Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.2

on 6/23/2008 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick is not worth $25, I feel like it is all fluff and no substance. Yes, the packaging is pretty and chic, but the lipstick is "meh". Too sheer, not even that shiny, honestly, I could swipe on some dang-on Chapstick and get the same results. I liked the old Dior Addict Shine lipsticks much better, they seem a little less sheer, and way more shiny and moist. This doesn't even have that signature Dior smell like my other Dior lip products. I feel like I wasted my money here.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this today as I have yet to try the new formula. Bought the pink protege, which on me is the palest pink with a lot of glitter. I think that the formula is average, nothing that makes me say "oh!". I prefer the formulas from Clinique and MAC that are similar. Average lasting power for a sheer formula. Personally think that there are better formulas out there that are a lot cheaper. Might buy again in a different color.

Love these lipsticks! I have beige-a-porter which is a glossy, sheer nude-pink lipstick, and looks very natural & polished on. I'm more on the cool side, (PPP; NW20) & this color is understated enough for my fair skin, but still has enough color to perk up my complexion. I also have the softer coral color which has a bit less color, but has just enough for my tastes so my lips don't actually look orange. It is quite expensive & overpriced (-1 lippie), in my opinion & doesn't last very long once applied, but I still think the pros outweigh the cons with this lipstick. Will buy again!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After staring at the gorgeous, decadent, model in the Dior High Shine Addict Campaign- all clad in classic Dior extravagance, bejeweled neck, and all, I knew that after owning a great amount of Dior products, ranging from foundation to lip glosses galore, I knew deep down in my drenched colored heart, I had to have these lipsticks!!

The Look: Intergalactic-esque , fantastic plastic see-through case with a shiny silver case.

The Feel: Not at all sticky, but very wet-looking, as in your lips look drenched in both melted sheer color and sparkle.
(hint: I said sparkle, NOT glitter)

These Lipsticks are gorgeous and definitely kiss-worthy, they drench your lips with "babydoll" glossiness, and the colors are so vibrant and refreshing.

What I Own:

Champagne Blush 352- is gorgeous champagne pink-almost like a soft french lingerie pink.

Pink Protege 664-A fresh english pink rose kind of pink,
slightly darker than champagne blush.

I love the packaging, as well the consistency, it does
live up to the High Shine, and Wet Pout :) I love this Dior!!
These make my lips sexier than ever. (its so good, that you dont even need a lipbrush, just apply straight out of the tube, and your lips will look so lush , like you just ate luscious fruit!)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this lipstick in Raspberry Rush. LOVE!! Similar to MAC Slimshines, but I find them to apply more smoothly, look glossier & last longer. Some shades have micro glitter, some are more matte.

on 4/26/2008 12:20:00 PM

I wanted to love this lipstick because the packaging is gorgeous and I love the idea of a high shine lipstick. I bought it in Nude Silhouette, which is a nice neutral color. The color itself is fine, but the lipstick is gone in less then 2 minutes. It also seems to feather out around the mouth area. I definitely expected more for the price.

I picked up Nude Silhouette at Sephora and just love the whole addict line in general. I am a big fan of the ultra sheer shine l/s but actually think I like this better because it does not contain quite as much of the glitter factor. I love the texture of this and also like the fact your natural lips show through. I really can't seem to put anything really heavy or thick on my lips anymore, so DIOR is my ultimate lipstick. I prefer sheer/ glossy l/s instead. This has a nice glossy appearance with a hint of a creamy texture mixed in. I was told by a Macys SA that they are d/c ultra sheer shine and replacing it with this. I can't wait to try more colors.

on 4/7/2008 11:42:00 PM

I bought Nude Silhouette & one of the Corals - the softer one. Fantastic texture, between a gloss & a lipstick. Shiny but not sticky, and fairly long-lasting. Both have no shimmer, which I like. The Coral is too sheer, almost, so I'll probably layer it with a gloss. Nude Silhouette does a nice muting of the lips without looking dead - good for a polished face with smoky eye. Great, great texture! Hate the overkill packaging though.

on 4/2/2008 6:02:00 PM

Very nice texture, similar to Clinique Buttershines or MAC Slimshines, but a Touch less slippery and even a Hair drier, IMO. I got Beige-a-Porter #324 & Cranberry Coquette #624. These are sheer, so the Cranberry was just slightly darker than MLBB. Beige-a-Porter is slightly paler than my lips, ,but it's not too pale, a pretty Springtime everyday shade. Not as shiny as wearing gloss, but a nice & light "glossy" (NOT goopy) feeling.

The packaging is pretty, slim silver tube inside iridescent square casing. Very pretty! I ordered these from Sephora, but this weekend I'll hit the Dillards near me & grab a few more. These ARE expensive (imo) at $25 but the colors leave just a hint of pearly sheen to make my thin lips look full & pouty, and I don't feel like my lips are all slimy.

on 3/29/2008 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The consistency is of a lipstick, but smooth with a slight gloss finish. I have this in Runway Red which is a berry red that is perfect type of red for daytime wear that gives you alittle pop of color w/o going overboard with a hint of some shimmer to it. Cost $25 with a elegant chic looking container.

Popular Lipsticks