September 15, 2014 | 1816 users online

Liquid - Revlon - SPA Age Defying Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Jane2u

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This has been discontinued but am writing a review hoping Revlon will take a peek and re-package this product and make it available once again.

With a bit of face moisturizer or primer, this was an awesome foundation --not visible in the most harsh sunlight (the problem I have experienced with other foundation/concealers -you go out in the Sun and everyone can see that your face is painted), did not run off with water or sweat, lasted all day and gave a really good glow to the face. This was even without the face illuminator by Revlon (which I also bought and love).
    I used the Fair shade which somehow looked great on my Medium -Tan skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am NW10-15, pretty fair, so finding a drugstore foundation in my shade has always been a challenge. I bought this in 010 Bare Light, the lightest shade. It is probably a good match for NW15, slightly dark for me, but easily blendable. The foundation has a floral scent that is a little over the top, not a big fan. The coverage is minimal, about the same as with a tinted moisturizer. However, this foundation HIGHLIGHTED my flaws, blemishes, pores, skin textures... there seems to be light diffusing particles in the formula, which made it look like there was a spotlight on my face. This is a definite no-buy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by scorpio3813

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I picked this up at Tuesday Morning which is a sure sign it's a discontinued product. But I purchased it because I love, love, love the Revlon Spa Illuminator. I got the medium shade for 2 reasons.....1) that's my skintone, and 2) that's all they had. :-)

Ladies, if you don't like the brush applicator, removing it is very simple. Just grasp it with your fingers and pull it off. It will usually come off in 2 or 3 pieces. I did that as soon as I got back to work....it's easy. But if that doesn't work, pull out your lady pliers and do it.

So far, I think I'm going to like this. I've only tried it on the back of my hand and I thought I might have put on too much, but it spreads and evens out pretty well. The medium seems to have a pink undertone to me, although another reviewer said it had yellow undertones.

As for the smell/fragrance....not the best in the world. Smells a little plastic-y to me, but nothing that's going to cause me to trash it. It doesn't smell as good as the Spa Illuminator for sure, but it doesn't smell like garbage either.

I think I'll definitely get my $4.99 out of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kits4cat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on clearance, thought I would try it since I like the Spa Illuminator from Revlon. Just like the Illuminator, the brush is awful, but pulls out easily with pliers. Then, the packaging is perfect! I will update my review at a later time, because I tried it while having more breakouts than usual. Coverage seemed good, but not sure if it made me breakout or just stress...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by noyoudient

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am 53 and have super oily skin.. Have hormonal brak outs, pores that need to be minimized. I never buy anything thats not for oily skin... but I saw this on sale for under $3.00. So I bought it. My skin does not get oily in a few hours like it does with other foundations made for oily skin. In fact it stays fairly matt all day. The coverage is great! I am so surprised by this product. I dont mind the brush at all, but I smooth it all out after the application. I am going to see if I can find more and stock up! I have tried some of the most expensive foundations and never been as happy as I am with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by zarra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this may have been discontinued. Why is it when everyone loves a product the company decides to quit making it?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by underage

Like many others, I bought this because it was cheap. I honestly hate this foundation. The SMELL is awful. It smells like burnt chocolate. I hate it. It goes away after but I just hate smelling it while applying it. The brush applicator makes the foundation go on streaky. I used a different brush and it made it less streaky but I still don't like how it looks. It's pretty light coverage and leaves a dewy finish. I wouldn't repurchase even if it was $1. May work for some people but I believe there are far better foundations out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like most people, I also bought this on whim for $2 at CVS on clearance. I really like Revlon's Colorstay in Combination/Oily, so I thought I'd give it a try since I had nothing to lose with the ridiculous price. I bought it in 003 Light.

Honestly, I had no expectation for this foundation. I have oily skin, so I wasn't sure if this would work, since the consistency is kind of creamy and I thought it would glide off my skin in the summer heat. But I was wrong! This product really evens out my skin texture, minimize my big pores, and provides medium coverage without feeling like heavy foundation. It actually feels more like a tinted moisturizer, which I love since it's so hot outside these days.

Not really excited about the packaging, though. I'm not sure why I have to dispense it through the crappy brush, and I wonder why someone thought that was a good idea. I just use my fingers to apply and smooth it onto my face.

Also, it looked kind of dark for me in the tube, but it blends out lighter than it looks. I found a way to make it work for my NC25 skin in the summer. After applying this, I dust my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transluscent all over my face, which makes the foundation seem a tad lighter and makes it suit my skin tone much better.

My mom actually commented that my face looked so natural and my skin looked so beautiful. After she said that, I immediately went to three local CVS and Rite Aids and bought four extras, just in case they decide to discontinue this product. Glad I found it, and glad it was so cheap!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have this in the shade Medium which is yellow-toned and it is a good match for me. I was in need of a sheer coverage foundation and this worked out nicely. It gave me a light dewy finish and although coverage is light, it evens out the redness on my cheeks nicely. I find that it's not the best at controlling oily skin because I still looked a little shiny with this so be sure to set it with powder. I also don't like the brush tip on the foundation. It's rather unhygienic and find it best to just "dot" on the skin then blend with my regular foundation brush (usually sigma F80 or the ELF flat top one).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by goily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like many other reviewers, I picked this up at a 75% off deal at CVS (hope that doesn't mean they are getting rid of it). So, I thought for about $2 I'd try a new makeup out if it doesn't work I'm not out a bunch of money. I have very oily skin, large pores, redness, blackheads, and occasional pimple. This goes on so smooth, even, and makes my skin look almost flawless. So many foundations look cakey, and the oily makes them feel and look like it is sliding off my face. Not this, I was so surprised, b/c it is not marketed to be the miracle foundation for oily skin. I've worn it over the last month and a half in all kinds of temps, and it still looks decent at the end of the day. I'll be buying this at full price again!