October 1, 2014 | 1762 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pure Shine The Naturals #27

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by tiff1211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color on my NC 45 skin tone.....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

In all fairness, I bought this sight unseen on sephora, so I didn't try the other tones. I bought no 24 which is ok but really a bit on the pasty side for me. The texture is a very thin gloss, and I have to agree with the comments about the smell not being the best. Really, can't YSL come up with something more sophisticated than some cheapo watermelon immitation? However, I found a use for this gloss by layering it over my Guerlain Kiss Kiss Envie de Beige lipstick (YSL, take heed of Guerlain's lipstick smell. Now THAT's what expensive lipstick should smell like) The combination is great as the brownish undertone of the Guerlain gets erased by the pink of the gloss. The result is a gorgeous goldey beige that I has brought me several compliments. On its own, I don't think I will buy more of this line given the bad scent and the unpleasant thin texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is overall, a beautiful line of sheer, nude lip colors. Its hard to do nude without looking somewhat pasty and washed out. YSL did very well with this collection - though the texture is more like a very light gloss vs. a lipstick, so don't expect it to be long lasting or to hide irregular lip tones.

Somehow these lip sheers just melt into your lips without the funny milky texture. It also has a SPF 15 and doesn't dry out the lips. If you are a nude/beige lip color fan - this is a great, unique edition and worth looking into.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The #27 is Miel Naturel/Natural Honey. I LOVE this color. It is a HG nude l/s for me. I wasn't quite sure how it would look once I brought it home but I really liked it a lot. I pair it up w/Kevyn Aucoin The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil and it looks BEAUTIFUL. The colors featured in the Yves Saint Laurent "The Naturals" Collection include #24 Natural Pink, #25 Natural Brown, #26 Natural Beige and #27 Natural Honey. I thought the others were a bit too gray or a bit too pink on me. The SA told me she didn't like the #27 on me but that just goes to show that if you like something go with what you're comfortable with. I got compliments on how full my lips looked. I say go to Nordy's and try them on. I'm sure you will find one of the 4 colors to your liking. I know some reviewers didn't like the smell but I have no problem w/it. I also like the packaging it's different so it makes it fun.