different inside the bottle they do represent these products, so hopefully they will let me return or exchange.

I can probably adapt Athens somewhat with some of my other lip colors I already have, to make it less orange-y.

No no boo. Uh uh. I purchased Antwerp thinking it was a pretty mauve matte color. Hell no. It was bright hot pink. There is absolutely no packaging whatsoever, and it has such a small quantity. The only upside was the buttery application but other than that this product sucked.

I have this in Antwerp, Cannes, Copenhagen, and Monte Carlo. I love the finish, price, and staying power, but it does take a while to dry completely. Antwerp looks like a pinkish-coral color in the tube, but is very bright pink on me. Cannes is my favorite, it still shows pinker than in tube (probably something to do with my natural lip color) but it is a beautiful natural shade that looks great with subtle, and dramatic makeup. Copenhagen is gorgeous but I can't get it to go on evenly for the life of me! Monte Carlo is a nice red, but a little too bright for my taste. I can't wait to try more shades!

on 8/25/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product has to be one of the best lip products ever from the drugstore. The durability as well as the finish of this product is amazing. I have it in the colour Stockholm which is a coral nude and it's absolutely stunning! In my opinion, a little goes a long way. I like to make sure there isn't a lot of product on the wand before applying because that way it is less likely for it to transfer. I've eaten with it and had it on for hours and didn't need to reapply! But don't eat oily things with this product like any other liquid/matte lipsticks!