Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Pentylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin. [ /- May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide, CI 77492/Iron Oxides].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This does a really great job at evening out red skin and blemishes. It comes out a thick light green color. It's not to thick or thin. It does dry fast. So when covering large areas of the face, like the cheeks, make sure to rub it in quickly. When I cover blemishes I do make sure to put regular concealer over it. I use Maybelline fit me or it cosmetics and they both work together fine. This does not create texture on my face. I've also never had the green cast from this. Just make sure to rub it in as the directions state.

This comes in a little green tube. I like that it's a tube so you can easily get the amount you want and no bacteria from a wand. I guess it is a little expensive $20 for .33 oz/10 ml. I don't use a lot though - you don't need to with this stuff.

Overall yes I will buy and would recommend. It has definitely made a difference in my makeup. My redness is covered, and I can wear a lot more blushes that used to look ruddy on me.

on 8/25/2016 8:56:00 PM

I was using a mediocre knock-off for this by Physician's Formula. After awhile, I just got curious and just went ahead and bought this. I must say that I am impressed and won't be using anything else. First and foremost, this is $20, which is steep for a tube. As many others say, a little bit goes a long way. The concealer comes in a green tube and comes out a neutral light green color. The consistency is perfect...thick enough to stick onto the red marks or pimples that are going to be covered, but thin enough to where the green will blend with the foundation or BB cream. I just take a dot and pat it on the red areas. For dark marks caused by acne, I might opt for an orange corrector instead, but this has proven to work for that as well. Whenever I use Dermablend, I will 90% of the time prefer to use a Beauty Blender for the foundation. It blends everything beautifully without moving the color corrector around. I notice the Dermablend lasting as long as my foundation does. If I am wearing BB cream, it doesn't last because that light coverage just goes away throughout the day. If I am pairing it with something heavier...like Estee Lauder's DW or Revlon ColorStay, it can stay a long time! It can rub off only depending on what you do.

All in all, I have no complaints about this stuff. It's pricey, but gets the job done. It will last me a long time and gives me the confidence I wanted...even with annoying acne!

on 8/25/2013 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love Dermablend redness concealer.

I stumbled on this when buying Dermablend body makeup for my daughter. She had a horrific case of eczema and was going to a an event and was embarrased to show her arms. The dermablend worked fantastically. We bought the Redness concealer at this same time but she never needed this. Her skin has since cleared up. We learned it was a food allergy. Her eczema is gone . So, I wound up with the Dermablend concealer. And I fell in love. Truly a great simple product that lasts.

I should have written a review two tubes ago. I love the stuff. I do not need to use it every day but when I do I find my makeup lasts longer. It really forms a solid and clean base for my Estee Lauder double wear and hides any redness. It even covers pesky acne. I no longer have oily skin but I wish I had this 10 years ago when my skin was oily. However I am still oily dduring hornomal times. On those monthly days when my skin is acting up via hormonal acne. I use this under my makeup to keep the oil away. I gently blend this on clean moisturized and dry skin. The corners of my nose, the red spots. It does not cover under eye circles. Tried that. No luck. But it works on red spots and redness. I then apply my foundation on top. And ELDW lasts long but Dermablend adds even more lasting time. It does not break me out. And I have super sensitive skin that breaks out after using a phone or resting my hands on my face. I have tried other primers but Dermablend is my HG.

A dot goes a long way. One tube lasts for me about 4 months.
I recently reveiwed Physicians Formula Green Conceal. Dermablend is thicker less watery and best for warm toned skin. Think yellow based green. Dermablend is double the price but worth every penny for me as I need a warm toned green to help hide the red.

Now I do want to add that Covergirl Green concealer and PHY Formula are both good products too. A lot less in price and probably easier to find. BUT, if you breakout easily or have sensitive skin, Covergirl might not be for you. I found it does not stop oil production and it clogged my pores terribly. CG might be fine if your skin is not sensitive and you are breakout free. Phy For did not break me out but the color was a blue based green. Not good for warm toned skin. Dermablend never broke me out and was beautiful to my sensitive acne prone roseasca skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This product is excellent! I have a tiny bit of redness at the top of my cheeks. It would be virtually unnoticeable except for the fact that this little bit is right at the line where my blush ends. So I end up getting a weird spot that looks almost like I did a blush oops lol. When I use a real foundation that covers it well enough. But I am really liking tinted moisturizers lately where coverage is more sheer. Dermablend to the rescue! You only need the teeny tiniest like half a pin-head amount of product! If you use too much you will know because your face will get an odd green tint lol. Be sure to blend out well. This is about $20 for 10ml, but given that you need so little, will last a long time. For those who have a lot more redness to cover, suggest you try a sample first. But for just a little bit of occasional red, this product does its job well!

This product is not worth the money. I find that covergirl green concealer stick does the same job for $7. While this was more creamy and easier to blend the coverage is the same.

on 4/24/2011 5:12:00 PM

This works for me to cover brown/red spots prob. better than anything else I've used. I think it also keeps the oilies away just a very little longer. Kind of expensive, but I already bought a backup. I did finally learn to use it AFTER my foundation, works much better.

A little pricey, sure. But this is my favorite concealer for hiding acne and acne scars. A little goes a long way and is easily blended without making me look ill. This dries to a matte finish and when I wear it under foundation it makes my skin look (almost) flawless. I love that this is non-comedogenic and preservative free. I have sensitive and acne-prone skin and this has not made me break out.

on 2/18/2011 9:45:00 PM

I have fair skin and red cheeks. I am currently trying different products to cover the redness and after reading other reviews of this product, I thought I would give it a try. What a waste of time and money. It just did not work for me. My search for a redness concealer continues...

on 9/9/2010 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

One of better concealer I've tried that really conceals without the cakey masky heavy look and feel. Relatively easier to apply than the original Dermablend concealer. In fact, I prefer this one for the way it covers all the red without making me look plastic. Smooth and non-drying. Get a concealer brush and start out with half the amount you think you'll need and always use finishing powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really love this product! I have very pale skin that can borderline on pink (all the time) and this conceals the redness very well, even when I feel hot (which normally turns my skin really red).

I have sensitive skin and it does not break me out. MAC, Clinique, and Too Faced concealers have all broken me out but this one does not. I find just putting powder (like MAC natural MSF) over the concealer adequately covers the redness concealer and makes my skin look even.

However, if I use it on top of an area of skin that has an active break out it will not blend well and will look more green then it does on non-breaking out parts of my skin. But any concealer I put over active blemishes sits funny on them, so I can't hold this against the concealer.