Cle de Peau Concealer

4.2

titanium dioxide, hydrogenated polydecene, cyclomethicone, mica, kaolin, CI 77492, diphenylsiloxy phenyl trimethicone, paraffin, sodium magnesium silicate, CI 77491, polyethylene, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, glycerin, barium sulfate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), peg-10 dimethicone, phytosteryl macadamiate, ci 77499, water, synthetic fluorphlogopite, butylene glycol, polysilicone-5, tocopheryl, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, aluminium hydroxide, alcohol, aluminium distearate, dimethicone, triethoxysilyethyl polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, prunus speciosa leaf extract,

on 5/22/2015 8:41:00 AM

I bought this concealer 2 weeks ago whilst I was in New York for $73 including tax, which is expensive but I think this concealer is totally worth it!

It is really creamy. Creamy than any other concealer I have tried (and believe you me I have tried a lot!!) but not at all drying. I have quite dry skin, especially under the eyes as I am an eczema sufferer and this is does not look at all drying.
I have tried the popular creamy concealers like Bobbi Brown and Nars and they are both too drying for under my eyes.

The coverage is also amazing! I do use the Tarte CC colour corrector underneath which is also HG for me so I can't really say what the coverage is like on its own but the concealer is quite high coverage so I do think it would offer great coverage on its own.

I use my eye cream, then the Tarte Corrector which I blend with my finger and the use the Cle de Peau concealer, which I either blend with a synthetic brush or my beauty blender and this process really works for me.

I have only been using it the past few weeks but I cannot see myself reaching for anything else now I have found this product.

The only flaw for me and the reasons it doesn't get 5 stars is that it does slightly crease. However I have never used a concealer that doesn’t crease on me. I do set this with powder which helps but it does still crease slightly. It also doesn’t last all day for me. But again I have never used a concealer that lasts all day (including Mac Prolong Wear).

But above all for me this product is totally worth the money and when I run out of it I would definitely re-purchase this. For the courage it offers for me it is worth the money.

For reference I was matched to Ivory and I am Mac NW20, Nars custard/vanilla.

on 5/21/2015 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I like the packaging but I find the formula is nothing special. Way overpriced. If I pay this much money for a product it needs to be HG and this is not, at least for me. I find it too dry for undereye and doesn't build over a blemish, rather builds around it making it look worse. I make it work by adding it to a moisturizer for under my eye, but for this price I shouldn't struggle with the product. I prefer LM Secret Concealer, KA Skin Enhancer, and any BB concealer product over this.

on 4/17/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this is a good concealer. is it worth $70? hell no!the only thing that sets it apart from other creamy stick concealers is the coverage is really good (most are) and the lasting power is sublime. but other than that, not worth it. save your money. blending the concealer out was ok but if blended too much, it was gone, and it i didnt blend enough, you could clearly see the dot where i placed it. i used two different shades.

if you want something thats going to stay put on your face until you take it off, this would be a decent choice.

on 4/12/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes, the price point is absurd but, if you had to only pick ONE makeup item for your kit, THIS IS IT. I wish I'd just bit the bullet sooner and bought it because what was REALLY expensive was all the concealer I ended up throwing in the garbage after I tried the CDP...Laura Mercier, MAC, MFE, Bobbi Brown, a bunch of Korean ones, Kat Von D, the Balm...NONE even came CLOSE to the miraculous covering power of CDP. It covers EVERYTHING with flawless ease...dark circles, blemishes, ruptured capillaries, everything and leaves your skin looking naturally flawless!!. I dab it on with the small Sephora concealer brush and then blend it out with Sephora's Airbrush Concealer brush. Very heavily pigmented, non-greasy, great lasting power, and doesn't collect in fine lines. Truly a miracle. Absolutely earns its keep...this stuff is worth every ridiculous penny!! You'll be pissed you spent so much money on the other concealers that have piled up in your drawer.

