Emjoi Prestige Epilator

No Image

1 review

on 11/24/2010 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my first epilator... although I'm no stranger to having the hair ripped out of me (via wax, threading), I had never thought about an epilator (until a recent threading experience made me realize... why am i paying this woman to make me cry seriously a brazilian wax is nothing compared to getting some threading done on your face)... SO i did some research. I didn't need a full blown professional model.... I'm not particularly hairy... my legs are practically bald and mostly light brown/blonde.... So this unit has 21 tweezers which I figured was more than adequate (and i was right). I get psoriasis and eczema when I shave my legs, and horrible irritation under my arms... so waxing has been how I avoid patches on my legs and rashes under my arms. but it's not CHEAP when you add it all up. SO for $49 at Sallys, it's worth it (considering i'll never do that threading again) one visit for legs, pits and lip w/tip. The legs... easiest thing to epilate. I was thrilled... it was not even much of a pinch. I thought... this is a piece of CAKE. My underarms .... not so bad to epilate.... it's a little nerve wracking at first... you think it's going to kill ya.... it's not. There's a more noise w/the unit... the clacking of the tweezer thingies that is a little off putting at first & it makes you think... oh this is gonna hurt. It's truly not that bad. The face... stung more than anywhere else. BUT i suppose that's not so surprising since I just decided the blonde fuzz has to go & have never really done any waxing or anything (besides that gawd awful threading)... SO all in all. I recommend it, if you're not too squeamish and can handle a lil 'no pain no gain'. I used a lil after care to make sure i dont get any ingrowns (which i'm prone too).

Top Rated Tools