Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.2

on 2/15/2009 5:58:00 AM

I am utterly devastated that the ultra shines have been discontinued and replaced with these high shines. These are vastly inferior, far less shiny and feel like thick wax on the lips without any of the gloss the ultra shines had. I am so mad I didn't realise they were replacing them until too late now I have run out and I am scouring the internet for the old formula. Boo hoo to Dior.

on 8/3/2008 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to the Dior counter to get blusher and ended up buying a pro cheeks and the addict high shine in runway red. at the counter, the lipstick looked gorgeous under the lightings and other condtions. it made my lips look glossy and plump, it felt moisturized and slicked on creamy and glossy. it's even cheaper than Chanel lipsticks.

when i got home, it was a different story. i tried it on again, this time it didn't look as glossy and there were little shiny particles that stuck to my lips even after the color is gone. it also bleeds a little and becomes uneven after a while. granted, it ddin't have the usual awful dior lipstick smell but i don't think i'll be getting another one. although, the colors are pretty amazing. i wonder if a lighter colour would be better? i will try another color if I've got nothing else to buy...

on 4/26/2008 12:20:00 PM

I wanted to love this lipstick because the packaging is gorgeous and I love the idea of a high shine lipstick. I bought it in Nude Silhouette, which is a nice neutral color. The color itself is fine, but the lipstick is gone in less then 2 minutes. It also seems to feather out around the mouth area. I definitely expected more for the price.

on 9/19/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this in 214 Nude Silhouette. I liked it when I got it because it was my first lipstick and honestly it's not really a lipstick. It's so sheer it may as well be a gloss and even then it feels more like a lip balm. It's shiny and shimmery and it was fine to make the transition from 'gloss' to 'lipstick' but I would not purchase again. I barely remember using it yet my tube is pretty much empty because you have to reapply all the time. Seriously worse than my current YSL lipstick because at least my YSL shows some color when I apply it (it's also in a nude/beige tone).

I'm now disappointed with this product. Too sheer as with most Dior products. I'll give a few more shots to the brand but so far I've been disappointed by almost all their products...

The packaging is okay, it doesn't feel as luxurious as YSL or Chanel, but more trendy or flashy. It is much cheaper but the former two but still! I won't repurchase.

on 12/31/2008 11:40:00 AM

I went to Sephora looking for a pink lipstick. I came out with 2 colours- #664 Pink Protege and #754 Flamenco Red. The best part about this lipstick for me is how great the colours are. Pink Protege has some tiny silver glitter on it and looks very neutral on me. I love wearing it with a smoky eye. Flamenco Red is a fabulous shade of red for work because it is sheer so it is office appropriate. Also, it picks up any pink in my cheeks making me look flushed and sweet. FYI I have dark hair and dark eyes with medium-light skin tone. Other than the colour I was not impressed with these lipsticks because the texture/shine/packaging was average compared to others in this price point. They are ok but I would not buy again, I would rather try something new =0)

on 9/21/2008 8:33:00 AM

I splurged on this because of the great shade (Front Row Fig) and the usual worth-it quality of Dior lip products. I was very disappointed. The shade is an excellent sheer purply-mauve that looks great with my pale skin and dark hair. The product itself is mediocre at best. It's not shiny and feels a bit slimy and dry at the same time, with poor lasting power. It's almost as if they gave the product too much "slip" and not enough "anchor" of waxes or base to hold it on and feel moisturizing if that makes sense. There are much better, cheaper products out there, like the new drugstore tinted lip balms. If you're stuck on Dior, their new Creme de Gloss is excellent quality and more what this product is aiming for. Save your money!

i like the color that i got the 222 casual beige, but i wonder why they bother to call it "high shine" when it's not all that shiny, just a tad. one thing i thing i like about this product, it glides nicely on your lips... cute packaging tube.

on 6/23/2008 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick is not worth $25, I feel like it is all fluff and no substance. Yes, the packaging is pretty and chic, but the lipstick is "meh". Too sheer, not even that shiny, honestly, I could swipe on some dang-on Chapstick and get the same results. I liked the old Dior Addict Shine lipsticks much better, they seem a little less sheer, and way more shiny and moist. This doesn't even have that signature Dior smell like my other Dior lip products. I feel like I wasted my money here.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this today as I have yet to try the new formula. Bought the pink protege, which on me is the palest pink with a lot of glitter. I think that the formula is average, nothing that makes me say "oh!". I prefer the formulas from Clinique and MAC that are similar. Average lasting power for a sheer formula. Personally think that there are better formulas out there that are a lot cheaper. Might buy again in a different color.

on 12/6/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am reviewing this product in the color of Rose Show. The lipstick overall was sheer and hydrating. It did not last long, so I have to keep reapplying. It has a little shimmer to it, not anything over the top. The packaging is shiny, beautiful, and pricey looking. You can tell that it is a high-end lipstick just by glancing at it. I can wear this everyday, but I find the Rose Show color to not be very complimenting. Although the color has been discontinued, I would definitely like to try Sensation Coral. Great product overall, but Rose Show was a bad choice of color for me.

Popular Lipsticks