April 23, 2014 | 1874 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hufs

Okay. I hate to admit it but I love this concealer. Has great coverage without looking cakey. The only problem is that I can't get the right color. I am in between ivory and beige. What am I supposed to do??buy two and mix for 140?????
They definitely need to come out with a wider color range. Only if more color choices this is close to perfect!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is priced at $70.00. This entire line is so overpriced it's quite ridiculous. There isn't a concealer worth $70.00, including this one. If you think it is, I'd like to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge, as they say! Some will say this is worth the 70 bucks because there are people who can afford it and will buy it. Well, there are also people who will buy it BECAUSE it's expensive, but who probably shouldn't as they really can't afford it. Firstly, the packaging is AWFUL as it comes in a lipstick-like tube, only thinner, which most people will apply directly to the under eye area and cross contaminate. Tube or pot packaging would have been preferable, particularly a tube. There is NOTHING here in the ingredient list which sets it above any other REASONABLY priced concealer. Just because it's expensive doesn't make it GOOD, but the marketing is to price it high so people will THINK it's worth it. That's the oldest marketing ploy in the book. Don't believe editorial nonsense either as companies pay to have their products touted by suposed beauty insiders! This product's website details the exclusivity by the powders used in this product. POWDERS, yuck! Powders imply talc which hasn't been used in fine quality makeup in decades. Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides and Minerals are now used in foundations and concealers so they may advertise "Talc Free." Imagine packing/putting a pressed or loose powder under your eyes. No thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Repurchased. This is awesome. To conceal flaws, put it on thick onto skin and then blend with the sharp end of the beauty blender. Doesn't crease throughout and I finish my makeup with MUFE spray. For heavier coverage for redness, I recommend Becca's.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm giving 4 stars because for this price, this ought to be a truly magical product that transforms me into Kim Kardashian and makes me poop rainbows. It really is a nice concealer, goes on smooth and creamy and has excellent pigmentation (it's true that one stick can last you a year or so), but it does occasionally settle into a cursed fine line or two. I usually apply it over my foundation, so I think maybe I might try to apply it underneath and see if it looks better. When I first received it in the mail by the grace of God and one of his angels in the form of a MUA'er, I immediately ran into the bathroom and applied it under my tired bloodshot eyes and I instantly looked bright-eyed and wide awake. So quick and easy and a little goes a very long way. Today I didn't put on any makeup except for the CdP and just patted a little under my eyes and it looked really nice on my bare skin with no other makeup. So this is a pretty versatile product and good to have in your stash, like if a rich aunt offers to buy it for you or something.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by dallasgirl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is nice but cover fx does a better job at a lower price and larger amount of product

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by graceshak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While it's a great concealer with good coverage (with just very little product used), staying power (provided you don't have oily skin) and blendability (is that a word), I say skip it unless you don't mind paying a whole lot more. There are cheaper alternatives like mac and laura mercier. Tried using it under my eyes and while it brightens up the skin, it was dry and sat into fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes it is stupidly expensive. But if you are a concealer junkie (raises hand) it is better for my skin than any other I have tried.

PROS

1) Provides excellent coverage with only a very thin layer. They got the consistency just right.

2) Does not crease IF you let eye cream and/or moisturizer soak in before you apply it. Otherwise it will crease up like anything else.

3). Does not make the texture problems of skin under your eyes worse. Really nice smooth consistency that is very forgiving.

CONS

1) attempts to set it with various kinds of powders are borderline disastrous. Skin winds up looking dry and cracked, at least on me.

2). Because of its emollient formula it has a tendency to exacerbate raccoon eyes. This may just be my problem however, since everything gives me raccoon eyes. If I put a fine layer of Nars concealer over it that seems to solve the problem, but it's a bit tricky to smooth out.

If there is a concealer at carried at Sephora I've tried it. I didn't want to buy into the hype and love this but the minute I used it, I was sold. I recommend trying it before you buy because of the stiff price tag. If you are young with no discoloration or fine lines you could probably get by with something a lot cheaper. But if you like me struggle with those problems, this concealer is the best I've found.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by chloenkitty

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't get the hype. I have minimal fine lines under my eyes and this looks cakey and makes me look like I have more lines than I actually do. I've warmed it up between my fingers, on the back of my hand, use a good eye cream etc

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by NinaToni

LOVE this product! I use it everyday to cover up only where I need it (basically anywhere my skin changes color - redness, blemishes, etc). I buff it in with a brush and don't need to reapply throughout the day. Since it matches my skin perfectly, it completely eliminates my need for foundation - major plus! I don't use it under my eyes, so I can't review the use there. It's totally worth the price tag as it's become the only thing I need for a simple, foundation free, everyday makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Sashaaaa

I have been using it for over a week and so far it is superb! Given the right moisturizer base it blends with skin seamlessly. Applying it over more silicony moisturizer like MAC Fast Response gives the best results. I am still looking for the perfect eye setting product. Despite the fact that I am quite pale (NW20 in MAC or slithly lighter) after consulting with several SAs at the counter I went for the Beige not Ivory color - it covers my blueish dark circles better.

Update 22SEP2013: my skin got paler in autumn (plus an experiment with retinA made me practically white) and the Beige now looks a little too yellow on me. Still belnds ok, but might consider buying the concealer in Ivory later.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No