August 28, 2014 | 1844 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Glam Shine 6h Gloss Brilliance in Lasting Coral

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by stls

Truly hated that, went to the garbage pretty soon.
Shortly after application my lips felt sticky, dried out, goopy, covered with a layer of glitter and specks of solid color. Didn't like the smell, the packaging felt cheap... Well, complete disaster of all aspects. Never again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Inca78

I bought this 6hour gloss after trying it at my sister's. As far as pretty cheap, easily available glosses go, this one is good. For me, it definately doesnt stay on for more than 2-3 hours, but it's the better of the cheap store brand style glosses.
The bottle and applicator are clever and the heart shaped applicator makes it easy to put on.

Overall: for its price and considering its not a high end product, it was pretty good.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by hanarox444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I bought this I was aware of the fact that lipgloss, by nature, don't last very long. However this gloss promised to stay on for 6 hours, and it had 6h written three times on the packaging, so I thought that it may last somewhat longer than a regular gloss. I did not expect it to make it to 6 hours at all.
And it didn't. This gloss is lucky to last me 2 hours. How annoying!
It has a pretty unique applicator, which I like a lot. I don't find it sticky, as my hair never gets stuck in this gloss (which happen with a lot of glosses and I hate.) this lipgloss did, however, have an unpleasant texture, and the odd smell is something I could very much do without.
I don't hate this colour, but I don't particularly like it either. There’s really no way I'd repurchase this one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 2:33:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I'll have to add to the choir. While I'm absolutely in live with the color (I own Cinnamon addict and it has a sheer hint of color with wonderful tiny glitters that are just perfect for one who doesn't like MOST glitter), I find the texture to be way too sticky and drying. Of course I understand it has to be like that because it's meant to last for 6 hours, and it does last, while ordinary soft and lovely glosses last about half an hour.
I love the packaging, though. The heart shaped applicator works well. Slight medicine-like fragrance that fades quickly.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2007 5:15:00 AM More reviews by frumushika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is a bad joke. i've used several lip glosess by l'oreal in the past and was impatient to buy this one. fortunately, i got a sample from elle and was able to avoid throwing away the money. it's SO STICKY! the feeling is you've accidentaly put on your lips some uperglue with pigments.... it doesn't look bad, but the sensation is horrible. plus, after 30 minutes, it felt as if it had already dried up on my lips and was ready to flake.... yuck. i tried to wipe it away with a kleenex and the tissue got stuck in the the STICKY stuff... in panic, i put some of my lipbalm over it and only the was i able to remove this nihtmare from my lips. packaging also sucks in my oppinion - not that i think it matters anymore compared to the product itself. i cannot think of anybody who would buy this instead of revlon's gorgeous lip gloss for the same price....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by FoxPro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried everlasting beige - a perfect nude colour. Also more of a glossy cream option, rather than one of the sparkly ones. It really does stay put for a subtle but pretty gloss effect for 3 or 4 hours. Stops that pale, dried-out lips look; quick and easy to reapply without a mirror, too. So won't give you lush, perfect gloss for hours, BUT does give you moist, plump looking lips for much longer than any other gloss I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by vanessag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried Glam Shine 6Hs in Mauve Shade. I was attracted by the advertisment of 6hs of wear. the mauve shade is pretty nice.
The applicator is just wonderful (it is the heart shaped flock - like the one of lancome), it is so soft and allows a great, perfect application.
the gloss itself .. ehm. after application it seems lovely, but in a matter of minutes it dries a lot and it becomes sticky and heavy.
After 10 minutes, lips become numb, it's like when you go to the dentist and you have anesthesia.. you don't feel the lips.
It's a price too high for 3 hs of wear. I prefer to apply my regular gloss every two hours!
Will never buy again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

They should add "Heck no" as an option in the "Would you buy this product again" section. First of all, Lasting Coral is a nice color, even thought it is Apricot, not coral (go figure). The texture sucks sooooo bad. It is creamy liquid lipstick, not at all a real gloss, since all the glossiness fades away just like that. This is full of essential oils which evaporate from your lips like there is no tomorrow, leaving you with dried out lips and a nice (not) layer of glitter (glitter, not sparkle!) I tried to reapply it because I thought that maybe I hadn't used enough product in the first place, but nope... the new layer sank into my lips, too, leaving SO much glitter on my lips that they looked frosty. So yes, this gives your lips 6h shine but because of the shimmer particles, not the gloss itself. Big nay from me, since dried out frosty lips just aren't my kinda thing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No