on 3/24/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had to write a review after I have bn dying to try this and using for two months now with success. This is now my HG. I went to Neiman Marcus and was matched with Ivory for my light skin. Lancome Teint miricale I wear Bisque 4W and I'm Prob a MAC NW20-25 now. I suggest going in to get color matched Cuz I was positive going in that I was the Beige color. She tried the beige on one eye and ivory on the other. The Ivory was lighter but the yellow tone cancelled out my blue-purple dark circles better. she brought it all the way down to my nose in a upside down triangle which I loved cuz it blended so well into my skin. I usually covered the darkness, not anymore. I use her method now. I apply it with my finger first warming it up. I push/pat it into my skin bringing it to my nose. Then I take a flat concealer brush to finish and set with powder. Yes I'm 40 and hav lines but this melts into your skin and full coverage so you don't use much. I now use this for other parts of my face too. Around my nose, mouth, forehead dark spots and it is like your skin but better. Love needing one concealer now. Yes it's pricey but so worth it at my age. I like its small cuz I carry it with me. I might need a darker color in summer so I'll see but loving the yellow in Ivory to correct and conceal the darkness. I always used peach/salmon but yellow tone seems better for me and my skin tone. I used to use NARS Creamy concealer in vanilla but it wasn't matching my skin tone well, canceling out the circles or dark enough to anymore. This was the Best purchase in 2015 so far!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I couldn't find enough YouTube reviews to satisfy my curiosity so I went to Neiman Marcus to see for myself. I was matched with the Honey concealer despite thinking Ochre would have been a better match beforehand. Surprisingly the honey concealer did a great job at hiding my vampire type dark circles. Ochre has more of a peachy undertone and the Honey has more of a "café con leche"/yellow undertone which worked better for me. The next (and last) shade after Honey is Mocha so I might have to get that for the summer when I get a little darker. There are a few colors to choose from but not enough for women of color.

I'm not thrilled with the price point but I am happy with the result and the packaging so it was worth the $70 for me. Cle de Peau provides full coverage so you don't have to build up coverage too much to get your desired result and it gives you a matte powder finish. Being that I have some fine lines, I set it with powder for a flawless finish and to prevent creasing throughout the day. I really like this concealer because there aren't many products with this type of rich pigmentation to fully cover dark circles without using a corrector. I also like the fact that it also dries to a matte finish and has minimal creasing if you don't set it with a powder. All in all, I like it for me and would absolutely repurchase.

on 3/15/2015 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The ONLY reason I gave it 4 stars is because of the price...At $70, it's pricey, but worth every penny. I tried a sample that I received when I bought some makeup at Neiman. The only sample color they give out is Beige (confirmed later by a sales lady at Saks). I had heard good things, so I gave it a try. It covers up my cystic acne scars so well, that someone at work told me my skin looked flawless. For me, the biggest compliment I can receive is that my skin looks good. ;) I have only used it to cover acne scars, and as under eye concealer. Not sure how it works for highlight/contour, but overall, it is the best concealer ever. A close second is the Laura Mercier secret camoflague. I also have Amazing Cosmetics concealer, which I was able to color match very well, but it cakes up after a while.

on 1/30/2015 5:26:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is the best concealer in the world. It's literally like an eraser. My only problem with it is as I live in UK it's hard for me to buy it. If you can't find it Nars makes the second best concealer.
You have to blend it really well as Kevyn Aucoin once said blending is the key to the perfect face. I use this in a shade that is slightly more beige than my normal skin tone and I've to really work it with my fingers but in the end it covers rosacea so no complaints there!

on 1/6/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best concealer I've ever used.

Although its price is not cheap, yet it has 5g,
so the average cose is indeed worth the price.

it comes with high coverage on my undereye dark circle and also on my acne spots.
the texture is smooth and mosirizing enough, won't induce dry lines on my eye.

i'd definitely repurchase this item,
indeed, i already hv 1 back up as stock !!

on 12/28/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have never written a review before but I have to say , as a makeup junkie and someone with extreme dark circles , this is by far the most wonderful concealer ever !!! Definitely my HG after trying more concealers than I can count . It glides on beautifully and does not settle in fine lines . The colours are wonderful and it seems to adapt to my skin tone . Expensive I know but worth every penny . Only need a tiny bit anyway !

Top Rated Cle de Peau Products