September 2, 2014 | 1389 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge - Blushed Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by auburnlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at a local CCO, and I am soooo glad that I did. Like others here, I had terrible experiences with cream/gel blushes in the past, but I was willing to take another chance. I started out wearing this just for the weekends, but soon I found myself loving it so much that I am wearing it more and more, and it is nearly ready to replace my NARS orgasm and my Benefit Dandelion, which are the other two blushes that I normally wear. I won't replace them entirely, as there are still days when I just don't want to use my fingers to apply a blush, but I am really happy that I bought this - it changed my opinion about cream blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Karryn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unreal!

With apologies to Nars (whose "Orgasm" blush seems to have cornered the market in must-haves), this is - hands down, the BEST I've ever used. Every other blush I own, including a Nars multiple and their ubiquitous "Orgasm", is now put away. This is the perfect shade for a natural, healthy look. It instantly brightens up tired complexions and dabbing a little on your lips is about as close as you'll get to your childhood glow.

Comparatively expensive, however, a little does go a long way and I'm sure to have this blush for a long time. I've had this for eight months, used it every single day, and I've yet to make a dent in the pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by hathaip

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love it!!! It doesn't look like I put on make up at all. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by luckydumplingg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I like very natural, light looking makeup so I was originally very fearful of the Pot Rouges. This shade looked especially dark, and I could just imagine myself looking like a clown after using this. WOW was I wrong. It goes on a bit heavy, but after a while it absorbs into your skin and it looks so beautiful. A very natural, flushed, glowy look. So pretty! Another plus is that this stuff will last you forever. You really only need to use a dab or two.

As for this being a lip product, I find it a bit drying, but I usually find lipsticks really drying anyways. I wear it with some chapstick and it's really gorgeous and comfortable to wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My experiences with cream, gel and liquid blush in the past have never been good. I can't get it to blend right and end up looking like a clown, or else I'm not finding the right color. But a friend passed this on to me and I thought I'd try it.

As others have noted, Blushed Rose is a tad too brown - I usually like brighter blushes - but it's very natural. I typically don't use it alone, but as a "base" over which I put some powder blush. It seems to help the powder blush last longer. I pat it on with my fingers and blend. It's nice for travel (not having to lug a makeup brush) and it actually does work fairly well as lip color in a pinch.

I was afraid this might break me out (even though I have dry skin) because it really seemed like putting lipstick on my cheeks, but it has had no ill effects. As others have mentioned, it doesn't feel heavy or sticky at all. Just melts right in. I don't think I would buy this color again, but I definitely plan to try some other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by XxIndigoLUVxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG! This is one pretty amazing product. I actually got it as a sample after buying some Bobbi Brown products, and actually bought a Pot Rouge in Powder Pink. Let me tell you i like Blushed Rose WAYYYY more! To be honest it is probably one of my absolute favorite blushes. It has great color, and blends well over a light moisturizer. MAKE SURE to moisturize first, or it will stay put in one spot! I will be getting the full size soon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I received a miniature of this with a recent Bergdorf purchase. It is a warm-toned brown-rose color... sort of reminds me of a brighter Stila Convertible Color in Peony.

Compared to Stila CC, the Pot Rouge is less "slippery" and a bit more concentrated in pigment. I find that a little goes a long way, and I have to really "buff" it into the skin.

That being said, the resulting effect is a believable flush that is also very long-lasting. One of my favorite characteristics of Bobbi's makeup looks is the beautiful blush effects, and this Pot Rouge will really give you that healthy flush. It also isn't sticky, so if you wanted to layer on some powder blush, or highlighter, it would work quite well.

Now, I did take off a lippie because I think it *did* give me some bumps on my cheeks, which is odd. For reference, I applied this with a MAC 187 brush, and I am a light-beige skintone. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I got this as a sample with an order. I have not used it much since then. I think the color is just not the best for me. It is too brownish. I find my best blush colors are more often bright pink/pinky coral/pinky peach shades. The brown in this makes it not unwearable for me but not as flattering as a lot of other blushes. However, the color blends well, is highly pigmented and seems like it sticks around a decent amount of time for a cream blush so I am giving it 3 stars cause though it is not a universal shade it probably looks lovely on other skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

I find this a really easy blush to work with, I use a synthetic angled blush brush and kind of stipple it onto my cheeks to give a really natural looking glow. It works well alone, as a contour (pale skin) or as a base for another blush and I also find i t works well on bare skin, over foundation and under powder or over the whole lot. It's great on the lips too.
If you are very fair then you don't want to go overboard with this as it is quite brown, but I highly recommend the Pot Rouges in any colour depending on your colouring. You can't go too far wrong with any Bobbi Brown colour really, just use it more lightly or heavily according to your taste and skin tone. This brings out the blue in my eyes beautifully, at a push I probably could dab some on my eyelids to give a bit of colour there too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried BB's Pot Rouge when it came out and was not impressed--I found it to be dry and difficult to apply. Well, given my increasing age and dry skin and this frigid arctic cold, I was desperate to find a cream blush comparable in color to my usual powder blush, BB Slopes, so I decided to give Blushed Rose a try. I'm glad I did! This is very close in color to Slopes (maybe a tad deeper depending on how you apply it), applies easily, lasts all day, and looks fresh and dewy. I do think the formula has been improved since it debuted, or I chose a shade that has more slip--whatever happened, I like it! It also looks great on my lips--one of the few supposed multi-tasking products that really works on more than one feature. In fact, I like this so well that I bought an extra mini size on eBay to carry in my purse. This is a real find!