Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

4.2

TF Tobacco-Vanille smell delicious, top note is a plum, fig tobacco is round and full body. very linear the smell doesn't change much except the vanilla take over in the dry down.the is a winter fragrance (even if I do not really believe in seasonal perfume) it is warm and cozy.

Having heard such great things about this, I spritzed myself on the wrist with this, and for the rest of the day, it smell like I was carrying around an open bag of pipe tobacco. I never got any of the vanilla, or any other notes, just tobacco & lots of it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like Tobacco Vanille mainly for its Tobacco part, to my nose it's not so much a scent first and foremost dominated by Vanilla. I also don't get a lot of clove which is a good thing, I don't know if I'd like the dentist reference in my perfume that cloves naturally imply for me. The tobacco in this fragrance is sweet and mellow and so well blended, without being loud or cloying. It's a cozy scent with presence and staying power on me and I can definitely see how this is unisex and can work beautifully on men as well. Café Rose, Santal Blush, Jasmine Rouge and Tobacco Vanille are the standouts of Tom Ford's Private Blends for me. I own all four and find them to be unique perfumes. I will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's smooth, mellow unburned vanilla pipe tobacco, seasoned with clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, dried berries, honey bourbon. Reminds me of winter holiday treats, rum raisin cake and spiced cider. My mom used to take apples and stick lots of cloves in them to leave around the house on Christmas, and this fragrance reminds me a bit of that as well. I find the spice dies down before the rest of it, so I'm left with toasty, warm vanilla with a hint of chewy tobacco. Relaxed and sophisticated. Delicious without being overly gourmand. Perfectly unisex and very well crafted, great cold weather scent.
I love it and keep a large decant around. One day I'll get a full bottle.
Good longevity and sillage. One of the best private blends, IMO.
Took off a mark because the price of PBs is too high, period.

EDIT/ADD - I went through a few decants, rollerball and vial types, loving it the whole time. So I ended up buying a full bottle and found that when sprayed on, it was way too much tobacco and not enough of anything else. I even tried spraying and walking through the mist, but still didn't like it at all. Almost two different fragrances. I couldn't wear it sprayed on; I returned it to Nordstrom. I prefer dabbing or rolling, so will only keep smaller decants around. I've no interest in self decanting, so I'll continue to use S2C.

I met this man, in his late 40s and on our first date he wore this fragrance ... OMG! It's amazing I fell in love with it there and then. It's strong, sweet, exotic, spicy, all in one and so well blended. I love it.
I love it on him but i also love it on me too. I can see both men and women wearing this. It's bold and unisex.
Very nice staying power, a little goes a long way, which is good it's a very expensive fragrance.
I would definitely recommend it, but make sure you get a sample first cause it is a bold fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really not a fan of this scent. It's far too loud and sweet. Maybe it's because everyone and his brother wears it, but it just doesn't do it for me. In fact, it makes me feel sick when I smell it. I wanted to like it, it has interesting notes, but something doesn't connect for me here.

It's hard to describe this unusual scent, it almost reminds me of something I smelled long ago from childhood, baking, cookies, apple pies, maybe my grandmothers house? Not that it's bad thing,... Still deciding what or where exactly this memory is being evoked.. It's not unpleasant by any means, probably would be best suited for winter due to the spicy vanilla-ness... I'll give an update when I'm more certain though 😊

I am by no means a fragrance expert so please excuse this vague description as I will not go to all the top, middle and base note stuff as I know nothing about it. What I know is that I am absolutely obsessed with this fragrance.

First of all I love vanilla and I love it in perfume but at the same time I don't like perfumes to be heavy and over sweetened. This is why when choosing the fragrance I usually go for something that has vanilla in it but broken by vetiver or other ingredient typically regarded as masculine. So Tom Ford TV opens on my skin as a pure fresh tobacco, and as such, it is far too strong and too masculine for my taste, but within minutes it transforms to this lovely, warm but not overwhelming and not too sweet smokey vanilla. From this point it only gets better. When the fragrance is fully developed, it is sweet (vanilla) but fresh at the same time with a hint of tobacco. Absolutely divine. I personally wouldn't describe it as oriental (it is like that only for the first 10 minutes) or reserved for winter months only fragrance. On my skin it is sweet, warm and fresh. Not heavy at all. It has a great staying power too.

I have seen many reviews saying that this fragrance is more for men, even if it is retailed as 'unisex'. Well, the way it is on my skin, I could not imagine a man wearing it...

I would highly recommend this fragrance to anyone who's a fan of warm, rich but not overwhelming fragrances, however, I would also recommend to get a sample first and wear it for a while before splurging on a whole bottle.

I can't get TF private collection where I live, and even if I did, I can't afford it. I was in Charleston this past week and happened upon a lovely cosmetics boutique that carried this line.

I love tobacco and I love vanilla so I made a beeline for this scent. The lovely SA gave me a generous sample. As someone mentioned, this is a sweet, lovely pipe tobacco scent. Others have already gone through the rest of the ingredients so I won't repeat that part. All in all, this is not my beloved Serge Lutens, but I do like it. I took one lippie off because the staying power is not the best (on me, anyway) and for the price I expect much more. I said I would not repurchase because it' s too expensive for me to even purchase it once, let alone several times.

If you are tired of the same old same old flowery, fruity, syrupy stuff that doesn't seem to go out of fashion (more's the pity), want to try something different, and money is not an issue, you might want to explore this. And I'd advise you to hurry before the anti-tobacco Gestapo goose-steps in and bans the use of this scent. "For our good," as per tyranny' s habitual excuse.

Edit: I now reach for Andy Tauers Vanilla Flash- Tauerville roll on when I want a deep smoky lush vanilla with rose and tobacco, and, since Vanilla Flash, I have basically ignored TV, FT, Guerlain SDV, tea for two, etc. Vanilla Flash is quite strong; I have the rollerball (I dislike spraying vanilla oriental scents as I believe that amplifies powdery aspects) and a dab on a writs is more than sufficient. I find Vanilla Flash sweet, but I am not a fan of gourmands, and SL Bois de fruits and Bois vanille are usually too sweet for my current tastes.

---
Two star meritorious, and would appeal to main stream taste and niche wallets, but i wouldn't reach for this sweet, simple fragrance often.

This opens on my skin as modern sweet scent strongly flavored with clove pipe tobacco and vanilla tinged with cherry. It does not change in dry down. But, it's not enough for me to buy a larger decant much less a bottle.

However, I am not a gourmand fan or a Tom ford fragrance fan; the only Tom ford I would like to try is the discontinued Velvet Gardenia.

My favorite tobacco smokey fragrances are: original Vintage Tabac Blond extrait; L'Artesan. Tea for Two; and, if I wanted a more complex, albeit also sweet, tobacco, an older version of Lutens Fumerie Turque. If I wanted a clove carnation, Floris Malmaison, EL Spellbound; Mitsouko extrait; If I want vanilla, it's usually vaguely orientalish in guerlainade or lutens.

Popular Fragrances