NYX Raisin (559)

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/6/2012 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

the one ive got is raisin 139, not sure whether theres a differentce but this i have to say my perfect vampy lippy! :D the red is not too dark to match my skintone :) LOVE it :)
very highly pigmented and extra creamy! :D
cute package and this worth everything i paid for :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My perfect red. It's a brick-ish brown based red that is very flattering, as I can not pull of orange OR blue based reds. I will repurchase if I ever use it enough to run out.

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yay! Finally a red lipstick that doesn't make me look dumb. Lol. Or so I think :P. I'm NC30 with golden-olive undertones. Most drugstore red lippies have obvious blue undertones. Supposedly, those kinda reds are "universally" flattering, but I just don't blue-reds on me at all. So, I'm definitely glad I found this one. It's definitely a brown-based red; it's not warm (like a tomato red), but I don't think it's cool either. It's also a darker red; wearing this with the right outfit makes me feel glamorous and sexy :P. Since I don't do red lips that often, it'll be a long time before I'd repurchase again! :]

on 12/13/2009 2:24:00 AM

As other reviewers have said, this is a highly pigmented creamy lipstick with a hint of gloss. It definitely has a brown tint to it, but on me it looks more cool toned than orange as another reviewer stated. It resembles more of a berry/wine color on my skin, while in the tube it looks a bit warmer. I can use this to add a light stain of color to my lips or create bold lip color. Love this and will definitely repurchase, though it was $6.00 when I bought it two weeks ago so the price may have increased from what another reviewer stated. Still cheaper than most drugstore lippies!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a wonderful red lipstick with orange-brown undertones and the color is reminiscent of, however slightly browner than, L'Oreal's Endless Colour Lipstick in Saucy Sangria (which is one of my all time favorite lipsticks and is a staple in my makeup collection). I think that NYX's Raisin lipstick is not as matte as the L'Oreal's version and is even more economical at the bargain basement price of $2.99. As with all NYX Round lipsticks it is very moisturizing, the color payoff is nice and it lasts a long time.

I bought 12 NYX Round Lipsticks from ebay for $17.00 which comes out to approx. $1.45 a piece -- the best price on the internet.

on 10/16/2008 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

NYX Raisin is on me, a mostly warm brown with wine-red undertones. It wears beautifully, moisturizes, does not bleed or feather and is full coverage. It lasts through meals too without smudging. It is a beautiful fall color especially with clothes that are rusts, greens and even royal blue. NYX makes excellent lipsticks.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love NYX lipstick, it's very pigmented and doesn't dry out my lips, but doesn't have that funky vanilla taste that MAC has and is just a hint less creamy than theirs. I have MAC Dubonnet side by side with NYX Raisin, the MAC is a hint darker and a hint redder, while Raisin is a little more brown as the previous reviewer said. But, very similar. Actually, there is very little difference between the following shades:
MAC Dubonnet/NYX Raisin/Avon Beyond Color in Brownie/Lancome Merlot/MAC Dubonnet. Lancome Ombre Noir is also similar but the Lancome Ombre Noir is noticeably darker with more bronw/purple to it. If you like red lippies that tend toward the darker, browner, vampier side, I highly recommend this one.

on 9/4/2008 9:02:00 AM

I can't believe no one has reviewed this color yet. I am extremely pale, so I tend to stick with stronger lip colors so I don't look washed out. This shade is a tad more brownish than MAC's Dubonnet, but has the same consistency and the colors could easily pass for sisters. I like to use this color when a full-on red lip will be too overpowering and this always performs to my expectations. It wears well with a classic retro eye - white shadow, light taupe/grey crease color and lots of black mascara. Their liner in Dark Cherry is a perfect match to the color as is NYC's 957 and 957A.

Popular Lipsticks