September 22, 2014 | 1963 users online

Styling Products - Pantene - Volumizing Root Lifter Spray Gel

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by gjohal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This dies nothing to my hair. No volume, or anything. Sometimes the spray even stops working.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- thickens

Cons

- very little volume
- dries hair out

Comments: I do like how my hair looks and feels a lot thicker, but it also feels very dry and doesn't really have much lift.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of Pantene's best products: quality ingredients, not a drop of drying alcohol like most of their products; surprising as I consider most of their hair lines deadly for the hair. Even more important to me, they test on animals, so no thank you, and goodbye.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Stay. Away. Made my hair FLAT and OILY.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did some weird things to my hair, didn't like the way it looked. Still had some frizz too, so I'm sticking to traditional gel formulas because I get better/less crunchy results from them.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by DurbanChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product worked fine the first few times I used it. In the beginning, it seemed to have a gel-like consistency when I sprayed it onto my roots and it did give my roots a lot of lift, and I actually liked the product but not even a quarter way through the bottle, it lost its effectiveness and it seems more thinner in consistency (not gel-like anymore). This product does not do too much for me anymore and I'm not even halfway through the bottle. I will be looking for a different root lifting spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mle79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im always on the hunt to find the perfect root lifter for my fine hair! I had a more expensive product in my hand when I walked down the aisle and saw this. I decided to give it a go and YESSSS! Im actually shocked this works so well. Will buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by missbroke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is one of the products I can't live without. I have tried so many so called root lifters to give some volume to my fine hair. I am currently trying Goldwell and although I would say Goldwell is pretty good (besides the unpleasant smell) the pantene is just a tad better and sooo much cheaper.
Tips for using:
It is very important NOT to use TOO MUCH and apply it ONLY TO ROOTS of your hair. If you apply it all over, your hair will feel kinda gross and look dull. This is what I do. First I section the hair that is wet in straight lines with a comb and spray it along the line to the ROOT only. Keep doing that all over your head. Then blow dry with hair upside down. The volume I get is amazing, it smells great and if applied sparingly and properly your hair will feel natural and not sticky icky and still be shiny.
FYI-This is not discontinued just a name and bottle change. Its the new FINE hair collection root lifter. They just changed the bottle a few years ago so I don't know why pantene keeps changing the lines every year it seems. Its so confusing when they really are the same products they are selling.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by snorgren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm SO disappointed with this product. I had really high hopes after reading all the great reviews, but this did nothing for my pretty much straight, fine hair. It was literally like I was putting nothing on as far as volumizing goes. And if my hair got the least bit dry, it made it crunchy and frizzy. I really wanted this to work since I was getting so bored with my Redken root lifter, but I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. Maybe if your hair isn't quite so fine it will work better for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by charliendave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the way it feels and smells in my hair, and I do notice a little lift. Nothing crazy though, so I think if I want big volume I would have to use this with something else to make it really work. But I like the way my hair turns out when I use it, and it doesn't weigh down my hair. Its also not sticky or gummy like some I have used, I can still get my fingers or comb through with no catching. (My hair is super fine and thin, shoulder length - just fyi)