October 22, 2014 | 1336 users online

Styling Products - Pantene - Scrunching Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kellyisamazing

I am in love with this product. I have been using it for a couple months now. I have curly medium length hair and i have never found a product thats works this well on my hair! Im not much of a fan of Gel's but this is the only exception. Usually gel's leave my hair with a crunchy feeling that sometimes flakes. But what's different about this gel is that when you put it on and it completely dry's it starts of crunchy. But this grotesque feeling doesn't last long. Once your hair is completely dry and you start to feel the crunch, all you have to do is scrunch the crunch out. And after this is done it leaves your hair so soft to the touch, with an extremely natural feel. Another great thing is most gel's you have to watch to make sure your not putting too much in your hair so that it weighs down, with this product you can never have too much and the end results wont change. Usually I use more when i want my hair looking extra curly.

The only Con to this product is that the container it comes in doesn't last me very long, but other than that I love it.

Pro's: extremely cheap( 3-4$ )
leaves your hair so light and natural

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by orchestrated19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite curl-shaping product I've used thus far. I've gone through creames, mousses, sprays, gels... you name it. This one beats them all. It doesn't leave your hair hard or crunchy, it gives the right amount of curl, and my hair still looks and feels pretty soft by the end of the day. Not to mention it stays curly too! If you want a curling product that you can just scrunch into your hair while it's wet, something that you can put in when you're in a rush, this is the best for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by kirstyb

I have used this in both the scrunching gel & spray gel. Both are great at taming my wavy/curly hair. The spray seems to have a slightly stronger hold and can go a bit crunchy if over-used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Redbutterfly

In general, I think this is an excellent drugstore gel. It provided great hold for my naturally curly/wavy, dry, color-treated, fine hair. It left my curls and waves, shiny, soft and moisturized. My hair was also full of body with no frizz. There was no stickiness. (In fact, the gel rinses off your hands with plain water, even though it has a silicone ingredient.) I used it over a leave-in conditioner and had a little bit of flaking. (I'm not sure if the flaking was because of using the gel with leave-in or due to the gel alone. I may have used too much gel.) The small amount of flaking was easy to gently dab out of my hair. I was even able to get three days of curls out of one gel application. I simply reactivated curls by wetting my palms with water and running my hands through my hair. The price is a little expensive for such a small tube of gel. I wish they made a larger size. But I'm just glad this gel is available and I hope they never reformulate it or discontinue it. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I really wanted to like this product...Unfortunately, I was not satisfied and I returned it. What I liked about this gel was the fresh scent, it did not flake or cause buildup/residue, it is non-sticky, controled frizz, and worked better on my hair than Tresseme's Bouncy Curls gel. What I didn't like about this gel was that it made my hair somewhat dried out, even when i mixed it with a bit of serum.Overall, I will not be repurchasing this gel, but in fairness, it is MUCH better than the other gels/styling products from Pantene. This is a decent d/s gel, just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by angel31

I have purchased this gel again and again. It gives me consistantly decent hair days for my thick, dry curly/wavy hair. Although I continue on the search for the 'perfect' product, I always come back this one. I have used it on its own, as well as in conjunction with other products. I hope they never discontinue this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by curlytexan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the gel I use everyday. I stopped trying other products because this one is perfect for me. I've been using it for about 2 years and I have no plans to stop. I have neck length curly hair and after a dollup of scrunching this into my hair I let it air dry, a little hair spray and I'm done. No further styling required. It makes my hair bouncy and shiny, doesn't make those white flakes after it dries, my hair is still soft and touchable, not crunchy, my curls stay in place all day, no drooping or frizzing. It's a simple product that works really well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Jake

I have come back to this a few times and it really works well on my fine, naturally curly hair. I usually use in conjunction with another product, either over a mousse or mix together with a cream (like noodle head) and get great results. I don't mind a little crunch at first, once I scrunch my hair when it's mostly dry the crunch goes away and I get great definition that lasts.If I use product that doesn't have a little crunch at first, my hair usually ends up a bit unruly eventually. And, as others have said, you cannot beat the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by pointoforder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The product I used is "Curl Defining Scrunching Gel, Extra Hold".

This is an OK gel but not amazing. It leaves a bit of a crunchy and stiff feel on my hair, but it does not flake. It can add some curl if you scrunch it through, but not amazing. I've used better curl enhancers.

At about $7.99 here in Canada, I will not likely repurchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by melissa_k

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have long, coarse wavy/curly hair. This gel left my hair smooth and frizz-free. The gel has a nice scent to it that does not linger. As long as it is not applied heavily, my hair stays quite soft and does not get crunchy. This is my second time buying this product and I will probably buy it again unless it suddenly stops cooperating with my hair.