August 30, 2014 | 1813 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

kinda too "mauve-y" for my taste.. i expected it to be more pink..
wont buy it again..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when I was looking for a very neutral lipstick that would just enhance the natural pink of my lips (I am fair skinned- NC20- with fairly light colored lips). I kind of like the lack of strong pigmentation in this because that's what I was going for. I wanted my lips to look richer and pinker so that one might think I just have really beautiful lips but not that I was necessarily wearing makeup. May sound like a silly reason to buy a lipstick, but works for me! Very moisturizing and easy to apply without a mirror. Wears off kind of quickly, but it wears off well (not uneven/chunky/striated) which is worth it for me. I imagine this would be very nice on ladies with darker skin/lips as well and would probably show up quite nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cool tone pinky purple sheer lipstick. Therefore I can only put this on lightly so it doesn't look too purple. This is not a long wearing lipstick as it wears off quickly. The color looks great and goes on smoothly. I would definitely repurchase this lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the color but hate the formula. MAC lipsticks dry out my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by misstye

Surprisingly this suited me very well. I am slightly yellow toned using Mac - NC25 so I was expecting a more peachy coloured lipstick to suit me more. It looks great, i've got quite pigmented lips to start with so this colour enhances them and brings out a little more pink sheen. This and my slighty warmer mademoiselle coco rouge are my fave lipsticks right now. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a really nice everyday shade and I'm surprised that it doesn't get more love. It's a medium mauve pink/plum shade in the lustre finish. It goes on really beautifully, more like a very tinted balm than a lipstick and doesn't impart too much color. Although the lustre formula doesn't last very long, I still really like it since it goes on so easily and is sort of moisturizing. This is one of my favorites from all my Mac l/s just because it is very versatile and easy to wear. If it lasted a tad longer, I would give it a five.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Melis356

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect, so soft, shiny, pretty! It's like lipgloss in lipstick form. I found the pigment to be just fine. Shiny sheer-but-opaque light muavey color. Not really much staying power, but easy to reapply without a mirror.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

The MAC website describes Syrup as "cloudy pink"
On me and my sister it's a very sheer mauve-pink shade. It's basically like a lipgloss in stick form. In my opinion, I don't think the price is justified based on the lack of pigmentation. When I bought it years ago, I swatched it on my hand and loved the color and was extremely disappointed when I tried it on and it was like shiny/clear. It can be used on top of other lipsticks, or used in addition to a lipliner, but I cannot use it on its own simply because it doesn't show up.

If you like the idea of this color but want something more pigmented, I would highly recommend NYX in Heather. It's creamier and more opaque. I would not repurchase Syrup because if I want super sheer lipgloss I'd buy that and it would be a lot cheaper. However, I can see why this would work well for those with pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I had some things to B2Mac and honestly i'm not a huge lipstick person. I have quite a few in my collection and from time to time do reach for them but not as much as I should. I had a list of a few lipsticks I wanted to try and decided on Syrup. I was showing a friend and when I had taken it out of the box I was kinda put off by the color in the tube and decided i'd just pass it along to my Mom. I was waiting for a job interview, and decided to try it out and fell in love. I was worried it was to "berry" for me, but it complimented my lips/skin tone very well. When I got home I was looking at it and it reminded me of something similar I already had in my collection from Revlon. I pulled out the Revlon lipstick in Lilac and matched it up and colors are very similar. Revlon's pulls a little more purple toned, then Syrup but still close enough to be a dupe. So if your looking for a cheaper alternative to MACs Syrup then i'd definitely try out Revlon's Lilac. Of course the thing that constantly sells me on MAC lipsticks is the yummy vanilla scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by QueenSharon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of favorite lipsticks of all time. I love the way this looks on my NW45 complexion but I think everyone could benefit from this beautiful shade of pink/lavender/peach. At the MAC counter, I asked the MUA to pick something for me and when she reached for syrup I was hesistant because I though it would be too light but when she lined my lips with current and put this on top, I was amazed. Usually I find MAC's lustres to be too sheer and no staying power but this was an exception. In my opinion the staying power is more of a matte but the smooth soft texture reminds me of a lustre. Looks great alone, with lip pencil or a gloss. I highly recommend this versatile shade.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No