Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation - Golden Medium

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation - Golden Medium

3.8

AMAZING COLOUR! All about that glow.

on 5/26/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is too shiny and has little white sparkles that make oily skin look even more oily, does not handle acne well, if you touch your face you will see the powder on your hand, the packaging is messy- the powder gets everywhere.
It can't control oil not even a bit, doesn't hide blemishes that well, highlights pores and I regret spending 29$ on this. it's not yellow enough for me (which is very weird regarding the comments here) but it is dark enough for my complexion. I would recommend you get the Alima Pure powder foundation it's so much better than this one.

To Read all 78 Reviews, Login or Join

This is the only powder/Foundation product I've used up and re purchased. I'm asian with yellow olive and zombie kinda skintone, its Unhealthy looking, pale, dry and flaky. This is the only foundation I can use without making my dry skin look apparent and flaky. It also match my skintone perfectly. It's light weight and buildable. Also I think it's a good product for guys. I've used it on my bf when he needed to attend a wedding. It just make your skin look better without the hey I'm wearing makeup. I wish they could improve the packaging and put a mini brush in there.
Just for portability reasons. Since carrying around a makeup brush to touch up is highly annoying and not practical.

I have also been using Mac studio fix NC30. The color is good but gosh the dry skin just look so much worse when using powder foundation. I only carry that around because it's more portable than the mineral foundation.

Anyway if you have yelllow olive undertone aswell as dry skin. This foundation is seriously worth a try. It's also not expensive in comparison to most brands. I highly recommend it.

on 1/18/2015 7:55:00 PM

I have yellow undertones, therefore it is really hard for me to find the right shade that will match my neck, and will not oxidise - but Bareminerals really did a good job.
The application is very easy: I just tap some product into the lid, swirl, tap off the excess and buff it into my skin, after I have applied primer and liquid concealer. The foundation leaves my skin looking like real skin, like as if I haven't applied any foundation. The texture is really fine and velvety. I have combination skin: super oily in the T-zone, but occasionally very dry on the cheeks leading to dry patches and rashes. I found that this foundation doesn't irritate my skin at all, but does leave my nose shiny after about five hours. I've fixed that problem after using a mattifying primer on my nose. After I apply the foundation, I use a smaller brush to get under my eyes and smaller places to conceal any more spots. The finish is very natural - almost dewy and gives me a highlighted-look on the highest points of my face. I set my makeup with matte finishing spray to complete the look, and it is done.
Very easy to use, very affordable and doesn't break me out at all. I should suggest those with oilier skin should use a mattifying primer before the application, and translucent powder and finishing spray to control the shine and oil.

on 12/4/2014 11:03:00 PM

Who the heck is this yellow??

I don't usually fault a product for not being the right color match, but I can't imagine who has a skin tone this yellow. I am about as yellow as they get and can only assume that Bare Minerals thinks that Asians have a Simpsons-like skintone.

The powder is difficult to use and not long-lasting. I was going to use it as a finishing powder, but preferred not to look like I have jaundice.

on 10/21/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to agree with the rest that this is a great shade for some of us yellow skin tones in the medium category. It does not make me look sick as other yellow foundations, including MAC, do. Also, majority of bronzers look great on this. Highly recommended!

I've had this for over a year or so and at first I didn't like it. Left clumps on my skin set into patches and highlighted my pores. But that was with the full coverage brush..... So I now have the brush u apply the ready with (flat top brush) and wow wat a difference!!! I just apply it in strokes and then dab on to give more coverage!!. Only thing I find is that I get oily and doesn't stay on my nose or forehead and is a bit shiny. I now have samples of the matte one to try out

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has the most natural looking finish I've ever come across! It stays on well if my skin is dry or oily, and I get the extremes of both. I would say it applies better with primer. You can achieve a fuller and/or more even coverage. Overall love it!

on 12/20/2013 2:41:00 PM

I bought this beacuse the "golden fair" became to light for me, and I really liked it. Now as my skin is going back to fair again due to the winter darkness (I live in North of Norway), I mix this shade with the golden fair, and it works really well.
It doesn't dry out my normal-dry skin, it just evens out my skintone and gives a really healthy, glowing look to the skin, which lasts for hours. I highly recomnend this, unless u have oily skin.

This is the very first time in my life that I have repurchased a foundation. I have tried just about every foundation out there, but will search no longer. The key to this foundation is buffing. You absolutely have to buff and buff just a little more once you think you've buffed enough. I have truly combination skin that swings easily from dry to oily with the wrong products. Bare minerals keeps me in check, as long as I don't over do it!