July 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien Sunessence Edition Or D'Ambre

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by jhoughton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful summer fragrance that actually has staying power. The addition of kiwi makes this different from anything else out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Being an Alien lover I felt I had to try this. I was wrong and right.
It has very little to do with the original Alien.Even the jasmine is completely altered by the fresh kiwi note.
But what a fragrance!
Gorgeously fresh, but not aquatic, it's juicy, creamy and quite powdery because of the vanilla orchid notes.
It dries down to a beautiful woody vanilla skinscent, with a little jasmine flower hovering over it. Real jasmine, not the artificial one found in the original Alien.
As the reviewer below stated: it is ever changing, and allways lovely.
On my skin, it lasts more then nine hours, but the last three of four are that lovely woody vanilla scent that has no sillage anymore.

I voted that I wouldn't buy it again because I don't think I love it enough to buy a back up bottle and by the time I'll run out of it there won't be any left on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Holmes7575

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Let me start by saying that I never heard of or used Alien by Thierry Mugler
I was in Nordstrom and was looking for a new perfume; my usual was Dior Petite Cherie
And old stand by from the 90ís Byblos. I tried this on as my body chemistry is quite acidic and can turn some beautiful perfume to a horrible smell... EWW so sad.
Anyway, I tried this on and it was Love... I bought and loved it, my only and it is a big gripe is that it lasts 2 hours on me. I have to spray it very heavily to have some staying power. I also layer it with vanilla oil, to change the scent a little. Love it. wish it came in an eau de perfume instead. The sent is ever changing, first kind of strong and then settles to a soft violet, vanilla, floral; I really donít know how to describe it.
It is a must try, I say buy it before it is GONE

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by mrosen3030

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the original Alien and I love it....just not for every day. I've bought the summer editions of Angel before, but not Alien, so Sunessence Or D'Ambre was *it* for me! Because I have THAT much faith, I ordered in online without smelling it first. Not disappointed.

As the previous reviewer mentioned, it is the vanilla that softens it. It still has the prominent Alien jasmine, but with a golden softness that can be more practically worn every day and during the summer months. It still has the unique mystery of the original....so it is pretty much the best of both worlds, in my opinion.

My gripe is that it doesn't last on me as the original Alien does.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by FACEON

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had the opposite experience to the previous poster....
I've usually steered clear of Alien and its flankers in the past, as to me, there is something wierd and plasticky smelling about most of them....
but when I tested this version it really surprised me! (in a nice way) - there's a softness to it that's missing from the original.....
The soft vanilla is very prominent in this perfume and the whole perfume dries down to a lovely warm amber base.
I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist and can't wait to buy it...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love all things Alien. I love Thierry Mugler in general. But this is a miss for me. The bottle in real life seems loose, like it is cracked at the top, even though I bought it in a deparment store and it was sealed. The colours, the pink/orange don't exist in real life, it's just all goldish. The top feels cheap and plasticky. But all would've been well if the scent worked.

It doesn't. It has something in it that is sharp, not sour, not horrible, but it gets into the throat and I cough and cough. I've tried it on three separate days and I cannot get rid of that cough. Once I get the cough, it takes a day to get rid of it, or at least until I shower. There is something in it that really irritates the throat. It may be just me, or it is something else. It is very spicy incidentally, and although one can smell the Alien in it, it isn't soft and feminine but harsh. I cannot see why someone would wear this on a hot summer day. It doesn't smell clean or fresh or green or wet or anything cooling - rather it is hot and suffocating. I am actually going to return it. Something is either wrong with it, or something is wrong with me, but I never had problems with a fragrance before physically bothering me. I suggest to you all to be sure to do a test first in case there is something in there that affects you to. Weird!