Pantene Volumizing Root Lifter Spray Gel

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

My hair is super thin and fine and has zero volume. I have to do every trick in the book to get volume. I was nervous about this stuff because of the words spray gel. I have tried spray gels in the past and have disliked them all. The gel always gets the nozzle on congested and doesn't spray evenly and it just doesn't do anything for me. The words spray gel seem misleading on this product because it is clearly a thin liquid (maybe I'm wrong but it seems like all the others I have tried were thicker formulas?). It sprays evenly to the roots and surprise surprise it really added volume for me!! I still have to do all of my other tricks but this stuff adds nicely to my routine.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Does absolutely nothing for my fine, dry hair but weigh it down and leave a film on my hair.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This dies nothing to my hair. No volume, or anything. Sometimes the spray even stops working.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros

- thickens

Cons

- very little volume
- dries hair out

Comments: I do like how my hair looks and feels a lot thicker, but it also feels very dry and doesn't really have much lift.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is one of Pantene's best products: quality ingredients, not a drop of drying alcohol like most of their products; surprising as I consider most of their hair lines deadly for the hair. Even more important to me, they test on animals, so no thank you, and goodbye.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Stay. Away. Made my hair FLAT and OILY.

Did some weird things to my hair, didn't like the way it looked. Still had some frizz too, so I'm sticking to traditional gel formulas because I get better/less crunchy results from them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This product worked fine the first few times I used it. In the beginning, it seemed to have a gel-like consistency when I sprayed it onto my roots and it did give my roots a lot of lift, and I actually liked the product but not even a quarter way through the bottle, it lost its effectiveness and it seems more thinner in consistency (not gel-like anymore). This product does not do too much for me anymore and I'm not even halfway through the bottle. I will be looking for a different root lifting spray.

Im always on the hunt to find the perfect root lifter for my fine hair! I had a more expensive product in my hand when I walked down the aisle and saw this. I decided to give it a go and YESSSS! Im actually shocked this works so well. Will buy again and again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the products I can't live without. I have tried so many so called root lifters to give some volume to my fine hair. I am currently trying Goldwell and although I would say Goldwell is pretty good (besides the unpleasant smell) the pantene is just a tad better and sooo much cheaper.
Tips for using:
It is very important NOT to use TOO MUCH and apply it ONLY TO ROOTS of your hair. If you apply it all over, your hair will feel kinda gross and look dull. This is what I do. First I section the hair that is wet in straight lines with a comb and spray it along the line to the ROOT only. Keep doing that all over your head. Then blow dry with hair upside down. The volume I get is amazing, it smells great and if applied sparingly and properly your hair will feel natural and not sticky icky and still be shiny.
FYI-This is not discontinued just a name and bottle change. Its the new FINE hair collection root lifter. They just changed the bottle a few years ago so I don't know why pantene keeps changing the lines every year it seems. Its so confusing when they really are the same products they are selling.

Popular Styling Products