Sun-In - Highlighting Spray

3.6

Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Lemon Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Hydroxyethyl Cetyldimonium Phosphate, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Glycerin, Quaternium-80, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Benzoic Acid, Disodium EDTA.

on 2/18/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, but it isn't for everyone.
As a child I had super light blonde hair that kept getting darker as I got older. I use this a few times every couple months to keep my hair bright and blonde.
it doesn't turn my hair orange or brassy, especially if i use shampoo that's for blondes.
this product doesnt smell too bad and I think it works better than the john frieda spray.
it woks really really well for me and does its job. I've repurchased it numerous times and my hair is perfectly fine. I've used it on my hair before i dyed it and after ive gotten highlights and it works great.
I will say it gives a more natural look than if you dyed you hair at a salon, i think it blends better
this product isn't too damaging on my hair, but i use a lot of leave-in treatments and hair masks.
since my hair is already blonde I dont get streaks or blotches. if you hair is dark and you try this it might not blend as well. I do have to use it two or three times each session to get it to the desired color, but i can go two months between sessions.

if you have dark hair, do not buy this.
this product only does well for me because i have blonde hair to begin with. this brightens it up and makes it lighter.

on 11/25/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is one of those products that works great for a specific segment of people who have maybe light brown or lighter hair to start with. My hair has a lot of natural variation from dark blonde to light brown with even some silver strands mixed in. Sun In works very well to just boost my natural highlights a little bit. I use it with a blow dryer once every 3 or 4 months. Not often enough to affect my hair's condition or turn it orange. Just enough to maintain it's subtle highlights. It is easy to use and inexpensive. A keeper for me.

on 10/7/2014 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

For a l-ong time I really wanted to use this it is not easy to find, but I finally found it at a Hannaford.
I used this once when my hair was dyed red to bring out some copper highlights and once when my hair was brunette. It did not do a thing! ! From a formulaty standpoint it should have done something since it has hydrogen peroxide, and lemon juice. The hydrogen peroxide can only do so much since it's not an active ingredient,yet it's not like small amounts can't lighten hair to an extent.Lemon juice can lighten hair depending on how it's used but it usually requires heat which is what this product recommends,and the chamomile and calendula ingredients can impact colors ,but it's a hit or miss and the payoff is ususlly tiny.
This has silk AA's but since they arent hydrolized they wont penetrate your hair or anything. If your hair is dry and u wanna keep it moisturized your gonna have to add a leave in conditioner. Because the only thing that can function like an emollient in here is the panthenol,linseed extract, silicone and glycerin.
I tried using it for a week each morning and going in the sun,but maybe I'll try blowdrying it next time.
I found this to smell like cinnamon, but that went away within 5-10 minutes.
If you have dark brown or black hair and use a lot of this, or use this everyday be careful,because,it can turn an unexpectantly orange color.

i have natural light blonde hair, probably about level 9. sometimes the underneath of my hair is a little darker so I use this with a hair dryer to help lighten it. it works for me. but like I said I have naturally super light blonde hair. so if you have anything darker I would not advise using this. it does dry out your hair a little, nothing crazy.

on 9/29/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

No way! Back in the day, before we "knew better" kids/teens would use this for a "quick fix" for highlights. I do NOT recommend this super-drying, oxidizing product. (Peroxide based - at least back in the old days.)
If you want uber-brassy or orange faux-lights - then go right ahead - but I promise you, this is a BAD MOVE.

Don't buy it, don't try it.

Horrid!

on 5/16/2014 2:47:00 PM

I have dyed blonde hair, haven't seen my natural color in 20 years but what I remember of it, it was dark blonde/light brown. I have damaged hair below shoulder length but I love the color so I don't want to fry it any more than I have to. I also can't afford to go to the salon for my roots! So, every so often, I spray the sun in a lot on my roots and then all over my hair. I blow the whole things out and it give my blonde a definite boost. It also hides my roots! Sometimes, I just do the roots. I have a cousin who's a very pretty shade of blonde and she only used sun to get it! It leaves my hair feeling very silky, too. I condition it like crazy and I don't use this product all the time. I would recommend it as a cheap, easy way to boost your blonde or hide your roots. I use the pink bottle and it smells tropical!

on 5/13/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have naturally dark brown hair and this did lighten my hair after a few uses, but it wasn't even and it made my hair dry. My hair in some places is still a bit dark and in others is a lighter color. At first I didn't notice that it was drying my hair out, but I don't think I've ever had split ends but now I have bad split ends after using this and my hair just feels...thin and stringy, it's weird. I used it maybe 8-10 times? Which is the amount I needed to use it for it to change my hair color somewhat noticeably.

on 4/28/2014 1:36:00 AM

I have waist length hair and it is naturally medium brown with natural blond highlights this stuff lightens it to an almost strawberry blonde and I love it I buy the one in the pink bottle cause I like the way that one smells but either on will give you the same results

on 4/10/2014 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have medium length dirty blonde hair and my roots were growing in dark because of the lack of sun...and my hair is naturally curly and very very frizzy, no matter what! After a few uses of this product my hair is a naturally light blonde color, I LOVE it, and am getting many complements on it. As for the dryness, I can honestly say it conditioned my hair if anything! Without scrunching my hair dried smooth and wavy and it's NEVER done that before, it's silky smooth and shiny as well! More than before. The smell is the only drawback, not my favorite, but overall a great product I'll continue to use all summer!:)

on 3/29/2014 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hi everybody, i'm zoey from Holland an i'm 13 years old i used This stuff for About a year and i love it. IT works really well and iT turnded really natrually i have dark hair so ist you'd better don't be to long in the sun, For better realsults make your hair wet before using it NOT OVERWET after that dye it and after that blow dry iT Everywhere good luck 😘