NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I possess several shades of these lipcreams and I love them. A great product for a very affordable price. I love the nude shades (Abu Dhabi, London, Athens, Cannes) and the darker shades Berlin and Copenhagen. They go on very creamy and light and don't dry out my lips. My only qualm is with one shade Transylvania which is the darkest shade (a super dark plum) which can go on a bit patchy but if you build it up carefully it looks great. These lipcreams are must-haves, mainly because they are so comfortable on the lips and they smell divine too.

on 2/28/2017 6:47:00 PM

I bought this in Milan and I love it! It's a nice pink colour on my lips. I wouldn't go with the swatches because everyone's got different natural lip colour. I would highly encourage trying the colours on your lips before purchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

These little babies are truly a drugstore gem! By far the best matte lip cream I've found, and so cheap! I usually get mine at Ulta buy 1 get 1 50 % off. They smell great, like vanilla cupcakes (very suttle, not too overpowering) and they are so easy to put on. The texture is like a mousse, and blends so well, doesn't cake up my lips, and comes off easily. Honestly, I have these in almost every color and wear them every day to work. I've gotten so many compliments, and I see why. These lip creams are simply amazing!

on 2/20/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product, personally. I purchased the colour Istanbul, which is a fun cool toned pink. Nyx is a cruelty free brand, however it is owned by Loreal who are not cruelty free. I personally choose to still support Nyx, but I know that being owned by a parent company that are not cruelty free is an issue for some people!

Where I currently live the only place to purchase Nyx products in person is at Shoppers Drug Mart. These lipsticks are $10.49 at Shoppers I believe, but I picked it up when it was on sale for $8.99. I believe that online, in the U.S., these are closer to $5 buuuut sadly I live in Canada!

I don't typically wear matte lip products. I prefer satin finishes or glossy finishes, as I just find them more comfortable. I do enjoy this product, though! I don't find it accentuates any lines in my lips or dries them out terribly, so it's not uncomfortable to wear.

I think the packaging on this is cute! It's a small bottle, when compared to most liquid lipsticks, but I like it better that way. The tube of the product is showing what colour the lipstick is and the top/lid of the product is a nice matte black. The applicator is a doe foot one, but it's got an angle on it to help apply the product easier.

I'm not a big fan of the scent. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I would've preferred the product to just be scent less, though. Once the product is applied I can't smell it, so it doesn't really matter in the long run.

I like the colour I purchased, but I do feel like the bottle makes it look like a more light pink. I feel like the true product is a darker pink, but it's a pretty colour! I'm excited to wear it more often now that we're getting back into spring. I think it just brightens up my look.

I feel like this might be more of a 4.5/5 product, or maybe 4/5 as it's not a true matte, I feel like. At least not in the way so many people are used too - on YouTube and beauty blogs I hear a lot about completely transfer proof matte lipsticks. This lipstick is *not* transfer proof. At least mines never been! It lasts longer and definitely transfers less than my creamy lipsticks, but if I drink water or kiss someone's cheek - lipstick is left behind. If you're looking for a transfer proof matte lipstick, then this isn't it. That isn't a deal breaker for me, because it doesn't suck the life out of my lips like transfer free products look like they generally do. For me, this is a 5/5 lip product, though!

worth my money! It is so lightweight that it feels like i am not wearing anything at all and it does last. It neither flake nor make my lips dry upon application. A really
happy buy!

It has this nice vanilla(?) kinda scent.

on 2/17/2017 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great colours and love the smooth "whipped-like" texture with a matte finish. Looks great when first applied to a clean bare lip, and lasts for hours. But because it's a matte finish it becomes very dry and flakey. It can be high maintenance as far as touch ups are concerned. As it can create cakey layers. It's better to just wipe offf the remainder and reapply to a clean lip. Tip: apply lip balm (I like Burts Bees) before applying lip cream. Also use NYX waterproof extreme color lip liners

on 2/16/2017 1:17:00 AM

Mousse texture. Not my fav

I own a few of these in the shade london, cannes, transylvania, san paulo and abu dhabi. And i've already repurchased abu dhabi and london. These are the first liquid matte lipsticks ive ever owned. Got them for the first time like 3 years ago so i guess that's more than enough time to make a review! London and abu dhabi are my go to, literally almost every time im wearing heavier eye makeup like a smokey eye i would wear either one of those. Typically with matte liquid lipsticks i would apply a lipbalm first no matter what, and these in my opinion are more on the comfier side of the matte liquid lipstick spectrum. The color payoff honestly isnt the best but i really dont mind. The price is on point and the packaging is uber cute! The only reason why i deducted one lippie from this product is because i find that the formula is inconsistent in every color (at least the ones i own). For example, abu dhabi, london, transylvania and san paulo has a matte(r) finish compared to cannes which is more velvety and doesnt seem to set. It still looks matte but i can still move it around if that makes any sense. I think i will never not have these in my collection! Definitely will continue to repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

The pink and nude shades are great. They look good and they are a good bargain. They run out fast but thats reasonable according to the price. The packaging is cute and you can take them everywhere with you. Darker shades are a disappointment after an hour without replying. Once i wore SMLC21 Transylvania out and i just had to reapply it over and over again. I got comments on it but for me it wasnt really worth it. I used a primer, lip lined my entire lips and put some translucent powder on it. But again I would wear it on photos because the colour is really gorgeous.

on 1/27/2017 5:09:00 PM

I own the colours Madrid and London. I love the colours, there is a huge range as well. They feel quite velvety on the lips, they have nice applicators and smell very nice. However, they wear off pretty quickly, feel quite drying and aren't pigmented enough in my opinion. I would purchase again based on the fact they are so affordable, easily accessible where I live and you can just touch up throughout the day.

Popular Lips Products