Shu Uemura H9 Hard Brow Pencil - Seal Brown

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

Hydrogenated castor oil, stearic acid, cera microcristallina / microcrystalline wax, candelilla cera / euphorbia cerifera (candelilla wax), carnauba / copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rhus succedanea / rhus succendanea fruit wax, hydrogenated coconut oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, hydrogenated palm oil [+/- May contain: mica, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I really don't know what it is about Shu Uemura, but it makes my skin completely eat itself. This eyebrow pencil is alright, though you have to press really hard to get color and I think in that case you lose some precision. But jeez, after using this for a week or so my eyebrows developed all of these white bumps that looked like whiteheads. I stopped for a while and then tried it again one or two days and my eyebrow skin went nutso again. This same thing happens to me with Shu Uemura foundation. I love their makeup, but what gives??

I love this eyebrow pencil! I've found other pencils to be too warm in colour, or too soft (and therefore smudgy).

This one is perfect.

I can't imagine ever running out of this pencil because it's so long, so the cost is not an issue for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use No.05, it gives my brows a very very natural and soft looking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Count me as a fan. I was skeptical but after trying I'm sold. I've tried many powders and pencils from DS to HE and this produces the most natural looking brows. No Joan Crawford drawn-on brows here unless you want them.

I have thinning brows that I've been trying to grow. Also had them waxed and zealous waxing chick made them super thin. At my age my hair does not grow that fast anymore so it has been a slow process to regain any thickness but with this pencil and the Shu eyebrow gel I can mimic fullness without any weirdness or crazy looking brows.(Come on you KNOW the look I'm talking about!)

Another huge + is that this pencil does not oxidize darker with oils as the day goes on like other products I've tried nor does it disappear on me. Where I'm thinnest, i.e the ends of my brows, I've read to add a smidge of setting powder to make the pencil set, which is what I do.

Yeah this pencil is a little more expensive than say Lancome or Clinique but the pencil is twice the size of those and hard like the name says so I expect I won't need to reorder for awhile even with daily use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading stellar reviews I ordered this pencil off the Shu website. It took about 2 weeks to reach me, and I was excited to try it out, I was sick of dealing with pots and brushes for eyebrow gel and wanted a quick way to shade in my eyebrows. I have decently full eyebrows, but wanted to fill in sparse areas and define them more.

The pencil is a bit longer than your average eyebrow pencil, mine was not sharpened the distinct way that some other reviewers here have mentioned, it came from the Shu manufacturer sharpened like a regular pencil. I read that it works when mixed with the oils in your eyebrow, so I tried to start filling in mine.

I literally had to scrape and scrape for about 5 mins to get any product onto my eyebrows, I had eyebrow hairs I had scraped out falling onto my cheeks, this pencil just would not transfer. After having used it several times, it does get easier to work with, but intitially I was going to give up. The color is a cooler brown, I am asian with dark brown hair, but this pencil does not give me precise lines or the ability to feather in strokes. Altogether unless your brows are the exact shade of brown, you will look like you have powdered in your brows. so if you are going for precise or super natural looking brows, this pencil is probably not it. I guess I don't mind the color, as it is decent, however, it is nothing special, not for the price. At least for me, this is not the type of effect I was hoping for.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG! Will never be without again...I've spent hundreds of dollars worth of disappointment on brow pencils, powders, gels, you name it. I was using the Anastasia brow palette and it wasn't quite what I wanted but close. The color of this pencil is perfect, just perfect! I am thrilled to have found it. It has been quite a task finding a cool toned brow anything. I am NW15, dark ash blonde/lt ash brown so anything with warm, red tones didn't work for me. Will buy again and again!
Updated-- pencil is still almost full, my skin changed after having a baby, not sure if that's why it began looking warm/red on my or if it was bc it's old?
See other reviews for my best brow routine :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm loving the Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil! I purchased the seal brown shade and it is a perfect match for me (I'm Korean with NC25 skintone). The pencil seems like it would not work because it is literally very "hard" and seemingly unpigmented, but somehow on the brows it just works. It's also a lot longer than the average pencil so I imagine it would last me quite a long time!

As far as the packaging goes, I think improvements could be made. I prefer brow pencils to have a spooly at the end to soften the brows and make it more natural. However, this isn't a deal breaker for me since it can be softened by slightly running through my brows with my fingers. I highly recommend this product because it gives the most natural looking, yet defined brows!

This brow pencil in Seal Brown is the perfect brow pencil for me. My eyebrows are naturally very sparse so with many other pencils or brow powders they just end up looking too drawn-on and harsh. This pencil however, always gives me perfect and natural looking eyebrows. I am fair (NC15) and have black hair currently but even when my hair was dyed a light ash brown, Seal Brown was still a suitable colour. Definitely a staple!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm a convert! This is a true neutral taupe with no reddish or yellow tones. The hard formula makes it go on lightly.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Shu Uemura makes the best products. This product is no exception. I have ok eyebrows, just a little sparse. In the past I've used brow products by stila, smashbox, benefit, and anastasia which all fell short of something. I liked powders because they provided a more natural result, but the results would just rub off after a short amount of time. I like this pencil because it looks very natural and lasts long. I dont' know if this would work for someone who needs to draw on their eyebrows, because it goes on very faint and will not "activate" if there are no oils from eyebrow hair present. While a little on the pricy side it is well worth the cost because it lasts so long.

Popular Brows Products