July 22, 2014 | 2376 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by HildeMV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite toned down pink lipstick. It is a cool-toned pretty pink that goes very well against my cool toned skin. It's not a very bright pink, but it's more than, say, hug me. This lipstick is very similar to Viva Glam VI SE, at least applied. It is slightly glossy as it is a lustre formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by annavc2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a beautiful colour. A cool mauve, looks quite purple in the tube, but due to the lustre finish, goes on the lips to leave a light stain, almost with the shine of a gloss. Once the initial shine wears off, the violet hue will stain your lips, even pigmented ones like mine. I have dark blonde hair and blue eyes, and this really brightens and brings out the blue in my eyes, and because it is blue toned, whitens the teeth. Feels super comfortable on the lips, great staying power.

I can't rate this well for price, it's $60.00 in my country. But it would be WELL worth the $14.50 it is in the States. The packaging is the normal tube from MAC's permanent line, the 'bullets'.

Will certainly repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite MAC lipstick so far, and the one to reignite my interest in the brand’s lip products. Usually I find MAC bullets ridiculously drying, zapping all my pleasure in the wonderful colours of them. Syrup is ‘your lips but better’ on me, being just the tiniest bit darker than is natural. Almost imperceptible. My boyfriend has cocked his head at me inquisitively when I wear this, unsure whether he can see lipstick or not. He doesn’t like the tacky feel of gloss, so this is a good compromise for me, if I want to be kissed. The colour itself lifts my face, which is warm but very fair, with blond hair framing dark blue eyes. I’m listing that in case it helps someone. I was surprised this one suited me so well, as there is a tinge of mauve to it. Both I and the MAC sales assistant exclaimed when I applied it at the MAC counter, so surprised were we how well this seemingly unexciting colour worked. The lustre formulation is fairly moisturising, but I still wear it over balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I must join the ranks of the true believers and post my positive review of Syrup. A lovely cool medium pink color with a creamy texture, Syrup is an every day natural lip color for me. Great as a counterbalance for dramatic eyes and works equally well for light makeup days. So glad I found this gem! Will definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to try this lippie after a lot of recs from fellow Mua'ers, so i B2M for it. I have very pigmented lips so this lipstick is my, lips but better lippie. Its a lovely everyday lipstick for me , smells lovely and gives a glossy finish. love it .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by squishycats

If you've never tried "mauve" or purple-y lipsticks (because you thought they would be unflattering), you shouldn't be afraid of this shade.

I would call Syrup a really sheer pink with slight mauve. It's very inoffensive, so I think this would look good on anyone.

I personally love sheerer colors; I wouldn't go for this lipstick if you like really pigmented lipsticks, or long-lasting lipsticks. The only downside to Syrup is that it doesn't last very long, maybe two hours at the most.

The price is pretty ridiculous to me, though. I wouldn't buy this again because I could probably get a similar-colored lipgloss for much cheaper and of the same quality and lasting power as MAC's syrup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm in love with this color!! It's gorgeous and natural...it's a pink/purplish color. I wear it almost everyday and it's exactly like the color of my lips...only adds extra sheen to my lips which i love :) I was looking for a nude lipstick for a very long time and finally my search ends :) You don't necessarily need a lip-liner unless you're blending syrup with some other shade! It's more like a lip gloss...although I would still pick this over a gloss. If you want a everyday lip color...I'd strongly recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by madddiemom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybe my favorite color of all time. It's just enough of a pop of color without being over the top. I can wear it everyday. It's a rich mauve. And the texture is luscious. It's so smooth and silky on. Looks great and feels great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by luanafp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a lovely color but didn't look ok on me. Too dark for daytime, too purple/berry on the lips.
I'm rating it 4 because of the texture. It goes on sooo creamy!! I can see how it'd look pretty on most people

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC describes this as a cloudy pink. This is a sheer berry pink mid tone lipstick with purplish undertones that gives a rather natural blush pink hue to lips. No brown overtones and absolutely no shimmer. Applying several layers would give a more purplish look. Quite close in colour to MAC's limited edition lipsticks -- Laugh A Lot and Viva Glam VI Special Edition. A bit more purplish and more sheer than MAC's Sweetie. Very pretty indeed for spring and summer. I love this colour and would buy it again.