MAC Cosmetics Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

MAC Cosmetics Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme
MAC Creme De La FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

4.4

I love thyis lipstick.It was the first MAC lipstick that i got and I fell in love.I think it very wearable for most people.While some of MAC's pinks are not for everyone this one is.

on 2/16/2011 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Creme De La Femme is a Permanent lipstick and has been since January of 2002. It is often described as a pink laced with gold. And although that is true I find this lipstick to have quite a bit of purple in it as well. It is a Frost Formula. I like the color. It is very bright and I describe it as somewhat of a "happy" shade. It is very wearable for having such a strong purple undertone to it. I don't think people should be afraid of this lipstick. It is a great starter lipstick for someone who wants to get started in purples. I am NC20 for reference.

on 1/23/2011 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I can't explain it myself but Creme De La Femme is very wearable as a light clean blue pink lipstick. Although yes it does have a slight gold shimmer in it and it's a Lustre. It looks great on and without much trouble, or mixing with something else. I'm an NC45.

on 1/3/2011 12:17:00 PM

I have used this on and off for quite some time, it was the closest thing that I could find from MAC that was the closest thing to their limited edition "Florabundi" shade way back when. It works well with my cool undertones and the staying power is wonderful.

A really great and wearable frosty pink with very slight lavender undertones and gold shimmer. Instantly brightens my face and pairs well with many pink blushes I have in my collection. The texture is smooth, great "typical" MAC vanilla scent, and wears really well during the day with minimum touch-ups.

on 11/14/2010 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very frosty & pink, was a favorite of mine years ago. Very nice shade for blondes as its cool & subtle.

I went to MAC looking for a matte lipstick (for the staying power) but this color caught my eye; I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was:
Lost lasting
The frosty sheen looks gorgeous
The color is not to obtrusive / obnoxious..

However, it has the potential to look really gross if your lips are too dry. (But that goes for nearly all lipsticks so.. :D)

Great for every day wear~

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Pro's: good staying power, no nasty smell or taste, beautiful colour, not drying, applies easily, versatile, cheap.
Con's: non that I can think of!

This is a beautiful pink colour - not too dark, not too light, not too pink either. It can be applied heavily, dabbed on, worn with a gloss - it just looks great in so many ways.

Would definitely buy again!

on 9/5/2010 10:38:00 AM

I've been on the hunt for a frosty (but not *too* frosty) pink l/s for ages, and when I finally tried Creme de la Femme, I was thrilled. I'd tried l/s from several other brands (BB, Lancome, Clinique, Trish McEvoy), and I couldn't believed that I had never noticed this color at the MAC counter.

This is a pure baby pink on me (I'm NW20/blonde/blue for reference) with a slight hint of gold sheen. Applied with a light hand it's pretty sheer, but can be built up with multiple layers or a heavier hand. It's gorgeous. It has that classic MAC "vanilla" scent that isn't overpowering.

What amazed me is this lipstick's lasting power. I put it on in the morning and was amazed to still see/feel it on at lunchtime (4-5 hours later). Usually lipsticks wear off on me after about an hour.

This is pretty close to HG for me. I'll keep looking, just because I enjoy the thrill of the hunt for the perfect pink l/s, but this is definitely a keeper.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Frost Lipsticks are probably my favorite. And this frost is deffinately at the top of my list! It has the prettiest sparkle to it, I haven't worn it with a gloss, but I bet it would look AMAZING! Maybe used with MAC Lipglass in Hearthrob? Gonna Try it! I would repurchase, although it's not for individual sale.. : (
It is the middle lipstick in the top picture!

continued >>