Make Up For Ever Aqua Creamliner (All)

3.7

Against my intuition about this product, I let my local Sephora associate convince me into buying it. It is the absolute WORST cream liner I have ever used. It becomes incredibly dry as soon as it hits your liner brush, making it nearly impossible to get clean lines when you're raking it across your eye just to get a very faint color. I will definitely not buy this product again.

on 8/6/2012 2:31:00 PM

THE ONLY EYELINER YOU SHOULD EVER USE! I have used just about every eyeliner out there and my only criteria are that it stays and is very pigmented. This has both. A Must.

on 1/31/2012 5:55:00 PM

My first cream liner, and my only one until now. I'm very satisfied about it.
I put some powder on my eyelid first, then I apply the liner and it lasts almost all day long. My only problem was to find a good brush for it, because if you take too much product it makes a thick and crooked line, really awful. If it's your first time as it was for me, you'll need some practice and loads of patience.

on 7/9/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm confused as to why so many people don't like this eyeliner. I applied this eyeliner and 10 hours later, it hadn't budged. I have hooded eyes and the eyeliner usually transfers to the upper part of the lids. Well, this liner didn't transfer at all. I like the color, it's a nice matte black. And the color payoff is good.

on 12/31/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I too bought this eye liner hoping to get away from liquid liners or pen style liners and make use of my nice angled brush. Unfortunately I found it dry and solid and it did not go on creamy or smooth. Maybe I got a bad batch? Returning it to the one store in my city that carries it would have been a big hassle so I tried to make do with it. After about 2 weeks it was a sad little tough chunk in the pot and was like using a dried out pencil to tug at my eyes. It was a gift so I don't feel that bad about binning it, but I was disappointed in the texture since I was quite looking forward to it, and it was kinda pricey. After about 2 months it had shrivelled to the point that I could turn it upside down and the little hockey puck of creamliner fell right into the trash. (and yes, I sealed the jar tightly after use so I don't know why that happened)

on 12/15/2010 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this liner in #6 green. It is long-wearing, waterproof and if you let it dry it becomes smudge-proof (you can smudge it when itís still creamy if thatís the look youíre after). I apply it with an angled brush and itís very easy. It also is very smooth. Itís also a good product to put on my waterline, to change my look a little, instead of using always black, and it lasts all day or all night long. The product comes in a small jar, and it lasts long if you keep the jar well closed. I like to put my jar upside down because I was told that this would help to avoid dryness. So far so good. The price is an important downside for me, but again, if I keep the product in good conditions, it lasts a lot of time. I will repurchase again but in other colours.
This product is very similar to the Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof eye liner. It has the same staying power, but the texture is not the same. I find this one a little bit dryer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first creamliner I have ever tried. I still haven't tried another one, because I am very satisfied with this one. I usually use liquid eyeliner, but every now and then, I bust this out. If you're wanting to try a creamliner, and don't mind the price, give it a whirl!

on 12/2/2010 6:31:00 PM

I have the Aqua Creamliner in #5 Purple. This liner is a pretty matte muted violet. It looks great with my brown eyes. It comes in a small clear plastic jar with a black twist cap with a clear insert inside the lid. I kept the insert to attempt it from drying out, but it still did. It still seems creamier than the Aqua Black cream shadow. It tugs a little bit in the colder weather but during the hot summer it glides on easier. I do like cream liners staying power over pencils and I like the control of a brush. This cream liner stays put on me. I love it. I would love to buy this again, but I believe they discontinued it now with the unveiling of the aqua creams. Too bad, because it works very well on me.

on 11/4/2010 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This product was very bad. I love make up for ever. But the formulation for these liners is terrible. The jar I got was starting to dry out after 5 uses. yes I put the lid on tight and it still dried out. When I dip my brush in I no longer get a smooth cream to apply to my eyes. I now get some chunks which don't apply smoothly.

Since this dried out so fast, I haven't been able to get a solid line when using it. They really need to fix this. This costs way too much to only be able to use 5 times before it dries out.

on 5/9/2010 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I went into sephora last summer and asked for all new makeup. One of the things was this cream liner that the sales lady said its her favorite liner shes ever tried. she used it on me and it looked FAB. When i got home i realized i made a mistake in buying it.I think maybe the one i picked was old or something because the formula was very dry. and after a month or two using i said nope forget it i cant use it anymore. The formula dried out soo much that it was completely useless. I love makeup forever but not this liner. I'll try the gel next time

Top Rated Make Up For Ever Products