September 14, 2014 | 2106 users online

Liquid - Napoleon Perdis - Sheer Genius

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by joanna721

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Did not like this foundation at all! Gave nice coverage, and smooth look when originally applied, but fades quickly and gets splotchy within a few hours. For the price this is, it is not worth it at all, would not recommend this product

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cassieandco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in the sample size in a free gift and it seems quite nice. Because its a bit light for me I use it as a highlight and it blends nicely and looks natural. It also didn't break me out and I have quite sensitive acne-prone skin. The only thing is I wouldn't really call it sheer its a watery consistency but its definitely sheer to medium coverage. It also smells like sunscreen but I like that :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Chippie83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having worked for this brand I have really good experience with their products. For me personally this foundation works really well. I have a bit of redness and this foundation covers really well (look 3), it's so pigmented that you hardly need any, just use a stippling brush to spread it out. The formula is really lightweight too so it looks more natural. The downsides to this product are definitely the packaging and the limited colour range. NP colours vary between products and tend to be more pink based with the exception of a few. The price is comparable to MAC (in NZ) so I think it's fair but of course I wish it was cheaper. This foundation is great for medium coverage, I also use a mineral powder to set mine. If you are looking for a heavier full coverage try the stick.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by trishacandice

When purchasing this product you have to weigh up a few things. Is the price of $72 AUS worth the small 30mls it has? Personally I love this product; but due to the price it is saved for special occasions. Like most of Napoleons other products; I find it a brilliant foundation with medium coverage in which a little goes a long way. It feels brilliantly light and leaves my skin looking flawless. The only other downside is the packaging; in which there is no pump. When I went to get my makeup done the makeup artist suggested using a cotton ear bud and place it on your hand first. This for me saves a lot of mess and waste of product. All in all; it's a great foundation, but the price and packaging make me sit on the fence on whether I will be buying it again. If you have money to spare; go for it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

I rated this 4 because there were many downsides but the formula and its longevity are amazing.
price was a no no = $72 AUD for 30ml
smell= no no, it is slightly strong but does fade in the day.
range of colours= BIG NO NO. there are only 5 or 6, and they are all either too pink, orange oompa colour or just plain weird. i am nc35 skin tone. nothing suits. NOTHING.
PACKAGING= OMG TERRIBLE
i bought this because i came back from a holiday very tanned. the look 4 suited me, thats how dark i was. in about 10 days, the colour was way dark already because i was started to fade. look 3 runs way to red, and more like an nw30. the packaging is a nice cylindrical bottle, with no pump. you have to pour out the liquid from a little hole at the top and it is very hard to keep clean. it isnt a nice big hole like ELDW or Studio Fix Fluid. Its a little crappy hole.
the finis is semi-matte. you can powder if you want to, but i like the semi-matte look.
the fluid is quite runny with a smell to it. it does fade. the colour blends into my face so well and has a med-high coverage. it sits over my MAC pro-longwear concealer so well and lasts on my oily skin for about 8 hours before looking dewy. at 10 hours i am an oil slick.
i often mix this now with an Estee Lauder Invisible fluid make up because thats how much i love it. there are many downsides to this product but it is close to a holy grail foundation for me. i would repurchase this in a heartbeat if they had my colour available, but because it is so expensive and they have such a limited colour range, i probably wont.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

At first, I thought the color was a little bit orange but, when I applied it on my face, it blend nicely, very match with my skin tone. It also light and having a full coverage (my acne prone was covered without me used any concealer). Since I have an oily face, this fdt also have great oil control (I usually used 4-5 blotting papers a day, but with this fdt, I'm only used 2 blotting papers). For the first 4 hour since applied, this fdt have a matte smooth finish, but after 4 hours later, my face looks very cakey and turns into orange, it seems like I putting mask or something in my face! Definitely won't repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by susiek4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation in the Look #3 for about 3 years now but unfortunately its time for a change. When I first tried it I loved it!! I find that as a liquid it applys very well to your face and drys with a very nice finish. I have had a lot of trouble with colouring and have found that this colour holds a lot of orange pigmentation- I tried the colour below and it was too light. I have tried other napoleon foundations however this has been my favourite! I would be happy to stay with it however the problems with colour and blending are getting to bad. Too many people keep telling me that I look orange and I find it hard to blend evenly around my neck and mouth - it seems to get thicker thair. I used this foundation with the camera finish powder however I don't think it is necessary. It stays on well and has a great feel! The price is pretty high. The bottle is ok- i used to pour a little bit onto the lid and use my brush to apply it. The orange pigments are definitely what let this foundation down!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by eskimojoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me this is a lovely sheer foundation. It provides me with a gorgeous glow. I have had many compliments.

I apply this using and hourglass kabuki brush for a sheer, flawless coverage and it works like a dream. It has reasonable staying power. I applied this at 7am and it still looked perfect at 2pm, by 5pm though it had worn off.

I am happy with my purchase and will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by darkangelslave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not sure as to what to think about this foundation. After fairly good reviews on here about it gliding on easy etc. I bought it (Luckily for me at 40% off). I am unsure, I stippled it on and it looked heavy and zinc like. I put it on with a sponge and it dried too quickly to blend, also it highlighted my dry spots HORRIBLY. I was dissapointed in the fact that this foundation was advertised as a "radiant finish", don't be fooled, even without powder its as matte as matte can be. It made me feel really flat and dull. I've tried multiple primers underneath and it doesn't smooth on nicely. I haven't tried it with the Napoleon Auto-Piolet primer because it breaks me out. So at the moment until i can discover the right pre-foundation routine for this product I can only give it 3 stars. It earned that because I love the fact it's oil free (like all of Napoleon's foundations), the colour (Look 1) is PERFECT for my fairly light yellow based skin and the texture is amazing. I just wish the finish was as amazing as the texture. Will keep trying to apply it differently until I hit the right routine, and will keep you posted!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I still like this fdt. It gives enough coverage for everyday wear and does not look masky, even with powder on. Unfortunately, it's still too pricy for me.

I've been curious about NP fdts. for a long time now. I never bought any because they're so bloody expensive.

My local Dillards carries this now so I decided to try it. The nice SA gave me a good sample of this in #2, which is a perfect match color-wise. The texture is very fluid and easy to blend. Coverage is a little less than light - especially for the name - but definitely more than so many fdts. that boast of "good coverage." I put it on clean, dry face, and set it with a bit of powder (not too much). Lasted pretty well for 5 hours, though I would definitely have to powder my nose at this stage, if I were out, not just doing some at home road-testing. Not a bad fdt.

Having said that, I would not buy it. It's too expensive for a fdt. I would use just to "play around."