April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sebium H2O

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by RubyThursday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After seeing so many positive reviews about Bioderma I decided to splurge and give it a go. I have combination/oily skin so I went with the Sebium over the Sensibio thinking it would help combat the excess oil, but this really stripped my skin and broke me out something rotten. Immediately after applying my skin would feel really tight and horrible. Maybe I'd have better luck with the Sensibio? Definitely wouldn't use this if you have normal/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by jade3399

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Found a product that thoroughly removes all eye and face makeup without using a ton of product. All I can say is wow! I wear makeup on a daily basis and used baby wipes to clean off. My face would still have makeup residue left. With two cotton pads (not saturated) all my makeup was off. I still wash my face with cleanser...but this makes it so much easier and faster. Awesome stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Joyfalula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started off by purchasing the very small bottle (100ml) after reading many enthusiastic reviews praising this stuff, I have since repurchased larger sizes of this product.

Pros
Very soothing, especially during breakouts
Clears breakouts
Refreshing
Makes my skin feel soft and clean
Pores look refined

Cons
My skins ends up much oilier than usual when I use this to cleanse (overcompensating?)
I don’t like the fragrance or the packaging (too clinical).
Its quite expensive to buy.
Need to use quite a lot to remove a full face of makeup – about 4 cotton pads or more! (I usually use some face wipes first then swipe a pad of this stuff over my face).
I have been unable to find this in any stores, only seems to be available online in the UK, which means having to pay postage costs.

Verdict:
My skin likes this stuff as it seems to clear breakouts and make my skin feel soft & clean, the only downside is it seems to make me oilier and it is expensive and hard to find. However, as long as I can find discount deals I will always keep a bottle of this on my vanity table, it’s also a perfect product to cleanse before/after the gym or at the beach.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Please note: This is also listed as a toner on MUA as well as a cleanser- check the label, it is not a toner. It's just micelle solution, basically a non-foaming alcohol-free cleansing water, to remove make-up and grime that has collected on your face throughout the day. So I don't understand complaints about how this is "not a good toner", etc etc. Bioderma does not even make a "toner" in this range. Sorry to sound like a cow, but seriously. . .Rant over.

Review:
I bought this because Sensibio H2O was sold out for weeks at my nearby pharmacy. I've been using both for years however I prefer the Sensibio to Sebium only because you can use it around eyes with no problems plus it has no fragrance, but this one is still really good. When I get home from work I use this first before cleansing - wet a cotton pad with it, remove make-up, then follow with a normal cleanser. I use jojoba oil or anything unscented to remove eye make-up (or Sensibio when I have it again!)

It only takes me one pad and few drops of this to fully remove all the make-up on my face. So one big bottle (I normally get a 500mL size) lasts me at least 7 months, sometimes a full year, depends how much I use/how much make-up I need to remove on a daily basis. There are always sales as well. Scent is mild, although may be problematic for some but non-irritating for my skin and similar to all the other Bioderma stuff (the stuff with scent, some is unscented). Love it. . .but again, I find Sensibio does a better all-around job so am giving this 4/5 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Favourite micellar water so far (I use this or the Vichy normaderm one) its perfect for my combination skin- feels cleansing on the spotty areas (chin, t-zone), yet not too harsh on the drier parts (cheeks etc). It certainly doesn't aggravate my spots or make them worse- feels pretty gentle on the skin. It doesn't a decent enough job at removing make up- but I'd never use this, or any micellar water for that matter, as the sole cleanser- I'd always follow it up with a face wash. All in all a decent product that ill likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Scintila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me this is very classic and very good micellar water. It si very popular and there is a reason for it - it cleanses very well, it leaves very pleasant feeling on my oily skin and at the same time it's quite soothing as it doesn't have alcohol. I'm not sure if it exactly prevent or reduces break outs (But I don't seek this kind of function from a micellar water), but it definitely doesn't causes any new. In general - very good choice for acne - prone/ oily/ combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this out. I chose this version over the regular version with the pink cap because it is designed for oily and acne-prone skin. However, I noticed that soon after I started using this, about 3 days to a week, I started to develop small little pimples. I do not get these types of pimples for my acne and this was the only change in my skincare routine. The small pimples cleared up after I stopped using this product.

This may work for some people with oily/acne-prone skin, but from my research it seems to be 50/50 for those with this skin type.

PROS
*Easy 1 step cleanser
*Worked well to cleanse my skin
*Refreshing
*Quick alternative to full skincare routine
*Fresh scent

CONS
*Very pricey since it isn't sold directly in the US
*Broke me out even though it was made for oily/acne-prone skin
*Scent - although it smells nice, it may be too perfumed for some. Maybe this is one of the reasons it broke me out?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by whatever1399

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bioderma Sebium is a blue slightly transparent liquid that has bit of a floral-soapy scent.The scent doesn't bother me, but it might bother others with very sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, you would probably like the Bioderma Sensibio (or Crealine) better as it's fragrance free (unlike the Sebium version).

I LOVE this product. It was quite expensive ($25 in USD) and I had to order it online, but it's definitely worth it. I don't use this as a makeup remover, though you can (but I would not suggest using it on the eyes). I like to use this in the morning as a gentle yet effective cleanser, followed up by my St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I just pour it onto a cotton round and thoroughly wipe my face until I see no more dirt. This product really gets the grime and dirt off my skin. My skin is never dry or stripped, just clean and refreshed. I don't use this at night, I prefer a deeper cleanser at night.

After using this for a few months, I can honestly say it's one of my Holy Grail products. I was having quite the battle with acne and spots before hand (teenage, acne prone, oily skin). I don't believe my skin purged like some other reviewers reported, but everyone's skin is different. This has not only significantly cleared up my acne,it also helps clear up current acne more quickly, and lowers my oil production in a healthy way. I'm not sure what the French put in this stuff, but I don't know what I would do without it!

I took a lipstick off for the packaging, though. I get the 500ml every 2 months, and I love how it looks so sleek and that it has a little seal that you rip off so that you know your bottle is hygienic. BUT, I don't really like the shape/size. It's a bit difficult for me to handle without spilling things everyone, but it might just be me. I usually pour some of it into a smaller, more handy bottle about every week; that usually solves the problem.

Overall: It's a wonderful miracle product and has completely turned my skin around.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many, I heard so many rave reviews about this product that I was curious to try it. It removes makeup beautifully and feels naturally refreshing. Also, my skin doesn't feel stripped and most of the time I could likely go without moisturizing afterwards.
I do love this product but it's so expensive I only use it sparingly: I use it to cleanse in the morning or on days I'm not wearing any makeup (even though it removes makeup beautifully) so I use less of it. It's very easy to go through a bottle quickly. If I used it as my sole cleanser it would only last about a month.
I'd buy it again, but the price makes me cringe.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I accidentally posted this earlier for the gel version but am deleting that and posting it in the correct product section: This is a great 2-in-1 product. It does leave your skin feeling a lot cleaner, especially if you are acne prone. The packaging is not great quality. The lid broke while I was travelling and spilled quite a lot of product. Also, it's hard to get (I picked up my previous tube when I was holidaying in Paris) so I'm going to try the Clinique scrub for a bit because I kind of got that free. And then, I may lay off on scrubs for a bit. I have very very oily skin and I have heard that scrubs contribute to oiliness in the long run.

Edit: I bought another bottle of this. While I don't find it harsh, I have VERY oily skin in VERY humid weather and I found that my face was an oil spill at the end of the day - its oily but isn't quite as oily without this product. It says don't rinse off but I would.