Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 5/20/2004 12:47:00 PM

I am really loving it! One trick is to apply it when your skin is dry otherwise the product will glide...in brief, I just bought my 4th jar.

on 5/14/2004 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Very rich eye cream. Does not travel into and sting my eyes, and a little goes a LONG way. Nice product.

on 5/14/2004 5:01:00 PM

Liked this at first...interesting consistency, not your typical moisturizer, felt more like a nurturing, non-migrating treatment (which was nice) than a cream. BUT I had the same problem as a reviewer below, I started breaking out! I gradually got a few small breakouts in my eye areas, and I NEVER get those! This is the second Kiehl's face product to break me out (the lip balm gave me whiteheads around my mouth). I do not have sensitive skin and I only break out occasionally in my T-zone. I'm a little more wary of Kiehl's face products now (the body stuff remains ok).

on 5/12/2004 3:43:00 PM

This is a great eye cream, but I have found that it is not good for day use under makeup (though others on this site seem to use it that way). It moisturizes well, but is a little too creamy to use if you're wearing undereye concealer. It can also smudge mascara. But if you're not wearing eye makeup, it is great. Also great at bedtime.

Love it, love it. This stuff is nice. At first I did not like it, but now I love the consistency of this. It is quite thick and creamy at first but as soon as you start to pat it under your eyes it turns "liquidy". It does not migrate into the eyes and it absorbs nicely. After I apply my moisturizer and eye cream I dress to let it soak in good, so it taking a few extra minutes to soak in is not a problem for me. Will repurchase

on 5/2/2004 6:58:00 PM

This eye cream has really surprised me. As others have noted, it's an odd consistency and tends to sit on my skin for a bit. It doesn't really feel as moisturizing as my Shiseido Benefiance cream (still my HG for night use.) And yet - in the 6 weeks I've been wearing this, I can't help but notice my eyes look fresher. I've been wearing this as a day cream and somehow it manages to be dry enough so that my eye makeup doesn't smear or slide, yet moisturize my eye area and keep it fresh well into the day. In my considerable eye cream experience, this is a rarity. And for $23, you can't beat the price. Anyone on the miracle-cream hunt has GOT to try this out. If it gives refreshed unlined eyes to a perpetually tired 36 y.o. insomniac, it just might work for you.

on 4/19/2004 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just recently started becoming interested in eye creams, only because i thought it would really make my concealer go on a whole lot smoother. I guess i lucked out when i bought this :) :) This creme is nice and thick, and you really only need a teensy teensy tiny bit dabbed under your eyes, and spreads so easily with your finger tips! If you have time before you put on your make up, reeeeally let it absorb into your skin. Your foundation and concealer will just go on heavenly (my skin is somewhat dry at times, and i HATE WHEN it flakes around the eye area when putting on making up there!). I have no other experience with eye creams, so until i do, this gets a great review from me :) I definate repurchase, but i'm always on the lookout for new items :)

on 4/18/2004 3:25:00 PM

ooohhh - I love this eye cream! It has the most interesting application - a heavy cream in the jar which turns into a watery texture after application and then again into a blendable lotion after a bit. I have to admit, I am still using the sample after two weeks of 2X daily applications (with 3 more samples to go - thank you Kiehls!). So, after two weeks, I have noticed that my eye area is softer and has more resilience from creases in the morning. I don't think eye creams can really help with existing wrinkles, but they can keep the area balanced and moisturized and I like this formulation better than eye gels or heavier creams such as the Shiseido.

on 4/17/2004 6:18:00 PM

I have been on the hunt for a really good eye cream for months and have finally found something that works really well. I wanted
something that:

-) Is not gel-like because that type doesn't sufficiently moisturize my dry skin under my eyes.
-) Is not so heavy/emollient that it causes milia.
-) Can be applied am and pm and doesn't smudge my eye-makeup.

I haven't got bad shadows under my eyes or wrinkles to fight, so I cannot comment on properties concerning these problems. This product is scent-free, a tiny amount is absolutely sufficient, so it will probably last you a year or even longer. I wear contacts and find that I can't wear a lot of eye-creams because of my sensitive and dry skin around the eyes. This eye cream met all my expectations, I have been using it for almost 4 months now and have been more that happy with its performance. I can only recommend it!

The packaging is typically Kiehl's, plain and functional: The cream comes in a small white jar with a second lid inside. Unfortunately they don't provide you with a spatula for sanitary use, but I've collected so many of these with other creams that it doesn't bother me.

UPDATE: So I am starting to see fine lines around my eyes and unfortunately this eye cream does nothing against them. It doesn't even plump them up during the day so that they're less noticeable. My final verdict- this is a great basic eye cream that doesn't mess with your skin, but it won't help with specific needs like hiding fine lines or depuffing.

on 4/17/2004 12:50:00 PM

I love this stuff. I've been looking for an eye cream and this is it!!! I bought a jar but I haven't opened it yet because I've been using a sample. I wish it wasn't in a jar. BUT this eye cream is amazing. Makes my skin so soft. Seems to be helping hydrate enough to keep the fine lines at bay. Right now this is my HG of eye creams.