April 17, 2014 | 1015 users online

Hair Color - Sun-In - Highlighting Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by chellelynnh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have medium length dirty blonde hair and my roots were growing in dark because of the lack of sun...and my hair is naturally curly and very very frizzy, no matter what! After a few uses of this product my hair is a naturally light blonde color, I LOVE it, and am getting many complements on it. As for the dryness, I can honestly say it conditioned my hair if anything! Without scrunching my hair dried smooth and wavy and it's NEVER done that before, it's silky smooth and shiny as well! More than before. The smell is the only drawback, not my favorite, but overall a great product I'll continue to use all summer!:)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Bella126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hi everybody, i'm zoey from Holland an i'm 13 years old i used This stuff for About a year and i love it. IT works really well and iT turnded really natrually i have dark hair so ist you'd better don't be to long in the sun, For better realsults make your hair wet before using it NOT OVERWET after that dye it and after that blow dry iT Everywhere good luck 😘

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Chelchau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It worked on my dark hair, people noticed within weeks, I don't think it wrecked my hair but my hair was pretty dry to begin with

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by aubrila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here the deal. Do I recommend this to others? Not necessarily. There's so many things that could go wrong with it, and I understand it's probably not healthy for you, especially on damaged hair. But it already has these warnings on the package! I LOVE it! Just be smart about it. My hair is already blonde to begin with. I don't dye my hair, and my hair is very healthy to begin with and has no red undertones to it. It works perfectly on me, and I absolutely love it! It gives it such a pretty lighter blonde color, and my hair turns shiny and sparkly after using it! It does not damage my hair, but that is because my hair was very healthy already. It is a very natural, pretty color. I get compliments on the color of my hair a lot. In fact, one time when I went to go get my hair cut, the hairdresser asked me what color I use in my hair, because she loved it. When I told her it was sun-in, she was so surprised! Haha, she told me that usually she see's people coming in with damaged or red hair because of it, but she told me that it actually worked out very well in my hair. I imagine that if you were to try this product on already damaged hair, it wouldn't end put so good. Also, be careful with the color of your hair to begin with. This is not recommended for people with darker hair. Of course there is always exceptions, but more likely then not it is not good for darker hair. Also, DO NOT use if you have dyed your hair in the past. Some of my friends have tried it on their already dyed hair, and none ended prettily. Also, be careful of the undertones of your hair, please! Even if you have the slightest red tint to your hair, or if your hair has the tendency to go a bit red with other products (some times you might not even know, but that's why you test it first), there is a good chance that this product will turn your hair an ugly red color. Bottom line: use common sense :). It warns you of these things on the packaging, and it tells EVERYBODY to test a strand before going crazy with it and dunking it on your hair. This will prevent you from disaster. Is this product for everyone? No, absolutely not!! Does it work though? Yes, it works more than perfectly on my hair! But everybody is different. I love this and will always use it once a year in the summer because of how easy and nice it is. If you're thinking about doing it on your already healthy, never before dyed hair, I'd say just try it; test a strand out! It's only about $3 a bottle (a bottle that will last you years, by the way). Just be smart about it! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by pearlescent95

Whatever the packaging says, do not believe its claims of "conditioning" and "hydrating". Ultimately, this product does strip your hair, especially if used with heat products. If you are planning on using it, pay careful attention to your undertones. My brown hair turned orange and dry after two uses and has stuck with me for years!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MelissaDunnMakeup

This product is a Big NO NO, I am a cosmetologist and trust me when I say this product is not healthy and can be dangerous for the hair! It has metallic salts in it and once you use this, do not try going to a salon to get your hair colored or highlighted or color corrected or permed! We just will not do it. The reason why is because the chemicals in the hair after the sun in is used combined with professional hair color or lighter can cause the hair to smoke, melt and just become a big scary mess! We learn this in Cosmetology school. I don't want to burst anyone's bubble I just want you to beware what you put in your hair! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by beck1392

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this stuff on and off for years, and I will probably always use it. I'm a natural blonde but my roots show in the winter since I can't let the sun naturally lighten it, so I just spray this on my roots and blow dry. it takes 2 or 3 times to get the hair light enough but at $5 it is definitely worth it! I can't afford to go to a salon and honestly real highlights seem to damage my hair while this stuff doesn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by camrynlle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Honestly I loved this product. I have medium LONG thick blonde hair, and after using this product four times, my hair is light blonde. This product doesn't come out of your hair and continues to lighten every time you are in the sun. Luckily for me i live in south Florida and being in the sun isn't hard. I don't recommend this product for people with light brown, medium brown, or anything darker. I don't even recommend it for people with dirty blonde hair, for it can give you a reddish tint. In some cases people have said it gave them dry and damaged hair, but not in my case. My hair did not damage or become dry in any way.

Tips for using sun in:
-wet your hair before using it you can apply the product evenly
-apply the product away from skin (especially the face)
- turn the blow drier on full heat for about 5-10 minutes (make sure you get everywhere)
-After drying your hair go out in the sun for about an hour or two to lighten it up some more
-use the deep conditioning "its a ten" after you are done lighting your hair

* you can get 'Its a ten' from any local hair dresser, CVS, or any beauty shop. Its price ranges from $10-$40 but it is worth it. It resorts damages and dry hair completely.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by shereenmohsen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product did not highlight my hair even a bit . I consider it a waste of money it is
a lotion mixed with proxide.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by KCLADYZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this to lighten my dark ends. No results at all. Not even a little.