Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Filtered by hair type : Other
Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.0

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

on 1/17/2013 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Does not stay on your face! It was peeling off as I was patting on tinted moisturizer on top of this! And it didn't do much for my face either.

I love the consistency of this primer. It made my foundation look so smooth and even! I love this primer!

Awesome primer by Korres that is surprisingly free of silicone. The texture it leaves would make you believe otherwise. The scent was a NICE surprise. I usually do not use fragrant products but I do enjoy this. I have very normal to dry skin so a primer isn't a must for me but I like to use it under mineral foundations. I hope they make a version with SPF in it for the day. The packaging is eh.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I feel like this would be a very decent primer for someone:
1. With mature or dry skin (seems to double as a moisturizer)
2. Who doesn't wear alot of makeup (the more makeup I put on top of the primer, the more it melts off my face by the end of the day) and
3. Whose skin does not tolerate silicones (silicone free).

Not a repeat buy for me, as I only fit #3.

on 5/24/2012 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Thicker than the Anti-aging primer by Korres (less liquid and more cream quality), and it dual functions as a primer and moisturizer. Great for dry skin, but if your skin is TOO dry, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize so as to avoid flakiness and similar issues. It has helped to heal my acne prone and sensitive dry skin. I did not have success using it under Lancome's Photogenic Lumessence (piling, ugh), however it looks great under my Bare Minerals original formula powder foundation.

on 3/22/2011 10:56:00 PM

I must say that I've used Korres products before, and it's usually 50/50 on liking them or not. This review is solely based on my experience with their face primer. This primer is water based and silicone free.

The ingredients in this primer are the following:

This primer is formulated without any parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances/dyes, mineral oils, petrochemicals, phthalates, gmos, and as I said before without silicone as well.

It has a pleasant fragrance to it, and to me it smells like lemons. . yum!! It feels great going on, and seems to set quickly. It is white, but does seem to go on clear, and definitely sets clear.

When I used it with a liquid foundation, Korres Ginger and Vitamin foundation, it applied nicely but I'm seemed slightly streaky. I don't know if that is caused by using a liquid foundation of the combination of that particular foundation with that particular primer. When I used the primer under a mineral loose powder foundation, Pink Quartz, it worked wonders! The foundation went on like a dream.

My foundation lasted all day, and after 8 hours I think I looked just fine, lol. I do have red/pink undertones so the coverage I'm able to get with the combination of products is great.

I have to say I really love this primer. I love is enough that I went out to buy a backup . . I don't know why I'm just weird like that. I hope you all get a chance to try this. It's quite wonderful!

This primer is pretty average. It's creamy and goes on smooth, but I DO NOT like the smell. For that reason I will not purchase again. Besides, I could probably find something better that doesn't smell.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Korres Face Primer is a fantastic alternative to a silicone-based primer. I'll break down my review:

1) The feel--this primer does not feel greasy, does not sit on top of the skin, and feels good as you blend it on your face. As a result, this is a great alternative to the typical 'greasy' or 'slick' feeling a lot of reviewers compain about silicone-based primers (i.e. Smashbox, etc).

2) The smell--although personally I find the smell subtle and even then very natural (it's the citrus honey in the product), it is welcoming. Not too strong at all for those who are scent sensitive.

3) The amount. I believe 1.01 Fluid Ounce for about $28 is great for a primer that is primarily natural and organic. Most effective primers are around this price range and this product will definitely last you a while--especially since the product is in a tube (easy to squeeze out every last drop).

4) The longevity. I believe this primer does increase the longevity of my make-up, however I will admit that a silicone-based primer can make my make-up last longer and control oil better. However, this is a fantastic primer that gets close to those standards without having to potentially clog pores or mask your skin.

*I understand a primer is suppose to create a barrier so that your foundation/make-up does not settle into pores/lines, however you need to realize that primer will fill those pores & lines--how is that any healthier to then add foundation on top? In turn that can cause more problems. With a silicone-free primer that has a powerful antioxidant (Vitamin E), there is less chance of causing harm to your complexion.

Finally, I find this foundation to help even out my skin tone immediately upon application. Not a miracle experience by any means, but it feels healthy going on.

I definitely recommend this for those who are sensitive to silicone and are looking for a quality primer. I am combination-oily skin and find my skin looks better in the long run with use of this primer.

on 8/7/2010 4:57:00 AM

This did not perform like a primer, more like a half-attempted moisturizer. It is greasy and the worst thing is that it made my pores look huge, and I dont even have large pores. I would definitely not recommend it to those who are inclined to be oily. This did not give me slip or a smoother surface and gave me pimples after a weeks use. Silicone is not a bad thing in primers and this trade off that image but honestly this is useless. It also did not spread smoothly over moisturiser.

on 6/16/2010 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Extra points for a nice scent and all-natural ingredients, but made my face very greasy and oily. Might be OK on someone with dry skin. I love my Laura Mercier primer and nothing can really beat that one so if this one didn't work out give it a try!