October 31, 2014 | 891 users online

Fragrances - Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you are looking for an unconventional, rich and opulent warm scent, try tobacco vanille. It is a strong perfume that has both silliage and lasting power. Starting out, TV is a rich pipe tobacco and honey. As it sits on my skin, both of those remain and it becomes more honeyed; not sickly sweet honey however. The vanilla note is there, but it is not on my skin anything like the vanilla that you'd typically find in common fragrances. TV's vanilla is subtle, gourmand, not at all cloying, not sweet, not anything like any vanilla body spray at the mall. A few years back we were on vacation in Deadwood, South Dakota. There is a tobacco shop there in Deadwood, where you can buy all sorts of fancy cigars and tobaccos. TV reminds me of the robust, warm scent of that store, a honeyed pipe tobacco at its finest. Think of expertly maintained deep cherry wood antique chairs with rich burgundy brocade seat pads, in a room with earthy dark brown and burgundy colors, a fireplace with simmering embers, and hardwood cherry wood flooring; that would be TV in décor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Earth-shatteringly beautiful. As a vanilla/gourmand devotee who is trying to build a more serious fragrance collection, some of the higher end fragrance houses can be intimidating. Tobacco Vanille seemed palatable enough so I procured it as a blind-buy. Upon initial spray, I was mystified. Swirls of earthy expensive cigar smoke woven with vanilla cream and kissed with spice. I couldn't take my nose from my wrist. With time, the scent evolved, becoming more robust and sweet, like a beautifully blended whiskey and a splash of Coke with a glossy, honeyed finish. Tobacco Vanille is simultaneously inviting and bold. I think I would loving smelling this on my SO just as much as I love wearing it. The longevity is just right and the scent screams sophistication and opulence in a sublimely androgynous way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by stls

Tom Ford Private Blends line is really interesting although too expensive. Found some of them fairly inadequate to be honest. I have tried Santal Blush (rich, spicy sandalwood), Noir de Noir (dark boozy rose liquor and tuber), Neroli Portofino (fresh summery orange blossom and bergamot), Black Violet (heavy masculine violet with lots of fruity notes and oakmoss), Cafe Rose (interesting semi-dry rose with hints of coffee), Lys Fume (spiced lily), Amber Absolute (sensual thick incense-y amber), Jasmin Rouge (true, warm jasmine), White Suede (suede and musk, a vintage-like skin/ leathery scent), Oud Wood (heavy oud and rosewood, more masculine than feminine), Tuscan Leather (smells exactly like a new leather accessory, I don't find it wearable personally), Urban Musk (slightly dirty, animalic musk), Champaca Absolute (now, that's weird, unusual ''dirty'' salty floral) and Tobacco Vanille so far.

Sure it's not ultra complex but has layers that unfold harmoniously, great sillage and longevity, you can certainy tell it's creative in it's simplicity and high quality.

The opening is mostly about dried tobacco leaves and a good amount of cloves. The vanilla becomes more prominent as it dries down and the cacao makes me think of freshly baked brownies but in a very abstract way. Since the woody notes are there as well I wouldn't say it smells edible at all, so don't worry about smelling like a desert.

I think a man can wear it easily; yes, it is sweet but not syrupy, with this amount the tobacco in the opening and the woods in the drydown it can't be a girly perfume really.

Overall I'm very pleased to have Tobacco Vanille in my collection since it's an unusual perfume with bold presence, major compliment getter and satisfies my tobacco cravings - no I'm not a smoker, just appreciate the scent - but seems to be a hit-or-miss as well so try before you buy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume, and so does my boyfriend (who has never worn perfume or body spray in his life). It is a very sexy, spicy perfume. It starts of smelling strongly of tobacco, cinnamon and cloves, then settles to a nice smoky vanilla scent. It is very strong and lasts well on my skin. I only need one spritz, but I usually do two or three. The packaging is also lovely, however the black heavy bottle may not appeal to everyone.

If you like rich, spicy or boozy scents with vanilla and spices, you will love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by aquadinka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite cold weather scent, I suspect that it is not really suited for the heat. This opens with a blast of tobacco, honey and a dash of cocoa. Overtime the cocoa fades and leaves you with a blend of cherry pipe tobacco and warm, sensual vanilla. It is a unisex and that's evidenced by the fact that my boyfriend loves the smell on me and likes to spritz some on himself as well. This is a very warm, comforting smell that makes me think of cozy sweaters by the fireplace. This differs from some of TF's other traditionally masculine notes (like in Tuscan Leather) that only very confident women wear and forces you to go out. The price tag is the only thing preventing me from buying a bottle(I have lots of samples!) and I've sought out replacements like Spicebomb and L'occitane's Eau Des Baux but nothing matches this one. Longevity is very nice, I can usually smell it 6 hours later.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

Major disappointment! When I tried this at NM it was wonderful but they were out of it, so they gave me a mighty hefty sample. It continued to be wonderful, then, ok, then: BAD and I mean horrible. It was actually overwhelming with the vanilla, this vanilla smells like something you cook with not a good expensive aroma, the tobacco is underwhelming. It took me a shower and rubbing alcahol to get this garbage off of me and still I could smell it. There are fragfances out there that have a 'cult' following that it seems are because of the designer or the price but not NOT on merit and this is one of them. An overrated fragrance at best...I've never smelled anything from the five and dime but I'm guessing they would come out like this. Disgusting!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

This is a very interesting one. A unisex gourmand scent with an amazing staying power, which, true to its name, smells exactly like a blend of tobacco and vanilla. However, after a while I notice that it also smells a lot like cocoa. I love it, it stays on for ages without using a lot, and it's not overpowering! Why is it so freaking expensive?!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Gypsygold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im totally obsessed with this fragrance, I love it. I find the rich vanilla-ish scent soothing, helps me ground myself in stressful/everyday life experiences!
Its potent, so you dont need much, and it lasts. I love putting on a sweater or jacket and smelling the lingering fragrance from the last time I wore it!
Keep in mind that is very strong, Ive had some sensitive to smell people complain....
If anyone that has bought this fragrance and doesnt like it, pls hit me up....I'd love to swap for this...evn paypal if the $ is reasonable!!!
Thanks my fellow beauty bandits, lmao!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great unisex perfume. It smells sexy and warm. Definitely a winter scent with notes of vanilla and tobacco. It has fantastic staying power and is just lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There are very few fragrances that make you feel like you've been transported to another world. Tabacco Vanille is one of them. Its luxurious and so damn sophiscated. Before Tom Fords started his perfume collection it was getting harder to find new high quality fragrances, with so many perfume producers opting for cheaply made or celebrity fragrances that had no art or craft to there creation. I applaud Mr Ford for not bowing to this trend.