September 1, 2014 | 2219 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim while returning something at sephora and it made my day just to buy this thing, I was so excited!

I had always seen others use this (and recommend it) and never really thought it would be of much use until I swatched no.4 on my hands and I fell in love as soon as I saw the colors
They are so versatile its like having a bunch of products in one palette and I can even color correct and color match and....even use this as a blush/bronzer! (I'm thinking of mixing the orange with the second darkest shade that's a little orangey on it's own and it reminds me of this MUFE blush I really wanted to buy)
The price put me off though until I realized that technically I would spend fifty bucks just trying to find a good color corrector or a concealer to match me properly and another one for the summer and on and on
(Plus technically it costs ten bucks per color which is like drugstore prices)

The product is quite creamy, which I hope won't be a bad thing for me as my skin is so oily, there's no smell as far as I can tell, the coverage can be chosen by the user by how much you swirl your finger in the product so that's always a plus considering sometimes too much of the orange color could make you look strange, the texture is SO NICE and I can't think of the proper word to describe it at the moment so that's all I'm going to say. Overall, I think it's a great buy if you're thinking of using this for multiple things.

Overall, I would recommend this and repurchase it in a heartbeat! It really is worth your money

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by missamanthann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette in No. 1 (with the green-based concealer) because I am very fair skinned and have a lot of redness and acne that I wanted to cover up. I tried this out in Sephora, and while it is effective, you have to put a bit more work into it than a normal concealer to get it to stay and not look cakey.

So I start out by, after primer and powder, dabbing the green concealer on my problem areas (any acne, super redness, etc). Then I apply my liquid foundation like normal, stippling over the areas that I applied concealer to blend in everything. After I've applied my foundation, I will go back with the two lightest concealer shades to touch up any areas that still need coverage. You need very, very little to get full coverage, as anything more will look cakey. Also this is definitely not suitable for under eye coverage (it will crease). I have also found that it applies best with my fingers, which warms up the concealer a bit and makes it more blendable.

After I have concealed everything, I will set it with powder. I personally set it with MAC studio fix powder foundation (I laugh at the idea of "too much coverage), using the powder puff that comes with it to press and roll the foundation into the concealer. This is the number one difference between the concealer looking cakey and it looking natural. Yes it takes some work, but it really does cover up and conceal. It lasts all day and using all of these steps, I have never had an issue with a bump too red to cover.

This comes with five shades, but really only the first two are totally suitable for pale skin concealer. However, you can also use the darker two shades for contouring; just follow the same steps for setting with pressed powder to make it last and not look cakey. And $40 for five concealers (all of which go a very, very long way) is an unbeatable price in my opinion.

Reasons why you would not like this palette: (1) the amount of work involved. I already spend a lot of time on my makeup, so the extra couple minutes for full coverage is worth it to me, but if you're the type of person who likes to be ready in a couple minutes, you won't like this product. (2) It still looks like you're wearing makeup. I already look like I'm wearing foundation and concealer and everything, which I personally don't mind, but if you want to have the no-makeup makeup look, this won't be a good product for you. (3) You don't really need a color correcting concealer. I bought this almost solely for the green concealer and have ended up using the rest of the shades, but if you don't need the color correction, then one of the shades will be forever unused and you may deem that a waste.

Overall though, this palette is exactly what I needed for red, fair skin. The quality is good, coverage is excellent, and the amount of product for the price is incredible for a high-end brand. Yes it takes more work than the standard concealer but for those of us who cannot live with the angry red bumps on our face, it is completely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by gee1ny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this palette in no.1, the one with the green concealer. I love the concept of concealer palettes since you can customize the color to your liking. It's super convenient for me because I always seem to end up with the wrong shade when it comes to concealers or foundations. For that reason I really wanted to like it but I find that it is too creamy. Don't get me wrong, creamy can be a good thing since you can build the product up without the product caking up BUT it's too creamy that it tends to slide off, even with a setting powder. I would only recommend it to those who don't wear makeup for a long period of time like perhaps for photo shoots. For everyday though I would try the full coverage concealer instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by patootiecutie1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am pretty disappointed in this product, I purchased it to cover up pimples (eww) and the huge circles that I have under my eyes. It looks good for about 5 minutes and then it starts to look cakey, settles into the two lines I have under my eyes (which I didn't even realize were there until I started using this concealer!) and makes the pimples I was trying to cover more noticeable.

I've tried it with two different smashbox primers, elf, palladio, and a tarte primer... I give it time to settle and then set it with my MUFE setting powder and it still looks like crap..

For $45 I definitely expect more, needless to say I wont be repurchasing this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by chinkschinka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely amazing color from palette # 4 : (i use orange # 20) for correction and the yellow (i think #14) for highlighting.......BUT --- it is really poor quality. It dries real fast. Need to warm it up by rubbing fingers or heating it even in the microwave !!! But more than that , it dries up underneath my eyes. I have combination skin but very dry skin under the eyes and this product just does not spread easily...

If anyone knows any tips of how to use it better for dry skin , I would appreciate the help. Overall , great color for pigmentation/correction/ under eye dark circles but very poor quality application.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by itakethissrsly

This is my all time favorite concealer. I think it has the perfect consistency to dab on to blemishes or imperfections, but it is also blendable enough to use on dark circles. Although I have fairly pale skin, the more orange and yellow shades are perfect for camouflaging my imperfections.

However, make sure you get the right color palette for you! They were out of No. 1 last time I went to Sephora and the girl working there told me I would be able to use No. 2 by mixing shades together- not true! Even though No. 2 says its for light to medium skin tones, the shades were WAY too light for me (and I am very pale.) I believe No. 2 is meant for people with veryyy yellow undertones; I am neutral and it did not work for me at all. No. 1 is perfect though!

I also really wish that they would sell these individually at Sephora. I don't need the green at all and end up running out of the yellowish and orangey shades months before I run out of the paler shades,

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by monicaroon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Liquid concealers don't do any coverage for me what-so-ever when I needed so I got this cream concealer product and it's decent, it's not amazing coverage, but it does cover.
I would not repurchase it. Quite expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by BeautyLove02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the kit with the green #1. I gave this four lippies because it is great at concealing..which is what it is meant for. I actually bought it because I can't seem to find MUFE's Sculpt Duo for contouring anywhere and I thought maybe this would be just as good for contouring. It really wasn't. The colors are too similar and there is really no contrast for it to serve that purpose. Maybe it you had both the light #1 and the dark #4. Anyway, as a concealer it blended easily for me (on top of foundation) and seemed to go on much better with a concealer brush instead of my fingers. It didn't settle into fine lines and the lightest shade brightened my eyes up. The green, I used under foundation to cancel out redness and then put the light concealer and foundation over it. Then set with a powder and it stays for around 6 hours. Which is fine for me, as my skin is fairly oily and I can't expect much more. I do recommend this as it has shades that will work when skin warms up in the summer and for when palest in winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by catherinegosselin

Best concealer ever. I'm not kidding, I've gone through so many different concealers, I've tried pretty everything on the market. I've got everything from bad under-eye circles to blemishes to hyperpigmentation, and this was perfect. Granted, it was 43$, but it's basically the only concealer I need. I bought mine last year (I have no.1, the green one) and I've hit pan on two of them, but still have a ton of product left, and I use it every day! Will absolutely repurchase, it's so worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good palette (I have the one with the green in it) but I only use three of the colours. The green to cover redness, the peach for under eye circles and the middle colour for blemishes. It was very pricey (I think about $60AU) and the packaging is cheap and crappy (the hinge on the lid broke after a while). However the concealer itself is very good, and all the colours I use work very well. They are nice and creamy and easy to apply.