August 27, 2014 | 1768 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Viridiana

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by sumansaran

This is one of my few non-drugstore, high-end lipstick purchases that was worth every penny and that I would repurchase. The color is a fabulous and rather "warm" brick shade with hints of berry that could probably pass for red depending on your skin tone. It is my go-to shade when I want substantial color/pigmentation but don't want a true red or a very bright lip. On my skin/lip tone, this looks like the more pigmented lipstick I *should* be wearing, sort of like how women in the 50s looked like they were born wearing that fabulous red, only a little bit more modern. I find this to be a unique lipstick that warrants a place in my collection, whereas I know many of my other lipsticks are just variations of the same shade. A layer of gloss enriches this lipstick beautifully, and it has rather good wear considering it is a semi-matte formula. I shy away from matte lipsticks, so this is a nice compromise because it is not very drying or sheer and still delivers great pigmentation and decent wear. I've come close to deciding that if I could only travel with 2 lipsticks, I would take this and a more neutral/everyday lipstick (perhaps my other current favorite from Nars, Beautiful Liar). I'm surprised I don't hear more about this shade considering how versatile and lovely it is - it was a great discovery and I'm sticking with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

Burgundy? No. More of a deep, earthy rose. This is definitely a blue-toned shade, but it has enough neutrality not to look amiss on a warm toned face. Not glossy or shimmery. Rather opaque, and with minimal shine. Make sure your lips are MOIST but NOT GREASY when you apply this, so as to avoid having your lips feel dry. No scent or smell. This is a lovely addition to your fall and winter lip wardrobe. This is a serious lip look, but it is mute and not bright or garish in the least. You cannot help but feel elegant while wearing it. It works with deep forest greens, plums, wines, berry-tones, grey, black and winter white.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by tearupyourphotos

This is a dusty rose/berry color that's suited for me in the winter months when I'm pale (NC 25). I think this is the pinker version of Shanghai Express (my boyfriend loves Viridiana out of the two shades, I like SE better though). I love wearing this to formal occasions where I can't wear my usual loud shades. It has the typical NARS semi-matte characteristics - scented, drying without chapstick and lip liner underneath, and long-lasting but transfers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ubieta

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you like a mid-tone berry color with good staying power, you owe it to yourself to check this out. I really like it. The formula has great staying power, without being dry. My lips are pigmented, and Viridiana looks just like my lips, bitten - it's a bit of color, without being over-the-top. It has that "natural, only better" quality to it. Viridiana also looks great with NARS "Damage" on top.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by ozlema

I was looking for a sexy but not too flashy berry lipstick and based on the reviews and my previous experience with NARS lipstick, very hopeful for Viridiana. However on my highly pigmented lips it came out much darker than the tube, very sour cherry, like nineties goth. Also, it makes my lips very dry and flaky and what could be less desirable than dark cherry flaky lips?

UPDATE: Not willing to give up with a Nars lipstick I found a way to make this look more natural looking. I just dab the lipstick a few times on my lips with no pressure at all then with the help of a little gloss let it set (it is way too dry) and voila, wonderful berry looking lips. The staying power is magnificent as with all Nars lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by TheRedDeluge

Love the shade and wear it almost everyday. Long lasting satin finish isn't drying at all. I wanted to start wearing red lips and this is a toned down version for me.

I have gotten a lot of compliments for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite NARS lipstick so far!!!! It's an intense shade, so the semi-matte formula makes it wearable without making it too much. It also makes it last FOREVER!! On me this IS a burgundy color which enlivens my yellow under-toned skin. I did not find it to be drying and it leaves a nice stain on the lips after eating. But the ultimate test? My husband noticed it!! He asked if I had done something "different" and it was the Viridiana!! LOVE IT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color payoff? This is a super staining lipstick! It is not going anywhere. Perfect fall and winter color-and more bang for your buck!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 11:49:00 AM More reviews by PuffyMiddlepart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This does come out burgundy on me and I have a neutral skin tone. It's absolutely velvety and gorgeous. I'd encourage girls who have both warm and cool in their complexions to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

OK, I agree with everyone else that this is not burgundy, but I don't think the incorrect description should harm Viridiana's score. It's a rich, slightly browned-down medium-to-deep rose, and it's a lovely, very wearable color. It's a great everyday shade for fall and winter, gives lips emphasis without the "drama" of red. This is the semi-matte formula, so I highly recommend using a dab of lip balm underneath, as it can be somewhat drying. Great long-lasting color.
UPDATE (5/22/08): It took me a little while, but I have fallen in love with this lipstick. I reach for it all the time, lovely color!