August 29, 2014 | 1848 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by joheinous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second tub. This stuff is awesome. It really soaks in nicely so you can put concealer on over it. I thought I'd tried everything, how did it take me so long to find my HG eye product? I use it night and day. I don't need anything else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by holden418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an ok eye cream in my opinion. The consistency changes once you rub it on your eye area. It becomes watery. I did try to pat it on but it is very hard to do so because the cream is pretty thick. I don't mind finishing this pot but I think I will go on and search for a better eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by wombat

Kiehls are ridiculously expensive in australia, they are selling this 15ml jar for $75AUD (which is almost double the US price)
Having said that, i think it's good enough to pay even that amount, since it beats the lancome eyecreams i've tried all at similar price.

It's an intriguing color, light pastel green (i love green though), very thick and creamy, seriously creamy (u'd find all other brands so thin after using this). Pretty much scentless.

Application method: pat ur ring finger on the product, this will give u the right amount, then use the other ring finger and warm the product between the two ring fingers, then pat onto undereye area (rather than massaging). Don't rub.

It gives perfect hydration, and the BEST primer for eye concealers (especially if u are using thicker and more pigmented ones such as becca compact concealer) I find that i can apply the concealer on after like 10 seconds, no need to wait for eyecream to fully absorb (in fact, i find if it fully absorbs, won't make such a good primer). My concealer pats in and blends in like a dream, without much effort.

It gives perfect hydration, good at diminishing fine lines (well, probably resulted from dehydration anyway), ok for reducing puffiness, very little for blackcircles.

HOWEVER, the other best thing about this is i can wear my other eyecreams/gel/serum underneath for double treatment, i'm using shiseido whitening eyecream for dark circles, then i wait for shiseido one to absorb then use kiehls one on top. Still works like a charm.

It also works nicely even during summer! not too oily, won't run my eye makeup, and i'd imagine it's equally perfect during winter. I haven't got milia from this, and i usually do from thicker eye cream.
I have combo-sensitive skin, oily outside and dehydrated underneath. And genetic blackcircles and pigmented eyelids.
the only con i think think of is the jar design, i think the consistency should be alright for putting in a squeeze tube :(
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2003 7:24:00 PM More reviews by greatpph

this is the best eye cream that works! A little dab, massage it in, the next morning, you will wake up with 1 less line under your eye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2003 4:00:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A really nice eye cream. I bought the full sized jar after being pleasantly surprised by my sample last winter. Not only did the sample packet last forever, but such a little amount was needed. I love the green colour this has as well as the nice thick texture. Try as I might, this never ever migrates into my eyes, it stays exactly where I apply it. It does have a rather thick texture, but the trick it to take a tiny amount out of the jar with your ring finger and then use your other finger to warm up the cream. It should liquify slightly and then it's ready to be patted in around the eyes. If you're interested in trying this out ask for samples- Kiehls is very good about giving samples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2003 4:03:00 PM More reviews by fallface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this moisturizing eye cream. I use it at night and my eye area stays hydrated and soft. My fine lines seem to be softening as well, yay! **UPDATE!- This eye cream has definately become my HG as far as eye creams go. Each time I use it I enjoy it more and more. In fact, I find myself wanting to dab it on all the time, but refrain because I don't want to overdo it! Try this cream, I really think you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2003 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice eye cream. I like the avocado in it, since I m an avocado fan (masks and generally for skin hydration)! Moisturising very well, keeps skin under the eyes soft and supple. Great for under concealor as well, doesnt bulge or crease. No irritation or milia from it and I m quite sensitive to that. I prefere using this in the colder months, since for spring/summer I use something lighter with an SPF in it. I just dont like that you have to dip in your finger, I much rather prefere pumps, but that doesnt matter so much. I will rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2003 3:17:00 PM More reviews by sugarski

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't really like the consistency of this product. Thick and hard to spread, as others have said- kind of reminds me of titanium dioxide cream. It is true, however, that as advertised, it will not migrate to other parts of your face. It has very little scent, which for me is good. I like eye cream to immediately cool and soothe my eyes as well as hydrate; this hydrated, but didn't do much to soothe, and as far as I know it doesn't have any special treatment properties. I won't purchase this, but I'll use it till my sample runs out (as always, Kiehl's was very generous).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2003 11:22:00 PM More reviews by nina

Don't really like this eye cream, bought it to use during the winter and find it too greasy and hard to spread. Overall it is a very ordinary eye cream, wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2003 4:29:00 PM More reviews by LiliaHolly

Fabulous eye moisturizer! I was previously using Clinique's All About Eyes, but my sister Elane told me about this, and convinced me to try it. I begrudgingly bought it, not willing to give up my perfectly okay Clinique, and gave in only because I was nearly out of my current eye cream. Thank God for Elane! I had no idea what I was missing. I fell in love as soon as I tried it. It is very thickly moisturizing, so a finger tap in the pot is all you need. The smell is divine but quite light and mercifully fades--you don't want anyone who comes near your face to smell avocados! It blends nicely and easily and is a perfect base for my undereye concealer. It freshens up your eyes nicely, and can be used night and day, even though I only use it for the latter. I adore my Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment, and I'm never going back to Clinique.