October 25, 2014 | 1754 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

The MAC website describes Syrup as "cloudy pink"
On me and my sister it's a very sheer mauve-pink shade. It's basically like a lipgloss in stick form. In my opinion, I don't think the price is justified based on the lack of pigmentation. When I bought it years ago, I swatched it on my hand and loved the color and was extremely disappointed when I tried it on and it was like shiny/clear. It can be used on top of other lipsticks, or used in addition to a lipliner, but I cannot use it on its own simply because it doesn't show up.

If you like the idea of this color but want something more pigmented, I would highly recommend NYX in Heather. It's creamier and more opaque. I would not repurchase Syrup because if I want super sheer lipgloss I'd buy that and it would be a lot cheaper. However, I can see why this would work well for those with pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I had some things to B2Mac and honestly i'm not a huge lipstick person. I have quite a few in my collection and from time to time do reach for them but not as much as I should. I had a list of a few lipsticks I wanted to try and decided on Syrup. I was showing a friend and when I had taken it out of the box I was kinda put off by the color in the tube and decided i'd just pass it along to my Mom. I was waiting for a job interview, and decided to try it out and fell in love. I was worried it was to "berry" for me, but it complimented my lips/skin tone very well. When I got home I was looking at it and it reminded me of something similar I already had in my collection from Revlon. I pulled out the Revlon lipstick in Lilac and matched it up and colors are very similar. Revlon's pulls a little more purple toned, then Syrup but still close enough to be a dupe. So if your looking for a cheaper alternative to MACs Syrup then i'd definitely try out Revlon's Lilac. Of course the thing that constantly sells me on MAC lipsticks is the yummy vanilla scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by QueenSharon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of favorite lipsticks of all time. I love the way this looks on my NW45 complexion but I think everyone could benefit from this beautiful shade of pink/lavender/peach. At the MAC counter, I asked the MUA to pick something for me and when she reached for syrup I was hesistant because I though it would be too light but when she lined my lips with current and put this on top, I was amazed. Usually I find MAC's lustres to be too sheer and no staying power but this was an exception. In my opinion the staying power is more of a matte but the smooth soft texture reminds me of a lustre. Looks great alone, with lip pencil or a gloss. I highly recommend this versatile shade.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by supermer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hooray for Syrup! I'm so delighted with this product. I was obsessed with Urban Decay lipstick in Rush, until I finally got fed up with the ridiculous packaging. I took Rush to the nearest MAC counter, got the SA to find the most perfect match, and Syrup is what she came up with. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and I have nothing negative to say about it. It's a perfect cool-toned MLBB pink, not too bright against my super fair skin, and the formula is creamy and moisturizing. Will definitely buy again, and will definitely try more MAC lipsticks because of it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by phoebemarch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was matched with this color by a woman at the MAC store, however next time I would probably move a couple of shades up to a shade like Creme Cup. That being said, the formula applies flawlessly and hydrates and softens my lips every time I apply it. I have a feeling that it will look better in the fall and winter; as a summer color, it's a bit too dark for me. This is the only MAC lipstick I've tried, but I've heard great things about the Lustre formula and will definitely buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by myohmy

I have had this lipstick for awhile and forgot about it. Usually too lazy to do my lips but so glad I was playing around today. This lipstick makes me feel like I am Barbie. It's pink on my with a blue undertone.. with makes it kinda pop but not too much or too loud. Will definitely be wearing this all the time now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by stls

I love this lipstick. My first by MAC!
It's pinky-mauve lustre, quite glossy, not overpowering, compliments my skin tone beautifully, looks polished yet natural, smooth texture, glides easily, lovely vanilla scent, sleek packaging... Particularly good paired with mauve e/s for a romantic, yet sultry look! I'm NW 15, but I think it would look good on anyone.
I didn't rate it with 5 only bacause it wears off quickly (but that's the case with any lustre I've tried)
Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a fabulous and versatile lipstick! I have NW 20-25 skin coloring for reference. It is such a flattering pink/purple MLBB color and is a permanent staple in my collection. It is definitely a cool-toned color and it looks great on those with pink/bluish undertones. What I really like is when I want a more neutral look, I can tone down the coolness of the color by adding MAC Blankety over top. It takes on a very pretty pink-beige color. I've actually gotten compliments and questions as to what lipstick I'm wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

My new favorite! A beautiful color. Some say it reminds them of viva glam VI. I dint agree. Viva glam has a reddish brown warm undertone and this is a cool purple pink nude color. It isn't the most pigmented and I love it for daytime! It is moisturizing without making my lips feel cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I am IN LOVE with this shade of pink. It is the first shade of pink that actually looks "natural" on my lips. I have fairly pigmented lips, and most shades of pink are either too light and sheer, and don't show up unless I use Mac Liperase, or are so thick and opaque it just screams PINK!

This shade and formula is wonderful. It compliments my fair-medium, asian skintone nicely and is moisturizing, without being lipbalmy. I wish I tried this shade sooner, as it is definately an HG product for me now.