August 29, 2014 | 1860 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by supermer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hooray for Syrup! I'm so delighted with this product. I was obsessed with Urban Decay lipstick in Rush, until I finally got fed up with the ridiculous packaging. I took Rush to the nearest MAC counter, got the SA to find the most perfect match, and Syrup is what she came up with. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and I have nothing negative to say about it. It's a perfect cool-toned MLBB pink, not too bright against my super fair skin, and the formula is creamy and moisturizing. Will definitely buy again, and will definitely try more MAC lipsticks because of it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by phoebemarch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was matched with this color by a woman at the MAC store, however next time I would probably move a couple of shades up to a shade like Creme Cup. That being said, the formula applies flawlessly and hydrates and softens my lips every time I apply it. I have a feeling that it will look better in the fall and winter; as a summer color, it's a bit too dark for me. This is the only MAC lipstick I've tried, but I've heard great things about the Lustre formula and will definitely buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by myohmy

I have had this lipstick for awhile and forgot about it. Usually too lazy to do my lips but so glad I was playing around today. This lipstick makes me feel like I am Barbie. It's pink on my with a blue undertone.. with makes it kinda pop but not too much or too loud. Will definitely be wearing this all the time now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by stls

I love this lipstick. My first by MAC!
It's pinky-mauve lustre, quite glossy, not overpowering, compliments my skin tone beautifully, looks polished yet natural, smooth texture, glides easily, lovely vanilla scent, sleek packaging... Particularly good paired with mauve e/s for a romantic, yet sultry look! I'm NW 15, but I think it would look good on anyone.
I didn't rate it with 5 only bacause it wears off quickly (but that's the case with any lustre I've tried)
Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a fabulous and versatile lipstick! I have NW 20-25 skin coloring for reference. It is such a flattering pink/purple MLBB color and is a permanent staple in my collection. It is definitely a cool-toned color and it looks great on those with pink/bluish undertones. What I really like is when I want a more neutral look, I can tone down the coolness of the color by adding MAC Blankety over top. It takes on a very pretty pink-beige color. I've actually gotten compliments and questions as to what lipstick I'm wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

My new favorite! A beautiful color. Some say it reminds them of viva glam VI. I dint agree. Viva glam has a reddish brown warm undertone and this is a cool purple pink nude color. It isn't the most pigmented and I love it for daytime! It is moisturizing without making my lips feel cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I am IN LOVE with this shade of pink. It is the first shade of pink that actually looks "natural" on my lips. I have fairly pigmented lips, and most shades of pink are either too light and sheer, and don't show up unless I use Mac Liperase, or are so thick and opaque it just screams PINK!

This shade and formula is wonderful. It compliments my fair-medium, asian skintone nicely and is moisturizing, without being lipbalmy. I wish I tried this shade sooner, as it is definately an HG product for me now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This is such a nice shade that would suit any complexion. It's a soft kind of pink, moisturising, relatively shiny lipstick. Love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by iamami

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never really tried lipstick before, I only used lip balms. But I have decided to buy a lipstick, and I went to MAC to try out Hue since everyone was talking about how great it is. But it didn't work on me, it's too pale. I told the lady that I want something that looks more natural and more pink, and she told me to try out syrup, and it just looked amazing. It's not too pale, not too pink, the color is just right. I'm Asian so my skin is kinda yellow, and this one looked really good.
I thought the price wasn't too bad. I mean, it's decent for a lipstick in such a great quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! Its more than what I expected. I went to the MAC counter looking for an everyday wearable pinky mauvy toned color that was buildable. This is exactly that. Its more purpley than expected but its very subtle. Its creamy and glossy (MAC Lustre) and not drying at all. You dont need a lip liner or a gloss. Its a really a low maintanace lip look. You put it on straight from the tube and you're good to go. It got 4 lippies insted of 5 because I think the staying power is not as great as expected. Given the price the staying power should be better. But overall its a really great lipstick and I have no regrets.