NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

I bought this lip cream in Sydney, a blue based true pink. It is a stunning color! It complements my fair and cool coloring so well. It is a matte shade, but not drying like some other matte lip colors, so I can wear it comfortably for hours. It passes the drink/straw test, but doesn't survive a meal, but that's not a big problem for me. I use this with NYX's lip pencil in Dolly Pink (a perfect match) and if I want a glossy finish I layer on NYX butter gloss in Merengue, a lovely shade of pink that borders on lilac. I can't wait to try other colors from this line! I recommend this shade to anyone with fair/cool coloring or anyone who loves a barbie pink lippie.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

There's a reason Kylie jenner has recently launched a new semi-matte lip line. 😏 These has got to be one of the most comfortable liquid matte gloss I've tried. It feels so creamy and smooth on lips. It boots out the cons of a typical matte lipstick drying and flaking out. Id say pigment is there but lasting power for me is 3-5 hours before reapplying. Which is fine, i don't ever feel the need to apply lip balm or base beforehand, I'll just exfoliate. I honestly think the formula nourishes my lips as i wear it. Not bad.

on 4/13/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got the shade Stockholm. It's a really nice nude colour on my lips, lasts a decent amount of time. I do have to reapply after eating but that doesn't really bother me since it's so nude anyway. However, it does dry my lips a bit but it isn't too uncomfortable. I would like to try other nude-y colours in the future!

on 4/13/2017 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

if you're a diehard liquid lipstick fan, and are looking for something extremely matte and longwearing, then you probably aren't going to like these very much. BUT, if you're someone who likes the vibe wearing matte lips gives your overall look yet hate the way liquid lipsticks make your lips feel and are willing to sacrifice some of the matte finish and long weartime for a product that's more comfortable to wear, then look no further! these are great.

a lot of people criticize these for being crappy liquid lipsticks. PSA: nyx never called these liquid lipsticks, y'all. they come in a tube the way a lot of matte liquid lipsticks do, but these are lip creams. there are plenty of other reasons to criticize this product that have nothing to do with the fact that it functions as its name suggests that it should.

like many matte lip products, these do not feather. it can be tricky to get clean lines with application, but when you put this on, it really doesn't move, although it isn't 100% matte so it's not 100% smudge or smearproof. these also wear down more quickly than liquid lipsticks do. however! they are also a lot more comfortable to wear, imho. no matter how i prep my lips beforehand, liquid lipsticks always seem to make my lips shrivel up and look gross as the day goes on. these are matte enough that they have that effect too to some extent, but it's not nearly as obvious or as painful. these are also easier to mix and ombre as a result of their wetter texture, and they are easier to touch up and reapply than any of my other matte lip products.

yes, they wear off pretty quickly. but i think they're a much better option for people who enjoy living their lives, who enjoy wearing lipstick and eating a meal like a normal human being, who enjoy wearing lipstick and drinking from a cup anyway. truly matte products rarely last all day on anyone's mouth even when you're careful - i like these because i don't feel like i have to be careful. they're easy to touch up, they're inexpensive, and they wear well in my opinion in spite of the fact that nyx never claimed they were long-lasting, either. i really really like these SMLCs, i'm so glad they exist because i feel like nothing else quite like them exists on the market today and they're everything i want in a matte lip product.

only downsides for me would have to be that the product itself is pretty streaky in a lot of the shades. you do have to work harder with some of these than others to get full pigment across your entire lip. also, i really dislike how dissimilar the product inside the tube tends to be from the color of the tube itself. i mean, the colors are kind of comparable, but i'm pretty light and in the past i picked up some lighter looking shades based on the packaging, only to find that they looked really dramatic and vampy once applied to my lips. i do still like the colors and to be fair, not all lipsticks look the same on your mouth as they do through their clear packaging anyway, but it's still hella misleading. i can only assume the packaging is opaque because you don't actually get much product and nyx is trying to make it look like you get more than you do. that seems to be a trend with their products (and just the makeup industry in general). still, it's pretty common for tube products to have transparent packaging...i think these would probably still look nice if you could actually see the product inside.

but i digress...final verdict, i really like these and will always repurchase them. i wish i lived in the states rn so i could try more colors because like i said, they're some of my fav lip products to wear. i highly recommend them to anyone who isn't too fussy about makeup and doesn't want to spend too much money on their lip products. if you haven't tried them already, you definitely should!

on 3/31/2017 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SHADE: Berlin, a warm brown that can go from nude to full on deep brown depending on how much you layer it
TEXTURE: thin, moussey
PIGMENTATION: needs building up to get full on color
LASTING POWER: around 4 hours before it starts to fade or sinks into lip lines
APPLICATION: Always put on lip balm first. Apply an even layer on, let it set a bit. Apply second layer for better pigmentation. This is what I find works best for me, if I put on too much at first, it feels tacky, never fully sets and wears off easily.

Overall, I'm not crazily impressed by the formula of these, but the color I got is so special that I would definitely buy it again. Such a steal for how much it costs!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Absolutely love this range of lip creams! Its matte without being too drying, and there's soooo many colours to choose from! I have tried most of the shades and my ultimate favourite would definitely be Madrid, followed by Cannes.

Madrid is such a beautiful dark red colour! I love dark lip colours but it is really difficult to find the 'perfect' one. And Madrid is the one for me! It brightens up my complexion and looks good with so many types of makeup. I love it.

Cannes on the other hand is the perfect MLBB everyday colour!

Other shades that I like includes San Paulo and Prague.

The formula of this is really good, even though it does transfer. Reapplication is no trouble since it is not super drying. The applicator is also really good for defining the lips precisely. The price is also really reasonable!

Would highly recommend!

on 3/13/2017 9:26:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product because the colors are beautiful! But at as a matte lip cream this doesn't do it for me. The color wears off so easily and I find myself constantly reapplying. Do however always come back to it because the color and how it looks on my lips.

Oooh Lordie Lord....I just have so much love for this product.
It is one of the first liquid lipsticks I tried back in the days and to be honest, there has never been any other liquid lipstick that overall topped this one.
The colour range is beautiful, from gorgeous nudes to bright bold colours and deep vampy shades.
From all of the nude lipsticks (liquid or solid) I have, I always come back to Zurich as my all time favorite natural nude lip colour it is just peeeerfect.
They feel moussy and soft on your lips, not drying at all, opaque matte colour without emphasizing the lines in the lips, fade very natural and last a decent amount of time especially considering the fact that they don't claim to be long lasting.
If these would be long lasting and kissproof though, I would never even try another liquid lipstick anymore because this would be all i need.

on 3/11/2017 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a few nude shades (Cairo, Stockholm, Cannes, Abu Dhabi, London and a few more), I like the lip creams. They are not the best, they feel a bit drying but not like the Lip Lingeries, they are still for the most part comfortable on the lips. After a few hours of wear the lip creams start to crumble on my lips and it's difficult to reapply the lip cream. Some shades are streaky, especially Cairo, I'm not for sure going to repurchase Cairo. I've heard that there are some inconsistency with the shades.

on 3/10/2017 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the Prague, which becomes a deep and classy rose against my natural tan and I've gotten lots of compliments on my lips.
The color takes a few minutes to dry but stays put well enough - at least until you eat pretty much anything or drink a latte. But that goes without saying for all liquid matte lipsticks!

Popular Lips Products