MAC So Chaud

4.5

on 12/18/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I picked this up earlier from MAC when I went in looking for the perfect red for my skin tone and the artist suggested it. She called it coral ish and it does have an orange hint, but I would say it is more red than anything. It was $15 and I got a similarly shaded liner for $16. The lipstick is labeled as matte. It has a very dry feel on the lips, but I love the matte look for lips. Make sure you moisturizer your lips first! My skin is NC 15 in winter, NC20-30 when tan in summer. This looks sooo perfect with my skin!

on 10/24/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Such a PERFECT RED! Bcos the regular red doesn't suit everyone like myself. It has like a hint of orange. It makes any outfit pop! So amazing must buy

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is one of my 2 go 2 lipsticks. I love the pigmentation on this; very strong bold lip. But always gives a sense of tropic exotic look. For me the only downside is that it doesn't last long on the lips.

I really like the color of so chaud, is a bright orange but not so light as morangue. My problem with it is that I feel that it doesn't look matte on my lips and also that sometimes when I apply it looks really lumpy.

My sister has told me more than once that for her it looks very similar to ruby woo, but I must disagree, I think so chaud is much more yellow than ruby woo and not half as matte.

I do like the color but it's so temperamental with me that I don't think I would get it again.

Of all my mac lipsticks this is the only one that I feel like the formula has change since I bought it, and also, it's the only one that acts different every time I use it.

on 8/14/2013 8:40:00 PM

I love the bright orange lips trend but had a hard time finding one that worked well with my skin tone. I am asian with medium, neutral skin tone, that is prone to tanning. Morange looked fine but it didn't have that effect I was looking for. That look I've seen in magazines and on the runway. "So chaud" is perfect! bright and happy. It looks red in some lights, orange in others. Anyways, whenever I put it on, I feel like a quirky but pretty j.crew model. Except like, a foot shorter :P

on 6/27/2013 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really love the shade of this lipstick. For reference I'm an NC 45. I remember going into MAC looking for a bright orange lipstick that did not make me look strange. The SA originally suggested Morange which I hated on me. Then I happen to glance over So Chaud and it was perfect. This is a great lipstick shade for darker skin girls without being too over the top. You can minimize the rest of your makeup and pop this on and voila.

My only pet peeve with this is that I have to use a lip brush and lip liner to make it look perfect. This is not a lipstick you put on when you are in a rush. You have to make sure your lips are not dry and well exfoliated. The price is not too bad either. For me this is a definite repurchase.

on 6/6/2013 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE THIS! I am a NC43 and this vibrant orange-red shade looks gorgeous on my skin color. The texture is pretty much the same as all other matte MAC lipsticks, you need to exfoliate your lips before & it stays put forever. I don't even need to wear any other makeup while wearing this. It makes my face. :-)

on 5/22/2013 12:36:00 PM

I'm obsessed with rocking orange lips for the past year and this lipstick does not disappoint. This shade is bright, bold, and a great way to rock an orange lip when you don't want a full on orange, but a slightly softer and more wearable colour thanks to the red undertone. The formula is creamy, smooth, and has a matte finish. With the matte finish I always ensure my lips are properly pampered with exfoliation and hydration to avoid the cracked, patchy, and dehydrated lip appearance that mattes can enhance. Wear time is fantastic too.

on 5/12/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my perfect colour.
I am really picky on reds, because the whole world seems to look good in a blue-based "true" red, while I just look washed out and really gross. It's one of those things when it just doesn't look right and you can't quite put your finger on it.
So I tried 'Lady Danger', but that still was too pink. Then I got suggested 'So Chaud', and it's super orange, but more people should being trying it out. A more orange based red looks better on people with a more olive or gold undertone in their skin like me.
This lipstick, like most MAC's, is amazingggg, and the colour makes me so happy every time I put it on.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Saw this on jenn Im and decided that I need to stalk her completely by buying the mac shades she wears. She has great taste in lipstick.

When I saw it in the store, I knew I had to try it. I am usually into blue based reds or vampier ones, especially since they are irresistible to creepers, but I wanted to try some other colors that are more fresh and inviting for spring. I have no problem with orange lipsticks or coral shades, but this one is a cross between red and orange that livens up a basic red. It reminds me of a more orange Vegas volt and looks absolutely beautiful with stila's gladiola and a nude or neutral eye. I like that its more of a daytime glam look that's full on rather than backing out of the limelight with a sheer finish.

Also, my hair is an artifical blood red color right now and this lippie only enhances it more rather than clashing with it. It brightens up my look so that I don't look super alternative or goth.

Strange that mac carries colors that are very similar, like this and lady danger as well as morange. There are very subtle variations between these colors, however, and its in your best interest to swatch in store to decide which is the most flattering.