Napoleon Perdis Sheer Genius

3.4

on 7/25/2015 9:41:00 PM

This is a stunning product. It is so easy to apply, it feels like silk on your skin and it's so light you can hardly even feel it , yet offers an amazing coverage for even the worst of skin. It is a bit pricey, but is extremely long lasting and a large package which provides tonnes of product. I use this for every occasion from every day wear to my most fancy events, it's the make-up I chose for the year 12 ball and it's fantastic.

on 3/29/2015 10:11:00 PM

Love the product BUT i made the mistake of using a different primer. You NEED to use the auto pilot primer. I tried the Napoleon Set brand and it did nothing. So, if youre struggling with the foundation sinking into your pores and coming off easily, try the primer :)

on 1/16/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Did not like this foundation at all! Gave nice coverage, and smooth look when originally applied, but fades quickly and gets splotchy within a few hours. For the price this is, it is not worth it at all, would not recommend this product

on 1/11/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this in the sample size in a free gift and it seems quite nice. Because its a bit light for me I use it as a highlight and it blends nicely and looks natural. It also didn't break me out and I have quite sensitive acne-prone skin. The only thing is I wouldn't really call it sheer its a watery consistency but its definitely sheer to medium coverage. It also smells like sunscreen but I like that :D

on 12/28/2013 7:05:00 PM

Having worked for this brand I have really good experience with their products. For me personally this foundation works really well. I have a bit of redness and this foundation covers really well (look 3), it's so pigmented that you hardly need any, just use a stippling brush to spread it out. The formula is really lightweight too so it looks more natural. The downsides to this product are definitely the packaging and the limited colour range. NP colours vary between products and tend to be more pink based with the exception of a few. The price is comparable to MAC (in NZ) so I think it's fair but of course I wish it was cheaper. This foundation is great for medium coverage, I also use a mineral powder to set mine. If you are looking for a heavier full coverage try the stick.

on 12/11/2013 8:51:00 AM

When purchasing this product you have to weigh up a few things. Is the price of $72 AUS worth the small 30mls it has? Personally I love this product; but due to the price it is saved for special occasions. Like most of Napoleons other products; I find it a brilliant foundation with medium coverage in which a little goes a long way. It feels brilliantly light and leaves my skin looking flawless. The only other downside is the packaging; in which there is no pump. When I went to get my makeup done the makeup artist suggested using a cotton ear bud and place it on your hand first. This for me saves a lot of mess and waste of product. All in all; it's a great foundation, but the price and packaging make me sit on the fence on whether I will be buying it again. If you have money to spare; go for it!

on 10/27/2013 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I rated this 4 because there were many downsides but the formula and its longevity are amazing.
price was a no no = $72 AUD for 30ml
smell= no no, it is slightly strong but does fade in the day.
range of colours= BIG NO NO. there are only 5 or 6, and they are all either too pink, orange oompa colour or just plain weird. i am nc35 skin tone. nothing suits. NOTHING.
PACKAGING= OMG TERRIBLE
i bought this because i came back from a holiday very tanned. the look 4 suited me, thats how dark i was. in about 10 days, the colour was way dark already because i was started to fade. look 3 runs way to red, and more like an nw30. the packaging is a nice cylindrical bottle, with no pump. you have to pour out the liquid from a little hole at the top and it is very hard to keep clean. it isnt a nice big hole like ELDW or Studio Fix Fluid. Its a little crappy hole.
the finis is semi-matte. you can powder if you want to, but i like the semi-matte look.
the fluid is quite runny with a smell to it. it does fade. the colour blends into my face so well and has a med-high coverage. it sits over my MAC pro-longwear concealer so well and lasts on my oily skin for about 8 hours before looking dewy. at 10 hours i am an oil slick.
i often mix this now with an Estee Lauder Invisible fluid make up because thats how much i love it. there are many downsides to this product but it is close to a holy grail foundation for me. i would repurchase this in a heartbeat if they had my colour available, but because it is so expensive and they have such a limited colour range, i probably wont.

on 9/23/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first, I thought the color was a little bit orange but, when I applied it on my face, it blend nicely, very match with my skin tone. It also light and having a full coverage (my acne prone was covered without me used any concealer). Since I have an oily face, this fdt also have great oil control (I usually used 4-5 blotting papers a day, but with this fdt, I'm only used 2 blotting papers). For the first 4 hour since applied, this fdt have a matte smooth finish, but after 4 hours later, my face looks very cakey and turns into orange, it seems like I putting mask or something in my face! Definitely won't repurchase

on 6/30/2013 6:00:00 AM

I have been using this foundation in the Look #3 for about 3 years now but unfortunately its time for a change. When I first tried it I loved it!! I find that as a liquid it applys very well to your face and drys with a very nice finish. I have had a lot of trouble with colouring and have found that this colour holds a lot of orange pigmentation- I tried the colour below and it was too light. I have tried other napoleon foundations however this has been my favourite! I would be happy to stay with it however the problems with colour and blending are getting to bad. Too many people keep telling me that I look orange and I find it hard to blend evenly around my neck and mouth - it seems to get thicker thair. I used this foundation with the camera finish powder however I don't think it is necessary. It stays on well and has a great feel! The price is pretty high. The bottle is ok- i used to pour a little bit onto the lid and use my brush to apply it. The orange pigments are definitely what let this foundation down!!

on 5/16/2013 6:43:00 AM

For me this is a lovely sheer foundation. It provides me with a gorgeous glow. I have had many compliments.

I apply this using and hourglass kabuki brush for a sheer, flawless coverage and it works like a dream. It has reasonable staying power. I applied this at 7am and it still looked perfect at 2pm, by 5pm though it had worn off.

I am happy with my purchase and will buy again.