August 1, 2014 | 1678 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by beautyyangel

I have repurchased this product quite a bit. It sets your make up, keeps you from going shiny and works well to keep your foundation and concealer in place. The price is reasonable. The quality of the product is great for drugstore, I do prefer this powder of some other high end powders I have tried. The only downside is the packaging. It isn't exactly horrible to look at but the way it is packaged can be of inconvenience. The lid is separate and it does not contain a mirror. Also the product runs out kinda quickly. I have hit pan in a month and a half once (when I was using it every day..and lots of it).
Overall, the quality is great and the price is amazing for the quality it has. I would buy again in a heartbeat. The transparent powder is usable for most skin colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by jennifereal

Great translucent powder especially to set liquid foundation! I pair this with Revlon ColorStay combination foundation after I contour and blend. I use Ecotools long handle kabuki brush which is designated only for my setting powders and it sets my makeup very nicely. For extra stay power coverage, I brush this powder on, spritz Urban Decay all nighter spray over that, let that dry and brush another light layer and my face looks airbrushed all night. Love this powder, I have hit pan twice already on this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

This is a pretty good powder and I know it works really well for most people. For me, however, it doesn't keep me matte for more than an hour. I know I do have oily skin, but I don't feel it keeps me shine-free any longer than Revlon's Nearly Naked or Wet & Wild Coverall pressed powders, and I think I prefer the way these two look on my skin more than the Rimmel. I think the texture is almost as nice as the Revlon Nearly Naked and Wet & Wild pressed powders, and FAR superior to any I have tried by Physician's Formula. I think the MAC Blot pressed powder does a better job of keeping the shine away longer and is also not cakey.

Pros:
- nice texture
- large amount of product
- low cost
- shade range isn't bad
- doesn't get cakey
- doesn't form disgusting waxy film over surface that Physician's Formula pressed powder spf 50 (orange compact) did

Cons:
- really cheap packaging, no clasp to keep it closed, no mirror
- no spf
- doesn't really help me stay matte for more than an hour at the most (but it might work for others)

For me, I want a pressed powder to come in a classy, minimal compact with a mirror because I get shiny a lot and need to touch up constantly. I basically depot the Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder and put it in a silver Prescriptives or black MAC compact. The Rimmel is way too big to fit into standard compacts and its super-cheap packaging is a deal breaker for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this powder! its one of my favorites so far. I got it in the lightest color because i just wanted a setting powder and not really a powder foundation. Also I wanted this because i wanted something to control my oily face better..and this does a pretty good job. It goes on pretty easy, but it can layer up, so i would buff it out when you apply, or use a less dense brush, because i use a flat top powder brush thats really dense. But it's pretty good at setting the foundation and controlling the oil, I have to touch up only about once a day. Would so repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by redfox2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this product for a while and have used up two of them. I mainly liked that it was colorless, as I am very pale and didn't want something that would make me look orange. The powder doesn't dry my skin out like some other pressed powders, but I did find that it set into pores easily in certain areas. It controls oil pretty good but I think it may be the cause of some breakouts I've been having lately. I have acne prone skin so it might not affect most people like it did me, but if you already have acne I wouldn't recommend using this. I should have known considering it costs about 3 bucks, but the ingredients are pretty bad. So despite the fact that I did like this product for the most part, I won't be repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as my setting powder. It works very well and doesn't irritate or cause breakouts. As with other reviewers my only issue with this product is the packaging. The twist off lid just doesn't seem secure nor is it very strong. I will say that I do keep this in my makeup travel bag and I have not had any issues with it cracking or falling apart. The price is great and it works well. It also does not come with an applicator, which is fine by me because I use my powder brush with this. I would recommend this to a friend to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ronniechops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the way this product performs, but the packaging is very cheap and flimsy, and I don't like that the powder has a fragrance. It smells very old-fashioned and granny-esque. Other than that it keeps my skin matte and keeps my make-up in place for longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rimmel Stay Matte powder gently blends on to your face. This is impeccable for dry to normal skinned souls. In fact this powder deserves at least 4 lippies. For the price the quality is astounding. A splendid fine milled transparent powder that does stop some shine but this is not for the oily crowd. If you are looking for a powder to stop your oil you will be sorely disappointed. Oily faces will want something that is going to really blot the skin.

Rimmel Stay Matte powder does not oxidize the way many powders do. Well, let me say I am not overly oily. Oil and some products tend to discolor. My skin is on the dry to normal side, with that said it did not change color on me. I used this to touch up my makeup and three hours later I looked as perfect as when I put it on. I love that in product. Trust! Seriously, I want my face to look great 3 hours later, no orange tinges or cake feel or patchiness. I am amazed that I could find such an inexpensive treasure at a drug store. If I was doing a blind test today on four different pressed powders. I could not tell the difference between Stillas sheer pressed $28, Tarte T-Zone $32, MAC blot pressed powder $25, or this little treasure Rimmel Stay Matte for only $5.79. I am simply astonished.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by lovesabrinaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing. Previously i had been using the covergirl clean pressed powder, but i didn't like it because it caked up and didn't stay on long at all. So then i bought this and oh my gosh it's great. When i put it on my skin it doesn't flake up in the dry parts and goes on super smooth all the way across my face. and i love how it says "Stays on for 5 hours". Thier honest and stick to thier claims because it does stay on for that long if not longer. My only complaint would be why they dont have a puff that goes with the powder but thats ok because i got one. i love it. 5 lippies :) xx

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by xshado

Such a great product, ive never liked putting powder on my face because it looks cakey!
But this one doesnt, i dont only use it only to take away any oils or shinyness but to also set my foundation/ bb cream.
With a big fluffy brush (like real techniques powder brush) or any other big one,
I warn, do not put too much, i did that mistake once, and my face did look cakey.
You only need a little bit and youre good to go!
I cant say it takes away the oilyness for the whole day, if your skin tends to be really oily you would need to retouch up during the day.
The price is great and affordable.
However, i do wish the packaging was a little bit more durable, and it would be great if it came with like a small sponge, so that way i would be able to put it in my bag without having to bring a brush along.
The top can easily break and it easily opens up.
I will rebuy, once i hit pan!