MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 9/1/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm on my second tube of this amazing product! I absolutly adore the colour and formula of this product. MAC eyeshadows, lipglosses, mascaras really dont blow my skirt up but this lipstick is to die for. I love the color and it helps me pull off a cool, natural look which compliments my fair skin. It glides on nice and doesnt leave a foul odour or taste like the $35 lancome lipstick I just bought! Buy it if you are fair with cool toned skin!!!

on 8/31/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this color!! Bought Blankety my first ever Mac lipstick! Can we say "Hot Damn Mess!! I Looked like I had dried up concealer on my lips!! Exchanged Blankety for Angel and Syrup. Syrup definitely is my favorite out of the two!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Syrup is a lovely medium, dirty, pinked-mauve that runs neutral, verging to slightly cool. I did see it in another store, a while after purchasing and the tester they had out was slightly pinker, the sales assistant told me that occasionally there are slight discrepancies in batches. There is no obvious shimmer on the lips, but it has the lovely sheen common with the lustre finish. It's a great easy to wear shade, nothing special or amazing, but perfect if you want to wear some colour on your lips that doesn't scream for attention, but you don't want to wear a nude. It feels relatively comfortable on and has a slightly sheer finish which gives it a nice easy going look. A "my lips but better" shade that slightly deepens my lips and gives them a polished look. A great shade to grab if your spending too long dithering about which shade to wear and also lovely for when you need a professional look for work. I've taken 1 lippie off as the lasting power isn't great and it isn't quite special enough to be awarded a full 5 lippies.

on 8/12/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I agree with some reviewers below. This colour is lovely. I can't help but feel it is slightly too mauvey for my skin tone. I have worn it a couple of times and it makes a nice change to my usual pinks but it makes my lips look quite small so perhaps it's time to invest in a lip liner to wear with this. The finish is slightly drying but it's nothing a bit of lip balm before applying wouldn't solve.

Edit: I was actually talking about a similar colour called Plumful! Oops. Syrup however is very similar but as its a lustre finish it's much more sheer. I would recommend syrup for those looking for a subtle mauve and Plumful to those looking for a much richer and deeper mauve.

on 8/7/2012 4:07:00 PM

Overall, as far as MAC lipsticks go I think this is a nice color for someone a little darker than me (NW15). In general, I find MAC lipsticks (and many others) to be a little drying, so I admit to being hard to please in the lipstick category. The color/texture overall was good for a MAC lipstick, but I just feel like it wasn't anything particularly wonderful...hence the 3 "middle of the road" lippies.

on 8/7/2012 2:48:00 PM

Too close to my natural lip shade that you dont really see the sahde when its applied. A touch of carmex lip balm would ahve the same affect for me and so much cheaper!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Overall a nice color but it looks a little dull on a NC15 skintone. It has a mauvey tone and would be a good MLBB shade. I would imagine this to look good on darker skin tones. Would consider this if I have tons of b2m and not sure wat to exchange for. LOL

This is a great everyday color but can be mixed for a little more 'oomph'. it gives you just a hint of color without it being overwhelming. I really like the consistency of this and isn't drying at all. I do wish that it has a little more staying but I guess that would make the lipstick a little more drying. Overall this is great and I would repurchase.

on 6/3/2012 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Syrup is a great go-to shade for me. It is one of the first lipsticks I bought from MAC. At that time I was honestly feeling a bit nervous about lipstick in general. I agree as been previously said its a "my lips but better" type neutral. Its perfect for days that I am in a rush and want easy, yet polished. I think the pigmentation is great! It's easy to take along in your bag and touch-up without having to also fish out a mirror. All in all I love it and would definitely repurchase. :)

on 6/2/2012 6:54:00 PM

This is MY all time favorite lipstick. Perfect. Absolutely perfect!

Popular Lipsticks