October 22, 2014 | 1017 users online

Cleansers - Desert Essence - Age Reversal face cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lithium138

This is a cream based cleanser and I was weary that it would not take off makeup but the label clearly stated it was great for makeup removal so I went ahead and tried it. It left my skin feeling like a coat of wax was put on it and it did not remove my non waterproof mascara at all.
I had to use another gel based cleanser before I used it which is ridiculous because you just strip more oil from your skin. If you use it on clean skin first thing in the morning it does make it feel softer but I never used it long enough to see if the other stated benefits really happened.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by eemajin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is nice that this adds lots of antioxidant natural ingredients, but if it is not pleasant to use then all that is for not. States: "Formulated with moisturizing and revitalizing oils, antiloxidants, botanical extracts and fruit acids." The ingredient list supports this. A sidenote: it does contains paraben (synthetic preservative), but most products do.

The stuffs smells unpleasant and therefore I cannot stand to use it. It leaves a moisturizing film on your skin, which could be considered good or bad. Does not leave your skin feeling clean. If I were to use it I would use a different cleanser first to clean, and then use this one to moisturize, using a similar concept to the lotion-in-the-shower method if you are familar with that.

The label also says "Cleanses pores and gently exfoiates skin. Great for makeup removal" No miracle there. Took two washings to sufficiently remove eye makeup, but okay in this department.

If only the scent were better I might find some use for this.